Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol You want the hard truth?

Its the only figure I have from a movie I don't like.

TDKR was one of the biggest cinematic sequel disapointments for me.
I really only own the figure because I think it looks cool. I like the design, its the only figure I feel as such.

The first day I had him I put him on a shelf with Keaton Bats, Jack Joker, Bale Bats and Ledger Jokers. He just didn't fit. He didn't deserve that shelf. So I put him on the second shelf with the Terminators and he certainly wasn't worthy of that. I skipped the third and fourth shelf which is Star Wars and horror so by then he was by himself. By then I asked myself " I hate this ****ing movie, why do I have the figure."

Later that day I started to seriously think about owning the TDK armory by Legend, which is going for a ridiculously good price.

Yeah, you know where this story is going.....

BUY MY BANE!!!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Hi. New poster but have been lurking the forums. Does anyone know if they'll be remaking the TDKR bane? Cause I wouldn't wanna spend money on it then in a few months get another. Thanks.

Hi. New poster but have been lurking the forums. Does anyone know if they'll be remaking the TDKR bane? Cause I wouldn't wanna spend money on it then in a few months get another. Thanks.

dont think you have to worry about that

Sucks that you feel that way Fiend. BANE is the fkn Boss Brother

I've considered selling my Nolan stuff, as TDKR also left a bad taste in my mouth but strangely enough, Bane is the one who makes me keep my collection because I don't want to let the figure go. So I can't let go of the rest either

Banes an awesome figure, so bad@$$ and well done. I love the head sculpt, body, vest and leather jacket most of all. I will say I don't have a big noland batman collection but outta the 4 pieces I have which is dx12, dx11, toy fair 2011 batman and bane I would say bane and joker are the best from the whole line.

Banes an awesome figure, so bad@$$ and well done. I love the head sculpt, body, vest and leather jacket most of all. I will say I don't have a big noland batman collection but outta the 4 pieces I have which is dx12, dx11, toy fair 2011 batman and bane I would say bane and joker are the best from the whole line.

::exactly:goodpost:

:lol You want the hard truth?

Its the only figure I have from a movie I don't like.

TDKR was one of the biggest cinematic sequel disapointments for me.
I really only own the figure because I think it looks cool. I like the design, its the only figure I feel as such.

The first day I had him I put him on a shelf with Keaton Bats, Jack Joker, Bale Bats and Ledger Jokers. He just didn't fit. He didn't deserve that shelf. So I put him on the second shelf with the Terminators and he certainly wasn't worthy of that. I skipped the third and fourth shelf which is Star Wars and horror so by then he was by himself. By then I asked myself " I hate this ****ing movie, why do I have the figure."

Later that day I started to seriously think about owning the TDK armory by Legend, which is going for a ridiculously good price.

Yeah, you know where this story is going.....

BUY MY BANE!!!

I honestly don't blame you. While I think that Bane was the highlight of that film, I myself had a lot of issues with it (especially the very little characterization we got for Talia). Sure, the film had some cool ideas (taking out Batman halfway through, I myself actual like the ending), but a lot of messy execution in the middle did leave a bad taste in my mouth. I personally view the idea of owning the HT Bane as more of a personalized hidden gem. Basically, if you like the Nolan films in their entirety it's a no-brainer, but if you think he's cool on his own without being in a group (like me) he's also a no-brainer. But seeing as you tend to display things in a very strict grouping sort of way, I can definitely understand why you'd feel that way in regards to having the figure especially considering how you feel about the movie.

Sucks that you feel that way Fiend. BANE is the fkn Boss Brother

I've considered selling my Nolan stuff, as TDKR also left a bad taste in my mouth but strangely enough, Bane is the one who makes me keep my collection because I don't want to let the figure go. So I can't let go of the rest either

I honestly don't blame you. While I think that Bane was the highlight of that film, I myself had a lot of issues with it (especially the very little characterization we got for Talia). Sure, the film had some cool ideas (taking out Batman halfway through, I myself actual like the ending), but a lot of messy execution in the middle did leave a bad taste in my mouth. I personally view the idea of owning the HT Bane as more of a personalized hidden gem. Basically, if you like the Nolan films in their entirety it's a no-brainer, but if you think he's cool on his own without being in a group (like me) he's also a no-brainer. But seeing as you tend to display things in a very strict grouping sort of way, I can definitely understand why you'd feel that way in regards to having the figure especially considering how you feel about the movie.

I wont deny he's a damn nice figure. I said as much in my review. I liked the design when I first saw it in the trailer and I don't have any serious issues with Hardy's performance (although his voice is lolsy at times).
Its just I have a pretty nice collection right now full of iconic characters and actors and he doesn't fit. Hardy's Bane next to Keaton Bats and Nicholson Joker? :lol Hell no! Plus there's the issue of not liking the movie,which is the bigger issue. I must like the source material or I wont feel any connection to the collectible.

