1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The logo is 100% covered by tape of some sort, gaffer's seems the most educated guess as you can see some slight white outlining on the image to the left, much like actual gaffer's tape (and would be available on set).

If the logo was sanded down the area wouldn't be even and yet raised if that makes sense. I've attached pictures of an actual nemrod holster that hangs from my 1:1 build, gaffer's tape has been cut to only cover the area of the logo/triangle, and snaps have been painted black:

Also the accurate way the holster should hang and the gaffer tape is lifting but has since been fixed. (ignore the fake web, it's all decorated for Halloween!):

Oh, okay - cool. Great pics.:clap

So that does technically make what HT did - so beautifully - inaccurate. I mean in replicating the Nemrod logo, when onscreen it's just a black rounded triangle, not an actual logo.

I'm also confused on HT's inclusion of the hex heads as snaps. While the Bespin Guard has a slightly different Nemrod (there seem to be at least 2 slightly different types of holster from that era) all the snaps seemed to be the way I matched (I also tried to make it rough where the sheath was cut away in the area of the covered logo) either with snaps painted black as you did, or exposed as the guards had:

9NwTBlK.jpg

I don't recall seeing hex heads in any ref pics for Fett's holster, but I guess it's possible.

All this aside, it's really cool to finally see an accurate Fett pistol/holster in 1/6.

Some quick snaps:

ThSq9p6.jpg

ATmAPgw.jpg

HT ESB has Sideshow gauntlets.

Sideshow is version 1.0 with version 2.0 vest, collar, front and back armour, plus the HT Pre-Production parts. To get the HT helmet to fit the SS I removed the rubber plug from inside the helmet, then padded the neck joint with white tack.

9fJ90ZV.jpg

While I have several 1:6 Fetts, my Deluxe will be rocking the pre-production look. Can't wait!

They are, but to me it kinda highlights how the HT helmet and chest armor are a bit too green. I can post some HT/SSC side-by-sides tomorrow.

It's amazing that the reddish-brown sash seems to be off in every release of Fett - I have the HT ROTJ, the HT ESB and the SSC ESB and none of them really gets the color right (though the SSC seems closest, even if the material used feels the cheapest.)

Here’s a side-by-side picture I haven’t posted yet of the two HT Fett’s:

276716da7212289b488dbbd48212dbdb.jpg

Oh, okay - cool. Great pics.:clap

So that does technically make what HT did - so beautifully - inaccurate. I mean in replicating the Nemrod logo, when onscreen it's just a black rounded triangle, not an actual logo.

I'm also confused on HT's inclusion of the hex heads as snaps. While the Bespin Guard has a slightly different Nemrod (there seem to be at least 2 slightly different types of holster from that era) all the snaps seemed to be the way I matched (I also tried to make it rough where the sheath was cut away in the area of the covered logo) either with snaps painted black as you did, or exposed as the guards had:

I don't recall seeing hex heads in any ref pics for Fett's holster, but I guess it's possible.

All this aside, it's really cool to finally see an accurate Fett pistol/holster in 1/6.

The Bepsin Guard's holster would be more accurate for Fett if you cut the clips where the knife went, it needs to be smooth. The Hex snaps are inaccurate and should be painted black as well.

Having both SS V1 and HT ESB Fett in my display cases for over two weeks, I feel the SS captured the essence of the colours better that the HT. HT is a much better figure but SS seems to have captured the “matte” colour contrasts between the greens, greys, red etc to capture the Cloud City Fett we know. You could argue that HT captured the true Fett colours under behind the scenes natural lighting, but SS captured what we all have seen onscreen for over 30 years.

Having both SS V1 and HT ESB Fett in my display cases for over two weeks, I feel the SS captured the essence of the colours better that the HT. HT is a much better figure but SS seems to have captured the “matte” colour contrasts between the greens, greys, red etc to capture the Cloud City Fett we know. You could argue that HT captured the true Fett colours under behind the scenes natural lighting, but SS captured what we all have seen onscreen for over 30 years.
ea3e21dbb3a39096ff9e8f2236ebfae2.jpg

97315be0007712cb80482ae74784d23a.jpg

1b0f0bfea66faa99be2d1525ebf083a4.jpg

I totally agree with the colour scheme on SS seeming more ESB.

To be honest I just wanted the 2 figures (PrePro and ESB on SS body) to look distinctive enough. I really prefer the Pre Pro on the HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something about using the SS right gauntlet just doesn't sit right with me. Not sure if its the drab color, or the small size compared to the left HT gauntlet. I'm just not sure it works better.

Something about using the SS right gauntlet just doesn't sit right with me. Not sure if its the drab color, or the small size compared to the left HT gauntlet. I'm just not sure it works better.

If you are going to use one gauntlet you should keep consistent and use the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back