Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

....that doesn't make any sense and I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. I can enjoy watching something and still be very critical about it, totally nothing wrong with that. Also sorry to burst your bubble but I haven't bought it on BD (not even on DVD). :wave

Well I do have it in Blu-Ray and DVD and I have a years supply of orvilles popcorn and a truckload of pepsi :nana:

Looking at the character of Bane as portrayed in "TDKR," I thought he was a pretty terrifying Batman villain.

Between the plane hijacking, the manner in which he dealt with his henchmen underground, the brutality in the stock exchange, and his interaction with Daggett - you knew Bane was pure animal.

And the fact that at the end it's revealed he's an emotional human being with a bond to a daughter-like figure? That doesn't take an iota away from his terrifying nature, and only adds depth to his character.

daughter like?
Bane fell in love with a little bald girl :lol

I actually hated Bane, but in a good way. He truly is terrifying IMO although i wasn't a fan of him not being the one who climbed out of the prison. Should have been him.

I wasn't fan of that either because it meant that Bane was not as scary or as dangerous as Bruce and Alfred thought throughout the whole movie.

It was like, they were so afraid of this really tough and dangerous guy that Ras excommunicated when in reality he wasn't as bad as they were thinking.

i love it: they underestimated the joker and overestimated bane.

totally worked for me.

: D

Why are people saying that Bane wasn't dangerous because he was Talia's lackey? He is still that ruthless bad-*** even after it was revealed he was just following Talia's orders.

daughter like?
Bane fell in love with a little bald girl :lol

I wasn't fan of that either because it meant that Bane was not as scary or as dangerous as Bruce and Alfred thought throughout the whole movie.

It was like, they were so afraid of this really tough and dangerous guy that Ras excommunicated when in reality he wasn't as bad as they were thinking.

No you dingus, it wasn't meant to be "love" love, but sibling like love, or as crows said, father/daughter like love. :slap

No you dingus, it wasn't meant to be "love" love, but sibling like love, or as crows said, father/daughter like love. :slap

I didn't get a father daugther like love from them.

Specially since she actually had a dad lol.

Bane is awesome. He is brutal and ruthless, his design is great, Hardy is great. The figure is great. I love the contrast between him and the Joker in my display.

I didn't get a father daugther like love from them.

Specially since she actually had a dad lol.

But she grew up in the pit, she never had a dad, and her mother was raped and murdered. Bane was her protector and guardian. Her big brother, in a way. Until she climbed out of course. and looked for her real dad. You don't fall in romantic love with a freaking toddler.

I thought Bane and Talia were more like partners with the same goal, although Talia was in charge because Ra's was her father and Bane only got back in because of her. Therefore, she's in charge. It's not like Bane is all of the sudden less threatening as Talia because of that. Sometimes I wonder how people can't read between the lines. Like that poster of Superman in handcuffs and all those people that couldn't just infer that the guy surrendered himself. "He would easily break those" Yeah, we know that. That's why its a powerful image.

I never really understood why people thought that Talia was the one "in charge." The film doesn't really make this clear in my opinion, I think Talia was the instigator and came to Bane for help. But the plan to glass Gotham was all Bane as far as I'm concerned, Talia was the inside mole to get Bane the Wayne Enterprises gear. Thus just being another cog in Bane's plan to get supplies to fulfill his plan. They were partners with a sibling like relationship, they loved each other in a brother/sister kind of way. They were fanatical maniacs devoted to fulfilling their fathers plan (and yes that also counts for Bane, Ra's might as well be his father anyway). And then, at the end of the film, when it is revealed that Talia was the one that climbed out of the pit, not Bane. Bane is suddenly a dumb *****? Wut? Does not compute, AT ALL.

But she grew up in the pit, she never had a dad, and her mother was raped and murdered. Bane was her protector and guardian. Her big brother, in a way. Until she climbed out of course. and looked for her real dad. You don't fall in romantic love with a freaking toddler.

can somebody please tell that to Woody Allen :gah:

I never really understood why people thought that Talia was the one "in charge." The film doesn't really make this clear in my opinion, I think Talia was the instigator and came to Bane for help. But the plan to glass Gotham was all Bane as far as I'm concerned, Talia was the inside mole to get Bane the Wayne Enterprises gear. Thus just being another cog in Bane's plan to get supplies to fulfill his plan. They were partners with a sibling like relationship, they loved each other in a brother/sister kind of way. They were fanatical maniacs devoted to fulfilling their fathers plan (and yes that also counts for Bane, Ra's might as well be his father anyway). And then, at the end of the film, when it is revealed that Talia was the one that climbed out of the pit, not Bane. Bane is suddenly a dumb *****? Wut? Does not compute, AT ALL.
I agree with you. He still:
1. Was the physical better of Batman and broke his back.
2. Kept Gotham under siege and prevented our own government from
making any rescue attempts.
3. Commanded a loyal army willing to die for him.

I don't know how all or one of these things could be negated because he cared for Talia.

...the start of TDKR practically rendered the point of TDK's ending moot. In TDK, Batman was described as the only one who "could take it", the one who was willing to make sacrifices.

I disagree. I think the entire purpose of the beginning of TDKR was to show that TDK's ending wasn't moot, that it incurred a cost that was indeed paid. In TDK, Batman made a sacrifice, and the only intellectually honest way of writing that story is to carry it through and show the end result of Batman's sacrifice - how much it has utterly destroyed him as a human being.

Anything else would have been a cheap cop-out.

Batman's a hero because he suffers for Gotham, so much that it destroys his spirit.

I never really understood why people thought that Talia was the one "in charge."

There's absolutely no evidence in the film that Talia is any more "in charge" than Bane. The only evidence about the nature of the hierarchy is that they are equal partners, if Bane isn't her superior.

I think the whole "Bane is Talia's lackey" just comes from plain old sexism - people can't wrap their heads around the fact that a man and a woman can be equal partners, so they reduce it into a mocking "Haha, you're working for a girl!" situation.

^^
:goodpost::exactly:

I won't lie DiFabio, as much as I GREATLY disagree with you in terms of how you feel in regards to Bane (though I personally think that most of what you said aren't inaccurate either), I can't help but find entertainment in the way you write your thoughts sometimes. It's pure genius (no sarcasm intended here at all). :clap

That said, thinking back I agree to some extent in regards to Bane's role. Now I wouldn't go so far as to label him as a lackey, but I find that his role as a "monster" and a "brutal" enforcer is definitely key to his role. I don't think Bane was ever meant to be glorified, as evidenced by the original script. In the plane scene Bane explicitly mentions how viewed himself and his men as somewhere along the lines of being lower than dirt, hence the following line "It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan."

That said, I myself liked that part of his role as a character though I can also see why people would dislike it. Though I definitely agree with you in regards to Talia. I thought she was a weak character that didn't justify the resulting twist in the end. Also while I definitely think that Bane is a great character, his overall execution still can't be compared to the genius writing and performance of Heath Ledger's Joker, and that I can very much agree with.

It's hard to imagine any villain surpassing Ledger's Joker. He absolutely stole the show in TDK. No way did I ever expect Bane to even come close to him.

I Was mostly joking about Bane falling in love with the bald girl,
BUT, I still didn't feel his love as fatherly love. They way he looks at her at the end kind of looked like if he actually loved her.
I don't know, maybe the scene with Talia sucks, The twist and everything after that made it seem like he was in love with her or something.
I just thought he fell in love with her after time.

Back