Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone,

i got my batpod 2 months ago but just only took it out of its box and finally displayed it with my tdk batman. needless to say (but gotta say it anyway) this is one awesome collectible. even my dad who has absolutely zero interest in these "childish" things was quite impressed. he actually believed me when i jokingly told him this batpod has a working engine. :rotfl

that's a testament to hot toys' level of craftsmanship. it's so freakin convincing.

now, i have a question for u guys: u know the wiring that sticks out of the handles? how do u guys deal with it? i just tucked them inside the armguards but it looks kinda sloppy all coiled around in there. thought of cutting them shorter but the thought of damaging in any way it is too painful...

ahhahaahahah my dad is the same! he thinks the "toys" are childish till he saw SS Thor (i know nothin to do with TDK) and now he said i should put it outside next tot he TV :peace

Yea, I had a hard time mainly with the cape...I finally just gave up on it. I wasnt going to pose him on the bike anyway, I was just curious to see it. If I had to have him on the bike, I would have kept working on it.

ahhahaahahah my dad is the same! he thinks the "toys" are childish till he saw SS Thor (i know nothin to do with TDK) and now he said i should put it outside next tot he TV :peace

heh heh :lol

i bet anyone's dads will also be able to fully appreciate those sexy adam hughes comiquettes too! i saw the pics of the upcoming catwoman comiquette and i knew i just GOTTA have her on my pre-order list. can't wait!

anyway back on topic... one thing that bothers me are the stickiness of the batpod's rubber wheels. mine has been sitting on a wooden cabinet for a few weeks and when i tried moving it yesterday it was stuck! i dunno if it's the paint on the wheels or the rubber itself that's causing it....

any opinions or similar experiences?

Badass tyler!!! Hey, does anyone know the status on the Batmobile. Are we still heading for a May or June release?

Badass tyler!!! Hey, does anyone know the status on the Batmobile. Are we still heading for a May or June release?

a local retailer emailed me yesterday. the batmobile has been delayed til at least may. so if u are in the US/europe, u'll prob get it some time after that...

great pictures tyler!!! :rock

thanks threatz. gotta get round to taking some decent shots with batman on the pod.

So a couple of weeks ago, I bought a new bookcase to display all my HT TDK items (I bought everything they've made, including extras of the two batmans-my first foray into the 1/6th world-very expen$ive, I might add).
Anyways, I'm moving all the items over, super carefully, as usual, when my hand slips, and the bat-pod goes flying out, landing on the carpet, and breaking clean in half!!!!!
Well, I'm not embarrassed to admit I almost cried: one of the large guns had broken off, one of the smaller guns had also broken off, and all the wires that ran the lights had come apart!
My wife consoled me, and helped me to actually put it back together. She used hot glue, and now it's as good as new, except, of course, for the lights. I actually considered buying another one, but I couldn't justify spending another $300 so that I could have working lights!
This, to me, is the real bummer of these toys. Yes, I completely understand that they are not meant for any kind of play, but they are sometimes so delicate, that it is almost stressful, instead of fun, to handle them. Every time I do want to pose/play with them, I clear off a table, and make sure that I am in no particular rush. I break into a sweat every time I want to swap hands, because I'm so nervous about breaking a peg, and I almost gave myself an aneurism the one time I tried to pose Batman on the 'pod.
So now I'm caught in a catch 22: these toys are so spectacular, that nothing else really impresses me anymore (up until now, I'd mainly collected 6" figures, such as DCUC), but I don't know if I can deal with the delicate nature of the 1/6th figures, not to mention the sometimes ridiculous prices.
Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on this? I would appreciate it...

