Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

After a second viewing of the film, I still dislike the character. I'd take ...

Shouldn't the second half of your post be in Spoiler tags? It's only been the first weekend of the movie's release. If it was something widely known then I apologize but I didn't know that was going to happen until I saw the film

Define "dislike". He's not supposed to be likable. But I thought he was a damn fine villain.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That is one reason...

Shouldn't the second half of your post be in Spoiler tags? It's only been the first weekend of the movie's release. If it was something widely known then I apologize but I didn't know that was going to happen until I saw the film

your probably right....

lol analogy fail. with your logic buying a tablet from apple is buying a share of apple stock. no it isn't.

Right, except everything I've ever bought from hot toys has gone up in value $100 or more within weeks of receiving it. A tablet is a piece of technology and as such becomes obsolete within a twelve month period. A hot toys figure is a collectible, which can more closely be compared to a work art in the way it appreciates. Anyone own any unopened star wars figures from the '80s? Don't try and tell me that that wasn't a good investment -- even if it didn't cost you $200.

Argument rebuttal fail.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Right, except everything I've ever bought from hot toys has gone up in value $100 or more within weeks of receiving it. A tablet is a piece of technology and as such becomes obsolete within a twelve month period. A hot toys figure is a collectible, which can more closely be compared to a work art in the way it appreciates. Anyone own any unopened star wars figures from the '80s? Don't try and tell me that that wasn't a good investment -- even if it didn't cost you $200.

Argument rebuttal fail.

LOL are you being serious here? do you know the implications of a share of stock? when you buy a share of stock you OWN a part of the company. when you buy a figure, you DO NOT OWN a part of hot toys. you cannot seriously compare a figure to a share of stock dude. just admit you were wrong instead of trying to argue something just to argue. you said a figure was stock. don't go back on the internet and pretend you didn't say that.

When you spend $200 plus on something you're not buying a toy you're making an investment. $200 is several shares in Disney, a couple shares of Nike or, in this instance; one share in Hot Toys.

here you go in case you decide to change your tune

Argument rebuttal fail.

Unfortunately, unless you do this (investing in collectibles) for a living or have a big enough collection (at that point you probably would just be doing a business, and still not "investing" in the way your describing), this is hardly comparable to any means of "investment" imo. Having a vintage unopened figure from the 80's that is now worth more than retail 30 years ago is simply something vintage now rare and worth more.

Just my perspective as I deal with this financial stuff so its a little hard for me to agree that collecting Hot Toys is an "investment". Its at best a hobby that can self sustain assuming you have enough upfront cash and sense in buying a few figures that can be flipped or recover your cost over time, etc. Then again, how much of us here collect just so we can get more money? Even if you do the occasional flipping, this is a money sink and unless you intend to establish a cut off date you're not really investing as you would if you put the money into actual stocks. But then again, a few thousand dollars of stocks isn't going to make you rich suddenly either (in most cases).

Again - my opinion only, so no offense should be taken.

i think bane is bad ass from start to finish.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Bane was sadistic, brutal, unrelenting, and a genius. Im starting to be more comfortable with this figure. The only thing I want is more bulk, and better vest padding placement. If they fix that Ill be happy. :D

Spoiler Spoiler:

Who says he's
Spoiler Spoiler:
He coulda just got
Spoiler Spoiler:
:dunno

There was no indication that he did
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back