1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

well the dream getting drax died at SDCC, oh well

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Well I still have hope it will show up down the line. We've known it to happen in the past that a figure will just disappear off the radar, only to show up out of the blue for preorder. I'm hoping that is the case with Drax and also for the Ripley figures that also didn't return to SDCC this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But as I said...from what I lnow(up to you if you believe me) the figure is just delayed becuase of production issues which essentially set the figure over last summer/fall. If you know it takes 12-18 months to go from start to finish on a proto you can do the math.

Source?

I want to believe you. Truly. But a lot of this "he said, she said" type of information is not enough for me to keep hope. I can't understand how a great toy company like Hot Toys can't display one prototype at an event. One. They've even gone out of their way to remove Drax from all ads and displays. It just doesn't add up.

I'm afraid we will not be seeing Drax. Not until Guardians 2, at least.

attachment.php

All of that intricate scarring and painted tattoo work make Drax a very tricky/risky proposition for HT. Especially for a character who's the third most popular Guardians character, at best.

I hope he gets made for the sake of everyone who wants him, but it's not looking too good ATM.

Think I'm gonna give up hope on this figure.
Only one way to get him now and that is to steal the prototype haha

Never! Don't stop believing...

Hopes all gone now…… hottoys just announced four convention exclusives and Drax is not there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arent exclusive always alternate versions of characters that are already out? When has an exclusive been the first figure of any character?

Arent exclusive always alternate versions of characters that are already out? When has an exclusive been the first figure of any character?

Maria hill? The girl in pirates of the Caribbean?

Yeah but they wouldn't waste a character as complicated and custom as Drax on a limited exclusive. Exclusives are repaints or more simple figures that require less extensive production, just a head sculpt and basic clothing.

7dfab6601bab988f2e05e8d1152d0fb9.jpg

The fact Star-Lord has his helmet on makes me think the picture was taken before the Chris Pratt sculpt was finalized. Usually the display the Pratt sculpt at Cons.

Damn, looking back I'd take that horrible Drax over none :lol #anydraxwilldo

That's from the show last fall.

Damn, looking back I'd take that horrible Drax over none :lol #anydraxwilldo

It's actually not that horrible.... Pretty decent all the details and stuff #anydraxwilldo

Back