1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I mentioned that. As one that can still be made in the future as a toyfair exclusive or something. They just released batman.

I can see that happening and yes Bats turned out amazing :clap
I'd like to see Harley and so many others from Arkham City :panic: But I doubt that will happen.....

Anyway Drax thread :lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I can see that happening and yes Bats turned out amazing :clap
I'd like to see Harley and so many others from Arkham City :panic: But I doubt that will happen.....

Anyway Drax thread :lol

Toy soul...December 18. Should see an actual production edition of Drax. They wanted to run a small test batch before putting him up for PO to make sure approvals came thru. I heard there may be at least one other new goth figure along with Drax.

Ronan or Nebula :pray:

Ronan actually :lecture then Nebula :lol

I wouldn't mind picking up Ronan honestly, he's dead so no chance of another figure :lol

I wouldn't mind picking up Ronan honestly, he's dead so no chance of another figure :lol

:exactly: Plus I think he would make a really great figure
image.jpg

it def fooled me. especially since ronan is my most wanted figure for HT to make

i was REALLY upset at first when i was fooled, then i could laugh at it 5 mins later :p

We got avengers 1 before batman returns too. And a bttf Marty AFTER the date he went to the future. Things happen. DRax had to be reworked. That takes time. Instant gratification and short memory seems to be a growing trend these days

Has the reworking really needed six months though? It surely can't take that long to tweak a prototype. I still don't get the wait time.

So instead of a Drax announcement tonight,we got a War Machine Diecast one?
Another damn Iron Man figure?
With the hokey diecast gimmick!
WTF Hot Toys?

WTF Hot Toys?

In their defense, HTs has teased going back and doing Diecast on other IM waaaay before they announced the GotG line

WTF Hot Toys?

No no no serious business :lol
I mean literally :lecture

Has the reworking really needed six months though? It surely can't take that long to tweak a prototype. I still don't get the wait time.

It takes 12-18 months. For every figure. So yes.

Some people on the OSR Facebook page are saying that Batista himself is the reason for the delay.
He hasn't approved the likeness.
How they know this is beyond me.

It sucks but we prob wont see drax till guardians 2. The hype for the movie is gone, forgotten, poof. Its all iron man and star wars now. Its obvious what the priorities are. Look at how fast these star wars figures are coming out. New movie. The irons hot. Guardians, ice cold.

It sucks but we prob wont see drax till guardians 2. The hype for the movie is gone, forgotten, poof. Its all iron man and star wars now. Its obvious what the priorities are. Look at how fast these star wars figures are coming out. New movie. The irons hot. Guardians, ice cold.

Inclined to agree unfortunately, shame about the potential wait but hey ho! :( At least it will be a figure to look forward to!

Some people on the OSR Facebook page are saying that Batista himself is the reason for the delay.
He hasn't approved the likeness.
How they know this is beyond me.

Complete crap. Totally made up nonsense based on old rumors. Same as the Vince McMahon owns his likeness rights bs.

Toy soul...December 18. Should see an actual production edition of Drax. They wanted to run a small test batch before putting him up for PO to make sure approvals came thru. I heard there may be at least one other new goth figure along with Drax.

Would be awesome to see another figure, preferable Ronan, in addition to a final version of Drax. I hope you are right.

Well I sure as hell hope this is true

Heheh... while I'm inclined to agree with you on the instant gratification comment (and that trend is only going to get more prominent and more horrible unfortunately), I'm not sure that waiting for months and months qualifies as instant gratification. Just my two cents. :wink1:

Your right, it's not. But this has been going on since the day it arrived at toy soul, and then the redone one later. People act like these take two days to make. It takes at least a year on average to make a figure. For the easy reused stuff. Drax requires not just a new head sculpt, and new clothing, but also an entirely new body(or at least redesigned). That means the normal 12 month window is bumped up to 12-18. That's without having to make everything else. Once a figure misses its production slate, or window, whatever u want to call it...then it could be 3-6 months. That gets added to that window. That's if the likeness approvals do not take extra time. Or there are not significant engineering issues to work out.

All I'm saying is getting a figure at or before a movie releases used to NEVER happen. Now everyone complains when it doesnt(then complain when there's to many figures). Just becuase an iron man figure was announced does not mean anything about this(a film much older then gotg, btw). They have made two seperate and unique prototypes that we know of. They would not do that unless they really wanted to release it. They would have just scrapped it after the first one didn't work.

Back