Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stealth, fantastic pictures of the figure! You really captured the likeness better than the blogger photos. Those had me thinking of cancelling my preorder with Sideshow, and now your pictures have me rethinking that. Just when I think I'm out.... :lol

Stealth, fantastic pictures of the figure! You really captured the likeness better than the blogger photos. Those had me thinking of cancelling my preorder with Sideshow, and now your pictures have me rethinking that. Just when I think I'm out.... :lol

The only thing stopping me from going the HK route with this guy is the fact that the AoU figures are coming out fast in the HK already. So I can wait for Marty from SS next month

But man tough choice I have to make :slap

Thanks! I'm very curious how these water decals work. I'd hate to ruin the stuff applying the decals.

Thats just thin sticker, you will not ruin anything if put it correctly. Just dip those sticker to water, leave it soaked a bit, put a sticker. I recommended you put a finish clear paint over sticker after its dry. Its to protect sticker and done

Thats just thin sticker, you will not ruin anything if put it correctly. Just dip those sticker to water, leave it soaked a bit, put a sticker. I recommended you put a finish clear paint over sticker after its dry. Its to protect sticker and done

Anybody know if the decals match the red on the shoe?

Okay good.. I don't have much experience with models so I wasn't sure. Haha

Many thanks dude glad you like the shots :duff

Great pics Stealth!

I just turned on the "Back to The Future" overture in iTunes and opened this baby up.
I ****ing can't believe I have an amazing 1/6th scale McFly on my desk!

:rock

First reactions, fantastic.

needs a bit of futzing, mine looked pretty bulky out of the box.
I added the Nike swoops. But the shoes are great even without them.

The body is strange, be careful with the shoulders, mine were very tight and bent back, so I carefully worked them correctly. They could break if you don't break them in, like Spiderman.

Love it.

Not futzed, just stuck some swoops on. This figure rocks straight out of the box. I'd give it a solid 8/10 (2 points of for the change in hair sculpt).

2_zpsc9ueqfzu.jpg
1_zpsqra1jpxk.jpg
3_zpsvuxgtkqf.jpg

Great pics Stealth!

I just turned on the "Back to The Future" overture in iTunes and opened this baby up.
I ****ing can't believe I have an amazing 1/6th scale McFly on my desk!

:rock

Yeah He's fantastic, one of my favourites now, my decals are at home, can't wait get them added. And glad you like the pics dude :duff

Not futzed, just stuck some swoops on. This figure rocks straight out of the box. I'd give it a solid 8/10 (2 points of for the change in hair sculpt).

2_zpsc9ueqfzu.jpg
1_zpsqra1jpxk.jpg
3_zpsvuxgtkqf.jpg

Figure looks great Rory! You just inspired me to scavenge eBay for one of those license plates, I meant to buy one years ago. Did you do the Nike decal yourself or is it from a kit? Either way nicely done, sideshow shipment can't come soon enough!

Figure looks great Rory! You just inspired me to scavenge eBay for one of those license plates, I meant to buy one years ago. Did you do the Nike decal yourself or is it from a kit? Either way nicely done, sideshow shipment can't come soon enough!

The metal license plate and the lenticular 3D photo came from the Blu-ray box set. They are pretty cool, especially the lenticular with disappearing family.
The swoop was from here (see SW's post above), a decal. It was trickier to put on then i thought actually, had to varnish it in place. :lol

Back