It's always sad to see people get disappointed in such a hyped and highly anticipated movie. I mean, we all just want to like it, right? There are some people that hate on things for the sake of hating on it, those people are pretty sad. But I think most people here just really WANTED to like Rises, and a lot of them did (I think?). I went into that film with fairly low expectation thinking that it could NEVER live up to The Dark Knight which in my honest opinion is the best comic book film adaption I've seen yet. And I was blown away by Rises, I saw it in IMAX with my brother who went in with fairly low expectations to (he didn't like ANY of the Nolan Batman films all that much) and he liked it even more then I did. The film is solid, it's good, it met and even went beyond my exceptions. With Hardy's Bane as the best thing about that film imo. I think people's expectation were a big factor as to why people were disappointed with it. And honestly, I saw that coming. Rises was hyped to ridiculous levels and some people just got swept up by it and left the theater disappointed.

As for Bane the figure, I think it surprised all of us. The proto pics made him look ridiculous. But he actually turned out to be one of the best figures of the year for me (I don't actually own him though). BUT, there is still stuff that I just can't get over with, like the pants, no boss pose, no trail master jacket, lack of weathering, vest inaccuracies. That just turned me off too much, because I don't mod figures what I pay is what I get. Right now I'm just really hoping a new version will come, if not, tough luck.

Last edited:

The movie had issues, but I still enjoy it and I love Bane. I like seeing both the Joker and Bane on my shelf as two very different, unique looking villains.

It's always sad to see people get disappointed in such a hyped and highly anticipated movie. I mean, we all just want to like it, right? There are some people that hate on things for the sake of hating on it, those people are pretty sad. But I think most people here just really WANTED to like Rises, and a lot of them did (I think?). I went into that film with fairly low expectation thinking that it could NEVER live up to The Dark Knight which in my honest opinion is the best comic book film adaption I've seen yet. And I was blown away by Rises, I saw it in IMAX with my brother who went in with fairly low expectations to (he didn't like ANY of the Nolan Batman films all that much) and he liked it even more then I did. The film is solid, it's good, it met and even went beyond my exceptions. With Hardy's Bane as the best thing about that film imo. I think people's expectation were a big factor as to why people were disappointed with it. And honestly, I saw that coming. Rises was hyped to ridiculous levels and some people just got swept up by it and left the theater disappointed.

As for Bane the figure, I think it surprised all of us. The proto pics made him look ridiculous. But he actually turned out to be one of the best figures of the year for me (I don't actually own him though). BUT, there is still stuff that I just can't get over with, like the pants, no boss pose, no trail master jacket, lack of weathering, vest inaccuracies. That just turned me off too much, because I don't mod figures what I pay is what I get. Right now I'm just really hoping a new version will come, if not, tough luck.

:hi5:

I loved the movie. Sad at the fact that it ended, but it was the perfect closure to an amazing trilogy with a fitting end to Bruce Wayne's journey.

Oh and bane rawks. Hard. I hate the fact I only have 1 of his figure. The prices are just too much.

HT, please make a variant. And this time. Give him angry eyes. Such a shame that a character whose only means of conveying emotion is through his eyes, (and damned expressive at that, which is a testament to hardys acting) and yet we only have one head sculpt with a serene expression.

This must be corrected with a variant.

Who's with me?!

The problem with rises is it got too heavy and complicated for its own good and took itself too seriously. I don't dislike it, it's a good movie but its just above average for me, begins and dark knight are far superior.

I mean, a movie like the avengers which is heled in high regard and is truly junk makes this movie look really good all in all, but if be ok if batman got back to being a little more fantasy for the next series.

Bane is just a filler villain, he's just not that cool in either the movie or the comic. He wasn't horrible he was just kind of MEH. He's a cheesy 90s villain creation so frankly I wasn't expecting much, it was catwoman I was far more let down by since she is such a rich character, one of my favorites. I blame Hathaway and Nolan equally, and whoever designed the costume.

I loved the movie. Sad at the fact that it ended, but it was the perfect closure to an amazing trilogy with a fitting end to Bruce Wayne's journey.

^^this! couldn't say it better myself.

: D

Bane is just a filler villain, he's just not that cool in either the movie or the comic. He wasn't horrible he was just kind of MEH. He's a cheesy 90s villain creation so frankly I wasn't expecting much, it was catwoman I was far more let down by since she is such a rich character, one of my favorites. I blame Hathaway and Nolan equally, and whoever designed the costume.
Selina/Hathaway is one of my favourite things about TDKR.

Out of interest did you not like catwoman at all in the movie? I thought she was pretty good but a bit underused and underdeveloped.

Where does this hatred come from?

f26n80o.jpg

Back