Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The term gets used too much but that is my actual grail.

Reeve Clark Kent could be achieved with a simple, cough, recast, cough and some slight tweaks to the hair and expression, no?

So if I read these last couple of pages right then I should just give up hopes now of a Jules and Verne 2 pack.

Wait, what? I was staring at your sig. :monkey3

MLuqt2j.gif

Such a great, subtle little moment.

With Marty, I hope they sell a ton. I have an order in with the Exclusive but was reluctant because I never felt like Back to the Future was toyetic other than some scale model cars. This drought in collectibles from films that are 20+ years old is ****ing terrible though (only interested in BD Robo/Murph), so I want to support these lines. Love Back to the Future, so that helps. I just want to see more of these classic characters, that's why I got into Hot Toys in the first place.

I've had the same doubts as I think we talked about before. I'm also still concerned about the possible implications in me buying into this line, that it could make other things now seem ''imperative'' that weren't before - however :lol Hot Toys will make sure that isn't too much of a problem as they continue to focus most of their attention on Marvel.

Reeve looked big there and yet he probably could have gone bigger again if they had had the same bulk requirements that they have today for Superheroes (apart from Wonder Woman evidently)

A Clark Kent/Superman would have been an ideal value pack for something that would be deemed risky. That's what I love the Alex Murphy figure. On it's own, that figure would probably be a dud. With BD Robocop though? That's a great idea. Then again, seeing how much the Robocop and Robocop w/ chair is getting marked down/not selling, maybe that set will be a dud anyway.

I would have done a Marty and Doc two-pack right out of the gate personally. Just imagine that, it would have been perfect. They did it with Scarcrow, Bruce Banner, Alfred, John Blake and Murphy, why not Doc? Want some variety with 2.0's? How about some Keaton/Nicholson or Keaton/Penguin, Keaton/Catwoman two packs with different variant looks? Terminator/Kyle Reese and/or Uncle Bob/John Connor just like they did Rocket and Groot and Han Solo and Chewie.

There's a ****load of untapped 2-pack potential. Uncle Bob and John Connor would be a fantastic way of getting a 3.0 clean T2 sculpt out there while also completing the cast and 'story' of the movie with young John Connor. But no.

Subtle little, what?? Oh sorry, I was still staring at Mike's sig...:monkey3

Mike's sig? Oh yeah, the thing I've been staring at.

There's a ****load of untapped 2-pack potential. Uncle Bob and John Connor would be a fantastic way of getting a 3.0 clean T2 sculpt out there while also completing the cast and 'story' of the movie with young John Connor. But no.

As someone who doesn't yet own a clean T2 Arnie, yes, Sweet Baby Jesus, sign me up.

Back