Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we are gonna see new pics of these for the next 2 months, as much as I want it myself. As these has been postponed till may or june, while it was supposedly scheduled for a Q4 2008 release.

I feel your pain, mate!

Yea but we need new pics of this badboy

yeh i spoke to them on the fone today and the reason for the disapearance of our orders is because as u know theyve removed them for people to order now!

I'm not quite following, as that doesn't make sense... I never got an explanation why it was removed. Only that it will be fulfilled.

I'm not quite following, as that doesn't make sense... I never got an explanation why it was removed. Only that it will be fulfilled.

i told him that my order was gone and he said that it was because the item had been removed from the site-it would also be removed from our order history!? im the same as you!!-not sure what to think of this??? but they said im still down for the order so just have to wait and see!

I thought for sure that DC Direct's booth at either New York Comic Con last week or this week's Toy Fair in New York would have had the Tumbler on display. But no joy! Both the Comic Con and Toy Fair are Tumbler-less. I just hope that there's no delay. This will be the absolute centerpiece of any TDK collection. Summer can't get here quick enough...

If you are struggling displaying the batpod, i have come up with a solution using two detolfs. Simply take out two of the glass pains and you have yourself a double display case to fit it in. Will post image later. :banana

Last edited:
Bloody hell how many times is the Tumbler going to be delayed. I needn't bother visiting this thread for quite awhile.

When was it delayed?

Look when this was posted: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1196867&postcount=1

The Dark Knight Batman (The Dark Knight ver.) Mid OCT, 2008
The Dark Knight The Joker (Bank Robber ver.) NOV, 2008 to JAN, 2009
The Dark Knight Bat-pod DEC, 2008 to JAN, 2009
Iron Man MARK 3 DEC, 2008 to JAN, 2009
Iron Man MARK 2 JAN 2009, to MARCH, 2009

The Dark Knight Batmobile MARCH, 2009 to MAY, 2009

Hot Toys emailed out those dates to dealers.

What bout mark 1??

What bout those poor sobs that have paid payment for their tumbler POs since last summer? It took HT a full year to deliver?!

If you are struggling displaying the batpod, i have come up with a solution using two detolfs. Simply take out two of the glass pains and you have yourself a double display case to fit it in. Will post image later. :banana

good display solution, prh. but that means dust will now be able to get in, eh...

Woohoo!!! Just got my Batpod today. I got to figure out where to put it. It's feakin huge. I like the idea of combining the 2 detolfs, but also concern about dust.

16hrtvt.jpg

2hrcnjp.jpg

34qntwp.jpg

Nice idea - you just need to saw off the excess wood along the groove where you've removed the glass pane and it should be pretty well protected against dust too.

Even with the 2 glass pains there is still gaps where dust will get in anyway, so it doesnt bother me.

congrats on getting your batpod, sharpnel. yeah, it is one huge collectible.

did u have problems fixing the handbars onto the metal posts?

congrats on getting your batpod, sharpnel. yeah, it is one huge collectible.

did u have problems fixing the handbars onto the metal posts?

I didn't have any issue. However, I think the handlebars assembly does not feel sturdy. I would prefer HT should have added some diecast metal to the Batpod to provide sturdiness and a nice weight.

I didn't have any issue. However, I think the handlebars assembly does not feel sturdy. I would prefer HT should have added some diecast metal to the Batpod to provide sturdiness and a nice weight.

the left side armguard on my batpod is a little loose cos i've removed it a few times, when storing the pod back in its box. dunno why they made the sockets like that, they don't seem to fit very well.

yeah, agree that HT should have included more metal. but that would pobably have driven up the cost factor even more.

as it is, there are a few parts made from metal, ie: the frame beneath the engine cover.

the red stopper at the front wheel was blah to remove.
The rear one was much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back