Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bat1975, sorry to hear abt ur mishap. it really sucks when something like that happens. :(

i'm also kinda paranoid when handling my batpod. i ALWAYS carry it with both hands and make sure there's nothing in my vicinity that could cause me to drop or smash it. as someone said, these aren't toys per se. not anymore, at this price point and this level of craftsmanship. they're works of art and thus should be treated as such. look at how art museums guard their stuff!

good luck with fixing the lights. maybe it's just loose or disconnected wiring. unless the led bulbs themselves have been damaged, u should be able to re-connect the wires. but i'm just guessing...

Happens to me with one of my watches before. The damn scratch on it. I never looked and admire its beauty ever since there's a scratch on the watch. I'm always stuck on the scratch and couldn't get it over with. And don't get me started on the constant flashbacks of the accident. Lol :D

I ended up selling it, and getting the exact watch again. I can appreciate the details and the beauty of the watch again, no more flashbacks of the accident etc. Although I barely wear it nowadays.

Just sell it already, and get a new one with working lights :)

glad to see you got the batpod back together bat1975. I made a visit to my local Radio Shack and they have everything it would take to replace the lighting system on the batpod.from the lights to the tiny switch on the bottom of it just in case you ever want to get the lights working again.I hope this helps if you decide to.

This is really odd, my order from forbiddenplanet.com has vanished for the Bat Pod and Tumbler when I login to my account. The date has been changed again for the Bat Pod. 15/03/2009, and the Tumbler is out of stock for orders. :eek:

I never requested a cancelation nor have I had a cancelation email or such. What's odd is one of my previous orders are listed.

That sounds slightly worrying. I'd give them an email about that. At the moment I'm worried that Toys2 have forgotten that I ordered a Mark III iron man and that Sideshow have forgotten my order for the Dog Alien as I've heard nothing on either front and its ages since the 'in-hand' pics started appearing for both. With toys2 especially, its generally guaranteed that within 2-3 weeks of the first 'amateur' pics appearing on here I'll have mine...but so far no shipping notice for Iron man.

Yeah, I've sent them one. Hopefully I'll find out whats happened on Monday.

Has anyone had problems removing the little red tabs securing the wheels? The rear one came off fine, however, for the life of me, i couldn't figure out how to remove the front one...After much fiddling, the peg snapped off and is now stuck in the spoke...RUINED!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sounds like your front peg was lodged in pretty tight.When I removed mine I pulled the peg from beneath the cannons first and then from the wheel itself and it came right out.I would try twisting what is left of the peg in the wheel to free it up.Hope that helps.

That sounds slightly worrying. I'd give them an email about that. At the moment I'm worried that Toys2 have forgotten that I ordered a Mark III iron man and that Sideshow have forgotten my order for the Dog Alien as I've heard nothing on either front and its ages since the 'in-hand' pics started appearing for both. With toys2 especially, its generally guaranteed that within 2-3 weeks of the first 'amateur' pics appearing on here I'll have mine...but so far no shipping notice for Iron man.

Guys, the Chinese New Year really affected the Ironman shipments. You have to be patient...Toys2 didn't forget about you...and its not like they don't want your business.

This is really odd, my order from forbiddenplanet.com has vanished for the Bat Pod and Tumbler when I login to my account. The date has been changed again for the Bat Pod. 15/03/2009, and the Tumbler is out of stock for orders. :eek:

I never requested a cancelation nor have I had a cancelation email or such. What's odd is one of my previous orders are listed.

that usually means they havent got enough stock to fill all orders when an order mysteriously dissapears-i was told this by someone over the fone @ FP last week!! (they also said they changed suppliers and werent sure if they were gettin my item in at all) ive just had the same thing happen to me over the weekend-my iron man figure i ordered in august has gone! i hope im wrong and u do receive your stuff but ive also seen someone on here moan that they (fp) do not notify you to tell you that you wont be gettin the item!

im quite sure i ordered my item the day it first went up to order and i still wasnt quick enough apparently! but i will find out for sure 2moro! i use fp before and although slow in gettin items in stock they are quite cheap-probably the reason they get bombarded with orders when they probably only get a few handfuls of each item in stock! ive ordered from somewhere else now!

August the 3rd I placed that order. Hopefully they respond sometime tomorrow, but if they done that then they should have left the Bat-Pod order, because they are still taking orders for it. Even though I ordered both together. But thats still stingy if they have done this. Considering if you order multiple things you can easily cancel one item and still leave the other(s) intact under one order.

If it turns out it is this, I'm going to be pretty screwed when it comes to customs then. If I have to get these across the pond.

yeh tell me about it...ordering from somewhere else has at least cost me an extra £50 AT LEAST! depends where u order from..some are willing to put "low price item/gift/merchandise" on parcels if u ask..some are not! yes im very p***** with FP but what can u do eh? its not really their fault either i suppose!?
your pod sound like its ok..you just want to hope that the site is upto date,but im assuming its cool cos they would hav removed the pod from the site at the same time as the tumbler.

Hi All,
well after much consideration, I've decided to sell off my semi-broken batpod, as suggested by a fellow poster. I'm sorry if this isn't the place for it, please let me know where I should post.
In any case, I'm willing to let it go for a very reasonable price. Remember, it is fully operational, other than the lights not working. Two guns were hot glued back on, and look good as new. If you're interested, PM me and we'll see what we can do (willing to send pics if needed).
Thanks again to all for their input, and sorry to (slightly) derail the thread!

You need more post counts before you can post a "For Sale" thread.

Or alternatively, you could put in on your signature.

Good luck in selling your "battle damaged" batpod.

:peace

Hi All,
well after much consideration, I've decided to sell off my semi-broken batpod, as suggested by a fellow poster. I'm sorry if this isn't the place for it, please let me know where I should post.
In any case, I'm willing to let it go for a very reasonable price. Remember, it is fully operational, other than the lights not working. Two guns were hot glued back on, and look good as new. If you're interested, PM me and we'll see what we can do (willing to send pics if needed).
Thanks again to all for their input, and sorry to (slightly) derail the thread!

Seems good news after all.

Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail. I can confirm that this order is still active and will be fulfilled as soon as we have stock. This e-mail will be followed by a confirmation order e-mail.

----- 1720211 Batman: Dark Knight: Batpod 1:6 Scale Movie Masterpiece x 1 (Pre-Order Item expected delivery to us 15/03/2009)

----- 1720204 Batman: Dark Knight: Tumbler 1:6 Scale Movie Masterpiece x 1 (Pre-Order Item)

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind Regards

Forbidden Planet Mail Order
144 Southwark Street
London
SE1 0UP

Seems good news after all.

yeh i spoke to them on the fone today and the reason for the disapearance of our orders is because as u know theyve removed them for people to order now! so know ive got 2 mkIII's on order...im gonna be f'd in terms of cash if they both turn up!! hopefully FP's comes first so i save some money on shippin/tax fees.its ok cos the other place i ordered from will send me an email asking if i still want it when it comes in stock and theres are due in a couple weeks while FP have no idea when they will get theres!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back