Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't buy it now while the market is hot, I'd wait for it to cool or for a 2.0. It's by no means a definite, but I'd put it at 50/50. I think there are enough looks to do a second Bane, plus it's a Nolan Batman movie, which HT adores.

I'd like to see an improved 2.0 Bane figure but are there really enough looks for another? I think the clothing with the current Bane nails all the main styles of the film.

I'd like to see an improved 2.0 Bane figure but are there really enough looks for another? I think the clothing with the current Bane nails all the main styles of the film.

You could go with his stock market look, his jacket look from the MMS183 box and the black sweater from the open. You could also give him double-jointed shoulders and more accurate shoulder traps.

While Bane is a great figure he is not worth the current asking prices on Ebay. I threw up in my mouth a bit after spending $230 on him at BBTS shortly after release. I couldn't imagine paying $400 or whatever he is going for.

While Bane is a great figure he is not worth the current asking prices on Ebay. I threw up in my mouth a bit after spending $230 on him at BBTS shortly after release. I couldn't imagine paying $400 or whatever he is going for.

Turns out he was a steal at $230. Aftermarket prices, go figure! :lol

Bane 2.0 and Barsad two-pack, 2017!

tumblr_mdk34xXXn51r0e5uto1_500.gif

Rumor was he was originally suppose to be a DX but they couldnt get the pers to look right with his mask. Hopefully they dont waste time with a 2.0 cause this guy is perfect!

Lol double elbows are an easy mod. And even if you cant do it theres alot of other awesome poses to put him in. And the shoulder straps are not that bad lol. For retail. He was a sweet pick up.

I think his shoulders are narrow because of the vest. Same sort of thing happened with roadblock. Theres an allusion to big traps with the vest on. It was a tailoring decision

Yeah. It's one of those compromises that we get in 1:6 vs real life (though HT surely missed the spot a little by making his pants a little tighter than it should be).

IMO Bane looks best with his leather coat over his vest, which is over his sweater. The layering makes the figure look thicker/bulkier, more so if arms are spread a little wider.

A couple of snaps of my Bane below. Sorry for bad quality and/or poses, this is my first attempt and sadly done using a camera phone!

WP_20141106_005.jpg

WP_20141106_013.jpg

WP_20141109_003.jpg

WP_20141106_014.jpg

WP_20141109_001.jpg

I love this figure :panic:

Rumor was he was originally suppose to be a DX but they couldnt get the pers to look right with his mask. Hopefully they dont waste time with a 2.0 cause this guy is perfect!

Interesting post which has led me to the opposite conclusion from you - I never had much interest in a Bane before but I would be interested in a Bane DX, so now I hope they do make a 2.0.

An Enemies of Batman three pack - Scarecrow, Bane & Two-Face - would be like printing money.

Interesting post which has led me to the opposite conclusion from you - I never had much interest in a Bane before but I would be interested in a Bane DX, so now I hope they do make a 2.0.

An Enemies of Batman three pack - Scarecrow, Bane & Two-Face - would be like printing money.

Not if its north of $700(which it probably would be), especially since so many collectors have those figures already. The only big omission is Ra's.

I didn't stayed glued to this thread so sorry if this has been asked and answered 1000 times; how are the coats holding up with prolonged boss/extreme poses? Any permanent damage?

Back