1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading home to open my DX.:yess:

So ours both shipped from PC on the same day and yours has arrived while Australia Post is telling me next Tuesday. Australia Post is the worst mail carrier in the world. Massively overpriced and slower to send something from one city to the next than to the other side of the world. :mad:

A very nice figure. I have a about a day of futzing and changing out parts ahead of me on this figure, but don't have that time today. These pics are straight out of the box, with the Sideshow V1 gauntlets and backpack.

Not sure what to do yet on the gauntlets. The Sideshow ones feel a bit small. The length difference on left forearm one is really noticeable. The color is better but not sure it works as well next to the HT chest armor.

There's quite a few parts where I think Sideshow parts are superior - cape and backpack (the HT one is kind of unusable) Haven't had a close look at the rifle yet, but not sure on the HT stock shape.

The one major bit of good news is that helmet is a lot closer to correct colors than it appeared in pics I had seen. It's still a tad too green, but I think McHaley pointed out you can just get some Tamiya snow to subtly lighten it. The chest armor looks a bit more off color-wise, but even it is probably fine for the non-rivet counter.

What was pretty cool is that the custom styrene chest armor I hand-made (from ref on RPF) are pretty much an exact match shape and size-wise to the HT Armor. I'm still going to complete my custom Fett.

ToolyyU.jpg

EcJj6Tp.jpg

So ours both shipped from PC on the same day and yours has arrived while Australia Post is telling me next Tuesday. Australia Post is the worst mail carrier in the world. Massively overpriced and slower to send something from one city to the next than to the other side of the world. :mad:

:lol Yuuuup.

Found an extra black belt lying around so was able to modify my esb fett with an accurate holster set up, thanks for all the help guys

Boba fett arrived today, very impressed for my first Hot Toys figure.

First thing I did was strip him down and waiting for my blue dye to arrive and get the flight suit the proper color and a little weathered.

Few things I noticed right away:

1) The gauntlet nozzle on the left gauntlet is inaccurate.
2) Skull logo on shoulder is ROTJ and not ESB.
3) Chest logo is inaccurate
4) Flight-suit is too grey
5) Missing one shin tool and the 4th one is a duplicate that was included
6) Helmet is great but missing MQ-1 detailing in keyslots

The standard rocket backpack seems like a really dark green and of course the actual rocket part itself kinda broke off right out of the package. Nothing super glue can't fix but the thing is a little fragile

Found an extra black belt lying around so was able to modify my esb fett with an accurate holster set up, thanks for all the help guys

Dyed my flightsuit. Forgot the belt pouches. More dye ordered...

Curious to see the results from both of you.

I found the belt from my ROTJ Fett and have dye coming, hoping to work on my kitbash next week.

Thanks for all of the pictures and information everyone.

Having both SS V1 and HT ESB Fett in my display cases for over two weeks, I feel the SS captured the essence of the colours better that the HT. HT is a much better figure but SS seems to have captured the “matte” colour contrasts between the greens, greys, red etc to capture the Cloud City Fett we know. You could argue that HT captured the true Fett colours under behind the scenes natural lighting, but SS captured what we all have seen onscreen for over 30 years.
I own the same figures as well, but I thought everyone agreed that the SS one (especially V1) is way too Kermit green. To me, I see things more of the opposite where HT got it more right - regardless of the scene.
Well, let me correct that, it's mainly just the SS helmet colour. All the rest of the green, I'm inclined to agree with you..especially the gauntlet & jetpack colouring. It's just that I'm drawn to the helmet more than anything..like with Vader.

Haha - I thought that was your very modded HT figure. Something about the base you are standing on looks 1/6. I was like... "****!":lol

Thanks! I'm actually replacing that base with a carbonite chamber themed base later this month!

I need to steam 1:6 flight suit and redye the pouches but it's getting there.

The Fett of mine had to be disassembled to fix a bicep arm piece that came undone. Awesome figure but a tad fragile. This is the 2nd true type to be broken to a degree out of the box. The inaccuracies do not bother me as much as I thought. Though I do have extra fett parts from the first Sideshow. May use their rocket pack.And getting that holster strap to clip in was the most challenging thing for me.

My webbing belt came today, makes a huge difference (for me) in appearance. Had to mod slightly for the belt to hook through but it looks great.

Here's the behind shot of an accurate belt set up:

Back