Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as I recall you had just a few hours to pre-order the Ex. before it sold out, then several waitlists converted since then. Plus, I don't think many UK dealers are going to be getting exclusives, so I was assuming he wasn't procrastinating on the Ex. when it was available.

I know I am still on the waitlist for this from back in mid August, so I don't think there were a lot of conversions.

Does the UK even get the exclusives though? I've never been able to order an exclusive figure from an Australian supplier, they only ever have the regular versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I am still on the waitlist for this from back in mid August, so I don't think there were a lot of conversions.

Does the UK even get the exclusives though? I've never been able to order an exclusive figure from an Australian supplier, they only ever have the regular versions.

Good question. I don't really know, whenever I have ordered figs from the UK they never have the exclusive version of the fig.
I think the only way you can get the EX version is to order from Sideshow, which for me in the UK is out of the question because of shipping costs that Sideshow charges, or buy the Special version direct from Hong Kong.

Hi guys, sorry I was away from the PC when you started replying.

Yeah I'm not too bothered about the exclusive (as nice as it is) but most UK outlets have now sold out of pre-orders and it appears very few eBay sellers are listing it with UK as an option at a non-inflated price. I could always order from ToyHQ (as of posting).

Good question. I don't really know, whenever I have ordered figs from the UK they never have the exclusive version of the fig.
I think the only way you can get the EX version is to order from Sideshow, which for me in the UK is out of the question because of shipping costs that Sideshow charges, or buy the Special version direct from Hong Kong.

Yeah, it's a real annoyance for international buyers having to order through SSC.
I find many HK sellers either sell in US dollars as well, or they price the exclusives very high.

As for Marty, I'm not too fussed about the guitar. I don't think it's an accessory that is a must have for the figure, I doubt I would ever pose him with it. I think I will get the regular from a local supplier and probably save $50 or more.

A lot of HK sellers always sell the EX versions as they pick them up from Toy Hunters or similar. I never order Hot ToYs EX versions from SSC too expensive and slow.

marty-mcfly-favim.com-370159.gif

Uhhhh the ex GUITAR is one of the greastest ex accessories ever done by HT- see what you got with Starlord? :lol
Marty with his guitar? ICONIC

The EX will sell for big big bucks- just watch...

StarLord had the Orb - the entire plot line lol the film was finding the Orb.

Marty barely uses the guitar at all in BTTF.

Uhhhh the ex GUITAR is one of the greastest ex accessories ever done by HT- see what you got with Starlord? :lol
Marty with his guitar? ICONIC

The EX will sell for big big bucks- just watch...

And the guitar they're giving us is the least iconic one he uses in the film.
Yeah, that's the concern lots of folks had. Ex may be popular just because this figure is so popular, but I don't think it will be due to the specific accessory choice. If it were the yellow guitar (which it should have been), then sure. But who knows? Maybe HT will surprise us, and give us the one folks want. We never actually saw the sculpted Ex. accessory.

Ah for **** sake still nothing?

I've been ignoring this thread for months, suddenly I see the figure is gonna be coming out and now I can't get enough. C'monnnnnnnnnn!

Back