Hot Toys 1/6 The Avengers: 1/6 Scale Bruce Banner and Hulk Premium Edition set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Hulk from OneSixthBruce is still on a container ship docked at a port in India.

There's a fair chance people will have this set in hand before mine even arrives!

:lol

Not that I really want Bruce Banner.

Or that base.

Or a pair of girders.

Re: The Avengers: 1/6th scale Bruce Banner Collectible Figure.

I was hoping Banner would include this head sculpt
incredible-hulk-sparking-avengers-movie-images.jpg~original

Or possibly this one
HulkSmash.jpg~original

I like the smile :hi5: There's always the possibility of a 3.0 :lol...or avengers 2 Hulk.

Your missing the point of this. Most of you are. Its about getting Hulk out there for some people who missed it. If you bought it already, especially at retail, then thats great!!! you dont have to worry. Then just get Banner. If you really are dying for a chitauri base and some steel railings, buy them when they hit eBay.

The First Release usually considered the most sought after. Its like the Rookie Card in sports cards. Even if it becomes a less superior toy. the First Batman Begins they did is pretty expensive and its a less superior sculpt compared to what they do now.

And with the Hulk, he looks fantastic anyway, so its not like they needed to improve it much. If you think he needed improvements, then I can't help you because you just have a different opinion and thats fine.

In all fairness, no one should be subjected to always buying 'spare' parts off eBay when they should have been part of the package in the first place. Re-release is fine and I agree with what you said but HT shouldn't add just add extras in all willy nilly at the expense of their loyal customers who buy the first releases.

Your missing the point of this. Most of you are. Its about getting Hulk out there for some people who missed it. If you bought it already, especially at retail, then thats great!!! you dont have to worry. Then just get Banner. If you really are dying for a chitauri base and some steel railings, buy them when they hit eBay.

The First Release usually considered the most sought after. Its like the Rookie Card in sports cards. Even if it becomes a less superior toy. the First Batman Begins they did is pretty expensive and its a less superior sculpt compared to what they do now.

And with the Hulk, he looks fantastic anyway, so its not like they needed to improve it much. If you think he needed improvements, then I can't help you because you just have a different opinion and thats fine.

Im meaning the overal "package" is better like the base and things for hulk to thrown or swing... the first release sucks in comparison so from now on I wont buy the first release of things as theres always something better announced shortly after, like thor... now hulk, soon loki and cap and so on and so forth

if they offered a new headsculpt...90% of us would flip our @*(#.

this is basically a middle finger to those of us that got the first hulk...

...see similar sentiments posted in the tdkr tumbler thread, among others...

A slap on the face to those who paid much from the secondary market because of the rumors that there won't ever be a Hulk 2.0 or Avengers 2 Hulk because HT spent more to produce the figure than expected, and that the prices of the figure would only go up -- just like Bat Pod and Tumbler indeed.

at least those batmen, jokers were different and redesigned, this is the exact same figure with add-ons!

Not the Tumbler and the Bat Pod. They were simply reproduced, only the Pod had a slight difference on the paint apps.

In all honesty, the custom headsculpts (Simplz and Iminime) look a billion times better than this one.

Well, this set comes out of nowhere. Didn't expect HT to do something like this. But in all fairness, this set is good for peeps who didn't own the first Hulk. I guess that is HT's target group this time....

A slap on the face to those who paid much from the secondary market because of the rumors that there won't ever be a Hulk 2.0 or Avengers 2 Hulk because HT spent more to produce the figure than expected, and that the prices of the figure would only go up -- just like Bat Pod and Tumbler indeed.

I don't get this logic at all. If the original Hulk cost more than expected to develop, what better way to make that money back than by re-using the molds, etc.?

I have to agree though. I don't love my hulk any less just cause of a few reha$hed accessories. :lol

If ever, I pity those who will have to get the set just to get Hulk.
(or those who will pay higher than $300 for the parted out Hulk)

In all honesty, the custom headsculpts (Simplz and Iminime) look a billion times better than this one.

With zero shred of hyperbole, I'm struggling to recall a worse headsculpt from HT in the past couple of years.

I have no interest in this figure but i think it turned out well. Some people find the smallest things to complain about. Nothing less than a walking, talking life model decoy would please them.

more Hulks being manufactured probably explains the reason why we've been seeing retailers like gohastings having them in stock at MSRP.

I don't get this logic at all. If the original Hulk cost more than expected to develop, what better way to make that money back than by re-using the molds, etc.?

Just to clarify --it's not the pre-production that cost HT a lot of money, that rumor said -- it's the production itself, as the materials used to make the figure (maybe the silicon body?) turned out more expensive than what HT was expecting. That's why making more Hulk would only mean HT losing money unless they make it more expensive. I hope I said that clearly this time.

Again, that's just from a rumor that once went around on here, which is not proven.

Was looking forward to a banner :( Guess I'm passing.
Worst headsculpt for 2013 IMO.

I just don't see it that way. The hobby is a very customizable hobby. spare parts is a big part of the hobby. I don't ever buy them, but I understand people love to, so it just part of the hobby.

And I think it would have been worse if Hulk came with a new Headsculpt because then it would make people who bought the first release even more frantic because they might like the new HS better. Its just a base and steel rods. If First Release buyers are upset about that, then idk, its just not a big deal to me. I bought First release, and when I saw this tonight I didn't care at all it came with that base and steel rods. I will not miss having those pieces in any way. And I got the base from BD Iron Man. But if his HS was different then i would be like, "man, now i got to come up with $500+ to get it". But I dont, i can just get Banner :)

Fair enough, it is a customizable hobby I'm not saying its not but I empathize with those who feel that simple extras would be available right out of the box.

As for the head sculpt I only think it should have been included with banner to provide a perk or an incentive for more ppl to get him but thats another wish altogether :D

Back