So a couple of weeks ago, I bought a new bookcase to display all my HT TDK items (I bought everything they've made, including extras of the two batmans-my first foray into the 1/6th world-very expen$ive, I might add).
Anyways, I'm moving all the items over, super carefully, as usual, when my hand slips, and the bat-pod goes flying out, landing on the carpet, and breaking clean in half!!!!!
Well, I'm not embarrassed to admit I almost cried: one of the large guns had broken off, one of the smaller guns had also broken off, and all the wires that ran the lights had come apart!
My wife consoled me, and helped me to actually put it back together. She used hot glue, and now it's as good as new, except, of course, for the lights. I actually considered buying another one, but I couldn't justify spending another $300 so that I could have working lights!
This, to me, is the real bummer of these toys. Yes, I completely understand that they are not meant for any kind of play, but they are sometimes so delicate, that it is almost stressful, instead of fun, to handle them. Every time I do want to pose/play with them, I clear off a table, and make sure that I am in no particular rush. I break into a sweat every time I want to swap hands, because I'm so nervous about breaking a peg, and I almost gave myself an aneurism the one time I tried to pose Batman on the 'pod.
So now I'm caught in a catch 22: these toys are so spectacular, that nothing else really impresses me anymore (up until now, I'd mainly collected 6" figures, such as DCUC), but I don't know if I can deal with the delicate nature of the 1/6th figures, not to mention the sometimes ridiculous prices.

play with your dolls like a MAN...:lol

but really, that would suck to break something like that. some people "pose" their figures alot and then there's those of us who find a pose and leave it alone. just be careful when changing the hands on these and a hair dryer is your friend...:lecture

:)

number 1 - you are a collector. do not apologize if your collectible got damaged. it's a collectible, and as such, by a possible definition, could be a work of art.

2, $300 is difficult to rationale getting a 2nd bat-pod just for working lights.
See 3.

3, google and see if anyone else has had their batpod damaged similar to you, or have had light issues. maybe they have provided a fix?

4, radio shack or other places (again, do a search), and see how to wire LED lights. maybe it's possible, if you're willing, to do a repair.

5, man, i feel your pain. accidents will happen, but it wasn't intentional... so it's all good. if higher-end items may pose an issue, hat's a possibility to consider. if i see anything re: info on repair, i'll send it your way

^ sell off your damaged batpod, no matter what the price is. There's got to be someone who'll buy it off of you. Use the money and chip in the remainder to get a new one.

Problem solved.

I went through something kinda similar a couple years ago when I got the Hot Toys Batman and Superman. I loved toying with the Batman and getting him into all these poses.

At some point, something in his knee snapped. Because of the suit, I wasn't aware of it at the time. And because of the suit I couldn't repair the knee. This broke my heart. It was too late to exchange him and he looked good most of the time when displayed but only when using his stand and only doing certain poses. And worst of all I couldn't do what I loved most about him: pick him up and find a cool pose; put him down for awhile; repeat.

So what did I do? At length, I forgave him his faults. He's not perfect. He's not even equal to other Hot Toys figures that have 2 functional knees. And 9 months later or so Hot Toys announced Batman Begins suit Batman V.2 and I grabbed him without hesitation.

So if you can forgive the lights not working then do so. If the light feature is important, hydeandseek has a great idea.

But to your closing point of the delicate nature of this things, they are more fragile than anything else in the toy/figure arena. They look like museum pieces and sometimes they're just as delicate and at times that can be a lot of pressure to something that should be purely recreational.

I wonder what sort of 'bonus' HT will throw us with the tumbler?

As we all know HT loves spoiling their fans with bonuses, like the cape that came with the pod, or those cat and chair that came with the godfather.

Edit: an additional batman OC rubber suit would be a pretty good idea. Just in case someone tears their other costume while trying to sit them inside the tumbler. Lol!

When it broke did you notice if the pod has an inner metal frame? It would've been great if you took some pictures of the damage before putting it back together. I hope you could still pose Batman on the pod. Thanks.

I really want to see in hand pics of the Tumbler. That thingis gonna be massive!

First, thank you to everyone for their feedback. Hydeandseek, I think that's a real good idea, I might try to sell it off on the 'bay, although, honestly, I've made my peace with it.

When it broke, I didn't see any metal frame. At first, I thought it was completely destroyed, because it looked like it had broken clean in half, as the front wheel was now facing the wrong way (!). Turns out that basically, the 'pod is a two-piece contraption, where the front wheel and its frame fit into the engine and back wheel piece (if that makes any sense). So basically, my wife and I ended up putting it back together, and structurally, it's fine. The guns that broke off are hot glued back on, and are as good as new.
Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback. While this experience has made me even more cautious when playing/posing, I know that when HT releases any more bat-product, I'll be right in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back