Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

And yet Rises is still more entertaining to watch than 90% of the crap out there.

What supposedly follows it except other Batman films?

TDKR ended the trilogy very well. It was the weakest in the trilogy but far exceeded all other comic book trilogy enders. I went into the movie knowing there is no way they could replicate or exceed TDK. Bane was a great villain that I really enjoyed. When this was released, I had no extra funds to purchase this. I'm kicking myself now, it turned out great! A lot of these mods make it even harder to resist. Got to fit this in somehow!

Got to fit this in somehow!

You won't regret it. He's even better in-hand.

I remember when I got mine I couldn't believe I was ever on the fence about him.

He ended up turning out better than the proto! How often does that happen?

On a side note, I wish Hot Toys got the license for GOT. How great would that be?!:wink1:

Got this figure literally just an hour ago through a meet up. Amaaazing.

On a side note, I wish Hot Toys got the license for GOT. How great would that be?!:wink1:

It would be awesome but they'd take forever to come out (like every HT) and we'd be frustrated that all they wanted to do was Ned Stark and Joffrey Baratheon.:wink1:

People wanted TDKR to be a bigger, better version of TDK. Sorry kids. Nolan took it in a different direction. He knew that he couldn't make the same kind of film without direct comparisons. TDK was a hightened crime drama done comic book. Alot of you must have been disappointed Bane wasn't another Joker only with big muscles.

Yes, expectations were very high for another TDK...those folks have duly trashed TDKR.
I think it is a masrerpiece for so many different reasons. I'm glad I didn't get another like the second- it is a masterpiece on it's own

Calling people "kids" is a great way of starting out an argument as to why Rises is a masterpiece, well done.

"kids" aside, i agree with spindrift.

tdkr has its flaws (this is what happens when expectations are off the chain and the director is trying to shoehorn what could have been its own trilogy into a single movie). kudos to nolan for holding it together in spite of itself. loved bane (who i dislike in the comics), loved catwoman, and most importantly, loved bruce wayne who is rightly the center of this story (not batman, mind you: bruce).

i feel like i "get" what nolan was doing with all of this and i am very satisfied with the result.

others' expectations and experience will vary. i only care what i think so there's no point in trying to convince others.

...even if they are missing out (kidding).

: D

I think it speaks volumes about the film that we, a year later, are still discussing it. True art, offends. And so did this film, it's a very polarizing film. Some people really love it while others tenaciously hate it.

chain and the director is trying to shoehorn what could have been its own trilogy into a single movie). kudos to nolan for holding it together in spite of itself. loved bane (who i dislike in the comics), loved catwoman, and most importantly, loved bruce wayne who is rightly the center of this story (not batman, mind you: bruce).

i feel like i "get" what nolan was doing with all of this and i am very satisfied with the result.

others' expectations and experience will vary. i only care what i think so there's no point in trying to convince others.

:exactly::goodpost:

I agree on all counts.:hi5:

Although with Nolan Bat-films in general I'm pretty sure I'm the very definition of a "fanboy".

I didnt see it in the best conditions. The showing I went to was in the middle of the night on opening night, and it didnt let it out until 6 in the morning. And I had to be at work at 7. So as I was watching the movie I was also distracted, worried about when it would end.

So my reaction at the time was mixed. I dont think it followed what Nolan set up in TDK. Maybe Ledgers passing changed his plans for the trilogy, I dont know. But once I saw it for what it was, I liked it a lot even though I can admit its faults. I was a fan of Bane from day one though. They delivered on him immediately imo.

Calling people "kids" is a great way of starting out an argument as to why Rises is a masterpiece, well done.

We are all "kids"- we collect toys:rotfl

I think it's a masterpiece. The whole Nolan trilogy

I got Bane, but I didn't care for TDKR either. I like Bane well enough though, and the figure is great. I'll probably get Catwoman too, as it'd be weird to have every character but her.

But yeah, TDKR was a disappointment to me. Even now when I try to watch it, its hard to get through parts of it.

"kids" aside, i agree with spindrift.

tdkr has its flaws (this is what happens when expectations are off the chain and the director is trying to shoehorn what could have been its own trilogy into a single movie). kudos to nolan for holding it together in spite of itself. loved bane (who i dislike in the comics), loved catwoman, and most importantly, loved bruce wayne who is rightly the center of this story (not batman, mind you: bruce).

THIS

But I feel like the people who didn't like TDKR pretend TDK had zero plot holes or leaps in logic what-so-ever and that's simply not true.

I could sit here and say things like "Why does Jokers hair become more green when he takes the mask off in the prologue" or "How is Harvey not in constant pain and how are we able to understand him speaking" or the biggest one to me how would Joker and his guys leave the building after dropping Rachel out a window and more importantly why does Batman not care.

These are pretty stupid things to complain about and thats the same things I hear when people hate on TDKR

" or the biggest one to me how would Joker and his guys leave the building after dropping Rachel out a window and more importantly why does Batman not care.

These are pretty stupid things to complain about and thats the same things I hear when people hate on TDKR

Because they drank all the booze? :huh

all three have flaws (BB is maybe the most solid, objectively).

i think at some point some viewers stop allowing nolan to tell his story and demand/expect the film cater to their own vision. i hoped for so many other things to happen in tdkr, but that's not the story we got.

i love the story we got anyway.

Selling my bane if anyone's after him in the sales thread. Thanks guys

Why dont all you guys go complain in the TDKR Movie thread.
And I dont know how many times you all can post the same opinion and think its different. :lol

Back