Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with you guys, but on second thought I cannot really imagine any other 80s character that would fit next to Marty (besides Doc of course). :dunno
I don't know. I've had my custom Marty on an '80s shelf for the longest time, and it works for me. Currently it has Marty, Slimer, the Terminator 1 police shootout Terminator, and Beat It Michael Jackson. Will soon add Teen Wolf to the mix, and later on may add Axel Foley!

I don't know. I've had my custom Marty on an '80s shelf for the longest time, and it works for me. Currently it has Marty, Slimer, the Terminator 1 police shootout Terminator, and Beat It Michael Jackson. Will soon add Teen Wolf to the mix, and later on may add Axel Foley!

Thats the way to do it! Mine will join the likes of the Ghostbusters and Teen Wolf. A perfect 80s super group.

The hype begins anew. We'll be a couple of Iron Mans in and someone will say they found out that Marty is next, pics to come the following night - aaaaaannnd, nope! Another one of the Iron Men!

The hype begins anew. We'll be a couple of Iron Mans in and someone will say they found out that Marty is next, pics to come the following night - aaaaaannnd, nope! Another one of the Iron Men!
Howard be like. . .

Oam8g2c.jpg

They've done a good job with the scale of Marty. Looks in good proportions compared to Cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For some reason, the proto has some pretty pronounced creases under the eyes.

martyproto.jpg

It should look more like this.

marty-mcfly-in-back-to-the.jpg

Of course it's not a dealbreaker, but it seems like HT put them there just because it could. Not to mention all of that rough texturing in the face.

Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F...

If they do the skin too smooth, it just ends up looking like a doll. Fox might not have had too many visible wrinkles at that time, but makeup, filtering and lighting may have played a part in hiding them on screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think we have anything to worry about with excessive 'texture' on the proto - pretty sure that almost always reduces on the final product.

I was hoping they might tweak the likeness too. It's pretty good but something is slightly off.
I kept seeing someone else and I finally realised who it was.
Jeremy London.
I think it's the eyes.

Back