Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even thinking about a "BD" Marty makes me laugh, because that's how HT would market the thing... :rotfl

Thats why I made the joke, they are like the modern day Kenner, making like a underwater batman or a bunch of batmen that were never in batman returns, even releasing a robin that was never in the film! Anyone remember those old Kenner Batman returns figs?
robin4_zpsc4887636.jpg

Only 25 pieces? No. I don't love that at all.

Edit: Oops. Just noticed this is a custom run. Cool beanies. Carry on. :wink1:

Can't wait to see what you cook up, Fan! :clap

Holy **** man, its really nice of you to dedicate the time for this but, just way out of my price range. Good luck to all of those that do get one though should be great on Marty.

Thanks fellas! If I see the chance to lower the price I'll do so, but if I work out to the level of details as I want to it'll be very very time intensive, that's the thing about custom work, no mass production methods, therefore more unique, rare ... and sadly expensive, that's true.
If you like stay tuned in any case and follow the thread, would be cool if we get enough people together to make this happen. :hi5:

Thanks fellas! If I see the chance to lower the price I'll do so, but if I work out to the level of details as I want to it'll be very very time intensive, that's the thing about custom work, no mass production methods, therefore more unique, rare ... and sadly expensive, that's true.
If you like stay tuned in any case and follow the thread, would be cool if we get enough people together to make this happen. :hi5:

No way dude don't let someone like me dictate what you should charge, what do I know I've never made something like this or have the talent to do so, I imagine that they are prob. like mini functional guitars. But they are like tiny pieces of art and you really shouldn't let someone else dictate your price, if people like me can't afford it then I wont buy it, but doesn't mean someone that can should not appreciate the skill it takes to have a rare piece. Its how customs are so please you shouldn't feel guilty? or Bad for your price. Its like a mechanic they will charge what they think for their time and effort to fix your car, something involving artistic skills that others don't can decide what price to charge.

No way dude don't let someone like me dictate what you should charge, what do I know I've never made something like this or have the talent to do so, I imagine that they are prob. like mini functional guitars. But they are like tiny pieces of art and you really shouldn't let someone else dictate your price, if people like me can't afford it then I wont buy it, but doesn't mean someone that can should not appreciate the skill it takes to have a rare piece. Its how customs are so please you shouldn't feel guilty? or Bad for your price. Its like a mechanic they will charge what they think for their time and effort to fix your car, something involving artistic skills that others don't can decide what price to charge.

One of the smartest posts I ever got to read here! :duff

It's really still surprising how some react when they get quotes by custom artists here when they want to commission them with complex things. Thinking about work, time, skills, passion and rareness behind it really is the key.

Last edited:
Hard to believe that HT limited themselves to a small run for a change.

I definitely think a 2nd version of Marty is in the wings, especially since they are not going to cover their costs on just this one figure.

Future -- well, few-months-from-now Marty (2015) is my guess.

I wouldn't be shocked if they've got planned 3 Martys, one from each film and 3 Docs, again one from each. Past that I think it really depends on the line. I think we'll get three DeLoreans too. I mean look at the Tumblr and how many times that came out.

I wouldn't be shocked if they've got planned 3 Martys, one from each film and 3 Docs, again one from each. Past that I think it really depends on the line. I think we'll get three DeLoreans too. I mean look at the Tumblr and how many times that came out.

Took me awhile to read your post, i keep getting distracted :lol

I think 3 Deloreans would be overkill. Not many people have the room or money for that many.

Took me awhile to read your post, i keep getting distracted :lol

I think 3 Deloreans would be overkill. Not many people have the room or money for that many.

Is there anyone that has the room for the tumblrs? I think I saw a picture of someone with a tumbler the 89 batmobile and the batcycle :horror I love the Delorean from the first movie but the second one with a flying feature might persuade me :panic:

It's really still surprising how some react when they get quotes by custom artists here when they want to commission them with complex things. Thinking about work, time, skills, passion and rareness behind it really is the key.

Tell me about it.
I quoted a guy a price for doing a laser vision Superman headsculpt and he went ballistic on me, claiming the price was ludicrous because the head was $30 and the LEDs were pennies so i should have done the job for $5 worth of labour...
You get some crazies out there, lol.

Tell me about it.
I quoted a guy a price for doing a laser vision Superman headsculpt and he went ballistic on me, claiming the price was ludicrous because the head was $30 and the LEDs were pennies so i should have done the job for $5 worth of labour...
You get some crazies out there, lol.

Do you have a brother that did a youtube video about your mods? Thats cool if so it was done on a MOS? They were 2 mods one with a battery sticking out of the back and another without kinda like the Terminators? Also said brother did a costume mod in the same video?

Do you have a brother that did a youtube video about your mods? Thats cool if so it was done on a MOS? They were 2 mods one with a battery sticking out of the back and another without kinda like the Terminators? Also said brother did a costume mod in the same video?

Yes.
I do the mods, and my Brother Stewart does reviews.
The one with the battery pack sticking out the back is far easier to service, due to the battery being accessible.
The other one required a donor HT IM helmeted head lighting system, and needed the whole thing taken apart each time you needed to replace the batteries due to the batteries being internal.

3F3717E7-A7C3-4CBC-B439-2415B24627A9_1.jpg

345DF183-1A88-4616-AD0F-BC5F9348DF37.jpg

DC238DDB-17B1-4442-AC63-26716D3B2DF0.jpg

Last edited:
Back