Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went regular edition because I wanted to use my reward points. Will be getting this for around $180. It's the only way it was affordable for me.

FB_IMG_1442945696572.jpg

FB_IMG_1442946203233.jpg

FB_IMG_1442946210614.jpg

I dunno- looks kinds cheap and Hasbro-like to me...at least in the videos..hmmmm

JK

looks very nice- the base just reminds me of that awful awful scene in ROTJ THOUGH

HT's figure does look more like a real guy than Sideshow's offering IMO.
I think the leg area, thighs look more realistic on the sideshow since they're able to fill them out better (without worrying about the hip joints). And I like how the pockets look with the legs in that position on the Sideshow. Same issue i had with Bespin Luke, thought the pockets on the thighs were too close to the center. If I collected this scale though, I'd probably go for the HT to be able to change up the poses. Chest armor looks too small on the SS one.

Not that I don't appreciate the reviews and the effort reviewers put in them but...has any review ever been like on the opposite scale of just being totally underwhelmed by something from SS or HT? Most reviews is always epic, the best, favorite figure, awesome etc, does touch on some downsides but overall always ends with like...awesome figure or something.

Just curious that is all. Because if there isn't, there might be a nice niche for me to do my own reviews :yess: Planning to do reviews with less of a fan boy tone and give a proper look at downside and upsides and won't be afraid to slap a bad review on something.

People just get excited. People love the characters and the source material. Everyone except clipperking ha.

I think both the PF and the HT look damn great. Cant go wrong with either.

Not that I don't appreciate the reviews and the effort reviewers put in them but...has any review ever been like on the opposite scale of just being totally underwhelmed by something from SS or HT? Most reviews is always epic, the best, favorite figure, awesome etc, does touch on some downsides but overall always ends with like...awesome figure or something.

Just curious that is all. Because if there isn't, there might be a nice niche for me to do my own reviews :yess: Planning to do reviews with less of a fan boy tone and give a proper look at downside and upsides and won't be afraid to slap a bad review on something.

I'm not certain I'd buy a figure I didn't like for a review. :lol

I expect most reviews to be fluff since the reviewer decided before purchasing they liked the figure. Better known reviewers may be more honest because they have other means to acquire a fig then purchasing for their collection. I take reviews with a grain of salt and I,watch them for the visual depth they bring to a fig versus pics.

Better known reviewers may be more honest because they have other means to acquire a fig then purchasing for their collection.

I'm of the opposite opinion. It seems to me that the reviewers that get their figures for free almost always say their figures are must haves. Really, not one bad figure in the lot? To me statically that seems impossible. I'll give you an example, and not to pick on him but I watch a lot of his reviews, a year ago Pixel Dan did a review of the TMNT Movie April O'Neil. Now I saw this figure at TRU and it was pretty bad. Dan's review can be broken down like this, poor likeness, poor articulation, hands unable to hold accessories, out of scale with the Turtle figures, Dan's recommendation: a must buy. Like you said, take it with a grain of salt.

I'm having a hard time deciding here. Getting 1/6 Fett without a doubt. Do i get 1/4 too? My whole collection is 1/6 so he will look out of place but on the other hand he's Boba F'ing Fett!

I'm having a hard time deciding here. Getting 1/6 Fett without a doubt. Do i get 1/4 too? My whole collection is 1/6 so he will look out of place but on the other hand he's Boba F'ing Fett!

save your money and keep the scale imo.

Back