Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno every now and then HT do an 80s figure like commando, marty mcfly, terminator. I know they are old films but still very much classics and the some of the best filmmaking in their genre. They still hold up today hence the reason figures and memorabilia from them is still so popular and the movies still play on tv quite often. I actually don't mind if HT crank out the iron man figures just so long as they give us some 80's classics at the same time. At the moment we're seeing completely nothing in the 80's/90s franchises from HT. I want something to look forward to not sitting on my a(( watching constant updates of iron man armour being released. I mean what happened to the ripley, batman returns figures?

I just think for people who love Robocop, terminator, aliens, Rambo, ghostbusters, die hard etc It would just be amazing to see all the lines done.

I'll be surprised if there's any updates on Ripley any time soon, a lot of good things shown off last year but no progress (visibly) since. We've not seen final photos of Marty (production figures) and Ripley has once again dropped off the radar. I understand the whole "follow the money" business plan and will be grateful when Marty is released but man, the Marvel craze is absolutely nuts.

Looks like another of those Iron Man things has been released. 2 down....
whIsHbc.gif

So, who what do you guys think is next? My money is on Groot and Rocket.

He's German.

And your point is? :lol

I am too, in my blood anyway. :lol

Don't see how I was "hating" with that comment. :huh I wasn't even stating anything negative about collectors. I look at the Marvel section and honestly don't see how those guys do it. It's astonishing. Unless they're bluffing about ordering it all, getting all that, while an impressive feat, has got to be exhausting. There were 5 more figures shown just today!

Sorry if it came along rude. Wasnt my intention. I have just realized that you seem to be tired of all these repetive IM and Joker figures and wondered why. Seriously, I am not one of those guys who is arguing woth another one just because he prefers one Barbie over the other. :lol :duff

Sorry if it came along rude. Wasnt my intention. I have just realized that you seem to be tired of all these repetive IM and Joker figures and wondered why. Seriously, I am not one of those guys who is arguing woth another one just because he prefers one Barbie over the other. :lol :duff

No worries, we're good. I am tired of the Marvel and Iron Man stuff though.

Speaking of Barbie, I'm surprised they haven't made an armored Pepper Potts yet. Seems like a no brainer for them and another way to get that damn Mark 42 out to the public.

I think Captain America should be next. Those fans haven't had anything in a few weeks.

Is that sarcasm I sense? I'll have you know those Captain Americas are helping fund your Terminator habits mister. Three versions of Captain America in 4 months will help funnel profit for a Terminator figure for every two years. You should be grateful.

What I want to know is who the **** was buying all those earlier MMS releases? All those Terminators, Predators and Aliens. Because apparently it was enough to not bury Hot Toys and enough to get us where we are today where apparently we're supposed to thank Marvel that we got anything from those licences at all. :dunno Cart before the horse stuff going on here.
My guess is those figures were doing well enough to make a profit for Hot Toys but that the superhero stuff brought them to a higher level. I mean obviously they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have if they weren't doing well at all but I think the influx of Iron Man/Marvel and the Nolan Batman stuff helped them a bunch.

My guess is those figures were doing well enough to make a profit for Hot Toys but that the superhero stuff brought them to a higher level. I mean obviously they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have if they weren't doing well at all but I think the influx of Iron Man/Marvel and the Nolan Batman stuff helped them a bunch.

This is clearly the case. I merely object to the idea that fans of.....literally anything else should be thanking Iron Man that their preferences ever get addressed at all, because otherwise how do you explain all those figures that came before the first Iron Man. What funded those figures? Why did Hot Toys make them? Sorry but Iron Man as a really popular entity has only been around since 2008. Fact. I'm sure their sales help now but HT couldn't always rely on that. What did it rely on before? Oh yeah, Predators, Terminators, Aliens, Pirates of the Caribbean, Robocop. It's right there in the MMS list. You're welcome Iron Man :huh

Last edited:
Is that sarcasm I sense? I'll have you know those Captain Americas are helping fund your Terminator habits mister. Three versions of Captain America in 4 months will help funnel profit for a Terminator figure for every two years. You should be grateful.

Just joking with ya, man. It was a riff on the "write solwly" in your location. :lol :duff

:rotfl @ dev and Fabs. Like an old couple, you two are. :duff

Frankly, no. I think in 2-3 years we'll be remembering Hot Toys' huge fail in not completing this license with just the one - one - figure it would have taken to do so. I base this prediction on HT Watchmen, HT Platoon, HT Avatar, HT Prometheus, HT X-men First Class, HT Batman Returns, HT 1:4 scale Police Shootout T-800 and Diecast 1:6 Endoskeleton, and probably more. They have demonstrated that they will happily make announcements that amount to absolutely zero. Nothing is guaranteed except whatever character in Iron Man or Avengers.

Last edited:
Back