Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

After seeing it twice I want this

the-dark-knight-rises-bane-poster.jpg

Hey guys, this is definitely going to be my first Hot Toys purchase and now that I have the sort of income that allows me to splurge on an item like this. Just wondering if anyone has a list of preferred or the best sites in which to purchase Hot Toys merchandise from, in regards to price, shipping speed, etc.

Thanks for any and all help.

This guy is an epic and deserve an epic end, but not like that......
They should think of a better finish with this guy....

Hey guys, this is definitely going to be my first Hot Toys purchase and now that I have the sort of income that allows me to splurge on an item like this. Just wondering if anyone has a list of preferred or the best sites in which to purchase Hot Toys merchandise from, in regards to price, shipping speed, etc.

Thanks for any and all help.

BBts sideshowtoy.com alter ego .

i didn't see the movie yet

could hot toys had some missing accesories from the movie ?

Would have been nice to include the photo of Harvey Dent, the detonator, the other jacket that he wore for the first half of the movie, and maybe the mic from the Rogues game.

Dude don't get me started on politics. BTW there will be a provision so that you can opt out of Obamacare for religious reasons and/or hardship depending on what state you live in. So you'll always have a choice.

"You either spend the money on this figure or you don't." Nice. I hope you're not saying that if you're not so fortunate, you shouldn't have this as a hobby. And I'm not saying that I don't have the money to buy this figure, I just don't want to buy a figure at a price that doesn't seem to match what I'm getting. It's like going to a Burger King to buy a Double Whopper but you get McDonald's Beef Burger at DW's price instead. I suppose you'll argue that you can go someplace else? Well we all know HT is the top of the line for 1/6 figure (and I'm only buying the TDKR line). So if you can refer me to a different company that sells TDKR figures at the same scale, same quality for lesser price, I'd be more than happy to buy figures from them. And not buying is not an option for me because I'm a collector. If you can shut off that bit in your head that drives you to collect collectibles as a hobby, please let me know how.

And don't pin this on traditional business model. This company started the MovieMasterpiece line in 2000 and their first figure (MMS 01) was sold for $110 and you know how it looks. Considering the level of detail, accessories, engineering complexity for color, texture, fabrics and rubber that we have come to love and expect to-day, the pricing is justified and some would argue that it remains the same only that it's adjusted to the production cost. Now if it was some other company...

That last paragraph doesn't make sense. You can be grateful if the figure is given to you for free. If you pay money for a collectible, you are basically buying the intrinsic value of it and getting your money's worth. Are you grateful to a busker if you give him/her some money? So gratefulness doesn't come along with it unless your mom bought it for you (even then you ought to be grateful to your mom, not HT). BTW, you almost sound like you're glorifying HT. Please don't. Glorifying a company is a form of fanaticism and it's simply just sad.

NOW be honest and pick which one you'd be willing to spend your money on:
AyJGYYQCYAAweGH.jpg

The one on the right could be the D.X. version.:yess:

Bane definitely needs to have a bigger body, there really isn't an excuse for him to be barely even cut. I'm new to following a Hot Toys from production to release, but is there even a chance that the figure will have a bigger and more film accurate body by release?

Bane definitely needs to have a bigger body, there really isn't an excuse for him to be barely even cut. I'm new to following a Hot Toys from production to release, but is there even a chance that the figure will have a bigger and more film accurate body by release?

Maybe... if the initial pre-order count is lower than they expected and they see this forum pointing out their mistakes (read: laziness, poor art direction, bad execution, crappy photography, color blind employees)

Maybe... if the initial pre-order count is lower than they expected and they see this forum pointing out their mistakes (read: laziness, poor art direction, bad execution, crappy photography, color blind employees)

If you haven't already post pics of your bane on fb.

I did at one point, but it was deleted... :dunno

Again, mine isn't perfect, but damn... if only I had their resources...

It was deleted???!

Post a couple of pics you would like posted on their wall on my visitor page, and i'll post them on HT's page. Over and over. :lol

It was deleted???!

Post a couple of pics you would like posted on their wall on my visitor page, and i'll post them on HT's page. Over and over. :lol

Give me a week or two... I am working on some additions that HT missed (2nd coat, courier vest with nametag, Motorcycle helmet) that will help justify the price on the figure that they SHOULD be making...

I did at one point, but it was deleted... :dunno

Again, mine isn't perfect, but damn... if only I had their resources...

Wow chances are you pissed someone off who works for hot toys .

Back