Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Give me a week or two... I am working on some additions that HT missed (2nd coat, courier vest with nametag, Motorcycle helmet) that will help justify the price on the figure that they SHOULD be making...

:clap:clap:clap

Give me a week or two... I am working on some additions that HT missed (2nd coat, courier vest with nametag, Motorcycle helmet) that will help justify the price on the figure that they SHOULD be making...

:horror:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Looking forward to it.

i think i made some improvements, its final battle bane though
Spoiler Spoiler:

Both jackets are cool but I prefer the one that HT picked.
Just needs to be heavily weathered.

I definitely think they should use a different body. If they are going for cinematic accuracy. I was happy to see that Nolan did indeed super size Tom Hardy's stature and I think the Bane figure should reflect that. Maybe a Barney Ross bod with slightly larger arms and extra long ankle pegs?

The height is fine - arms need to be bigger as does his entire upper torso and neck area

Found this image, I wish he could come in this outfit.
bane-batman-dark-knight-rises484.jpg

He does. See below:

I believe he comes with that outfit though I don't think you can have it worn underneath the vest.

251808_10150938808752344_2084976257_n.jpg

Don't see why you wouldn't be able to put the long-sleeve shirt under the vest. Why would they included it if you couldn't? :dunno

[Edit] Never mind. :lol

Oh snap you're right. Doesn't make sence if you couldn't wear it underneath the armor though! This figure just got better in my book.

You guys sure you can't remove the armor? Since he also appears without it in the film.

Can't imagine that the armor wont be removable.

I'm saying there's no such thing in art. Art is subjective. Not objective.

Ofcourse in factual things it's untrue. But stick within the subject, it was about acting. Which is an art form. Which is personal to everyone, hence the subjectivity. If somone says he likes something in art, or dislikes it, you can't say he's right, or wrong. All you can say is, I agree, or I disagree.

This obviously does not work the same with factual things, where things can be proven.

To prove my point: Someone could tell me Heath Ledger was terrific ( which I think he was ) and I could tell that person, I don't like it. Therefor, in my opinion, he wasn't terrific. And I would be right, but he would also be right. Art is subjective.

I strongly dislike Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker for example, for my own reasons. But I would NEVER say he did a bad job, because that's my opinion, and it's subjective. As is anyone else's. No matter how good you try to build up your point to say he would be good, I could just say, I disagree. And I would be right, just like you.

Anyway, I thought we had dropped this.

EDIT: oh, and objectivity lost in this forum? You've got to be kidding me. The disliking of the Mark VII is for example very objective, because it does not represent what it should. It's not the same, because it's not art.

The Michael Keaton Batman is a terrific figure, because it represents the source material VERY closely. But if you for example don't like the figure, because of the design of said source material, you would be subjective in your opinion about the design, but still would have to be objective about how well made the figure is.

Hope I made sense.

Perfect sense. :1-1:

Here's a slightly better version of the manip, touched up further by adam

8759e2e7gw1dv26xzz0jnj.jpg

That's a better manip. The delts were over-the-top before.

However, I don't think it's fair that everyone keeps talking about his size when only looking at the shot. It's the one angle that the biceps look thin.

Without the arms being at that exact angle they look pretty good to me:

165852_10150938808882344_1429177064_n.jpg

487242_10150938809082344_1879654393_n.jpg

578771_10150938810017344_283480462_n.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

That really sold the character to me!

:lecture Such a great line.

I definitely think they should use a different body. If they are going for cinematic accuracy. I was happy to see that Nolan did indeed super size Tom Hardy's stature and I think the Bane figure should reflect that. Maybe a Barney Ross bod with slightly larger arms and extra long ankle pegs?

i thought it was the barney ross body!?

The Barney Ross body has bigger forearms (possibly bigger biceps/shoulders too), and a wider torso. That body will be perfect for this figure IMO.

which body does it come with?

After a second viewing of the film, I still dislike the character. I'd take Judge Crane before Bane....

I think they used the thor Odin body with modified muscular arms.

Idk, the Odin body has the same torso as the Barney Ross body. This looks a bit slimmer than those but I could be wrong. I'm thinking the arms may be the same arms they're using for their new DX body since it's supposed to be less bulky than they're last one

After a second viewing of the film, I still dislike the character.

Define "dislike". He's not supposed to be likable. But I thought he was a damn fine villain.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back