Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of good members have left here. I'm actually starting to understand why. And the new "code of conduct" rules seem like a "don't ***** about sideshow" rule more than anything else. It was a real mistake IMO. Last thing you want on a toy forum is censored opinion, it's only a toy forum after all, there are more important things in the world worth fighting for.
I might be biased because of my role, but I don't see it that way. There are always going to be complaints both ways--some want more restrictions on what is allowed for the purpose of making the forum more pleasant, some want less because they don't want to be censored--but for many, including artists and company reps (particularly from Sideshow) the forum was getting too unpleasant to be worth visiting. I don't know if you've noticed, but SSC's reps post far less frequently here than they did a few years ago, which really kind of sucks, because we don't get to hear about why decisions are made, what may be coming in the pipeline, we don't have many board-exclusive contests, etc. And apparently the fact that people will just beat a dead horse until it's pulp, or will post things without tact or consideration for others has contributed to that.

It's never going to be perfect, but if you saw the initial discussion on Green Lantern when one of SSC's reps came by recently, it went way further than it should have. Censorship of opinion isn't the goal, but sometimes that could be collateral damage if folks aren't able to state their opinions in a more reasonable way. And of course, the rule isn't really new, just a renewed emphasis on a rule that hadn't been very strongly enforced.

Not really trying to stoke a debate here or anything, but as you say, this is a toy forum where folks come to, presumably, relax and talk about things of relatively little consequence. That suggests to me that making this a more pleasant place where people feel more comfortable is a good idea, though of course, some level of conflict is inevitable when you are allowing, even encouraging the discussion of divergent viewpoints.

Einstein should come with Doc period if you ask me. It would be lame if Hot Toys offered him as an exclusive only. Must haves for Doc to me are Einstein, the box of plutonium, and the remote control for the DeLorean. Maybe throw in the gun or something as an exclusive.

:exactly: I agree, Doc definitely needs to come with those accessories.

I dunno the way ht is going lately concentrating on marvel alone it would seem like a doc figure is merely a pipedream.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Doc in a more limited fashion, after seeing how Marty sells. I can't imagine too many people just sticking with Marty and passing on Doc if it were available, so at least there'd be a measuring stick on how well it'd sell. I've seen some comparisons to them making Tonto and not the Lone Ranger, but let's not ignore the fact that it was more about making another Johnny Depp figure than anything. Just my two cents.

Personal taste. I liked OMG's style of photography a lot.

We all have our tastes of course. But I get the sense OMG left because people were feeling the need to come out and say ''Jingbell's pics are much better''. I think a bit of appreciation for his efforts was due, a bit of tact. (I wasn't accusing you by the way, nor do I have names in mind because I didn't make note of them)

Just purchased Marty Mcfly (Normal Version) for $275.00 shipped.

Shipping this Monday! :)

Congrats,
You don't really need the Exclusive version, I doubt I will ever display Marty with his guitar, will probably go for a skateboarding pose and when I get the DeLorean I will recreate the poster pose.

images

Thanks Shells!

Agree, the guitar is nice but not something that I would use to display with Marty.

I really dig this pose:
hot-toys-marty-mcfly-collectible-figure-02-570x814.jpg

Thanks Shells!

Agree, the guitar is nice but not something that I would use to display with Marty.

I really dig this pose:
hot-toys-marty-mcfly-collectible-figure-02-570x814.jpg
Me, too. It's such a natural pose, goes with the expression, and demonstrates some of the real advantages this figure may have over previous customs, if the clothing is thin enough to allow this pose to look really loose and natural.

Maaan wish i didn't have so many pre orders coming in!......oooor wish i had more money! 1/6 Danny chung custom Doc Brown is on ebay. Ebay #181715313090

Mine should be here Tuesday. Hope to get a video review up soon. There aren't any videos of this yet apart from Anthonys one at secret Base.

Looking forward to seeing this in peoples hands this week (maybe), wish mine would be but meh. I shall wait. :impatient: haha.

Back