Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, how do you take out the red plugs from the front tires.

Also, my back thruster came off, but luckily it is in one piece. It doesn't snap back in, but they hardly used any glue. What do you guys think would be the best kind of glue? I don't want a glue that melts the plastic.

How do I remove the styrofoam from the rubber tires, and how do I insert R3 and L3 without breaking the long stem (for the rearest flaps) that sticks out on the back...

Thanks in advance!

P.S. My lights are already fading after going so strong, what gives?!

Question, how do you take out the red plugs from the front tires.

Also, my back thruster came off, but luckily it is in one piece. It doesn't snap back in, but they hardly used any glue. What do you guys think would be the best kind of glue? I don't want a glue that melts the plastic.

How do I remove the styrofoam from the rubber tires, and how do I insert R3 and L3 without breaking the long stem (for the rearest flaps) that sticks out on the back...

Thanks in advance!

P.S. My lights are already fading after going so strong, what gives?!

I had some piece break off so I used Tamiya model kit glue which is certainly safe for plastic. For Styrofoam I think I just used my fingernail to remove it. The flaps you should be more worried about the other four pieces more :p The long stem wasn't that fragile but those little hydrolic shocks on the other flaps break off easily but more importantly the end poles are really easy to break and sometimes are not even in the right direction!! I broke one on my second tumbler :( I realized then that the hinges are very tight and if you do not hold it correctly they will snap. Hold as close to the hinges on the post and flaps as possible and turn it back and forth a few times first until it turns more easily before you do anything else.
LEDs I wish I could turn them on and off easily to actually use them more often so I can't weight in at all but I realized that the LEDs on my Batpod are weak in comparison. But jsut to make sure, are you maybe running low on batt? :p

BTW I totally forgot to post what I found at HD but for my case for the Tumbler and Batpod and possibly a setup with Joker vs Batman/pod I found the following rolls of Shingles I think that looks really close to pavement :) anyone feedback and locals that are willing to split this with me?
asphalt2s.jpg

asphalt1s.jpg

It's actually not very expensive ($50 a roll or something I don't remember right now :p)

I had some piece break off so I used Tamiya model kit glue which is certainly safe for plastic. For Styrofoam I think I just used my fingernail to remove it. The flaps you should be more worried about the other four pieces more :p The long stem wasn't that fragile but those little hydrolic shocks on the other flaps break off easily but more importantly the end poles are really easy to break and sometimes are not even in the right direction!! I broke one on my second tumbler :( I realized then that the hinges are very tight and if you do not hold it correctly they will snap. Hold as close to the hinges on the post and flaps as possible and turn it back and forth a few times first until it turns more easily before you do anything else.
LEDs I wish I could turn them on and off easily to actually use them more often so I can't weight in at all but I realized that the LEDs on my Batpod are weak in comparison. But jsut to make sure, are you maybe running low on batt? :p

Is proxy glue any good to use on the Tumbler? Also, how do you remove any styrofoam rub marks on the top of the Tumber?

Thanks Geil! :)

Is proxy glue any good to use on the Tumbler? Also, how do you remove any styrofoam rub marks on the top of the Tumber?

Thanks Geil! :)

I am not sure what proxy glue is so I won't be able to weight in on that :p As for styrofoam rub mine where minimal but try using mild detergent and some microfiber towels and see if it helps but from what I read it won't come off as it really polished away the emulated texture in most cases
I did have glue residue and just used lens cleaners using Q-tips and toothpicks.

I am not sure what proxy glue is so I won't be able to weight in on that :p As for styrofoam rub mine where minimal but try using mild detergent and some microfiber towels and see if it helps but from what I read it won't come off as it really polished away the emulated texture in most cases
I did have glue residue and just used lens cleaners using Q-tips and toothpicks.

You never did answer this, but how did you remove the red plugs on the front tires. I used pliers to no success.

You never did answer this, but how did you remove the red plugs on the front tires. I used pliers to no success.

oops I need my questions in point form so I don;t miss them :)
someone here mentioned the trick and totally works
It is just a matter of pulling the pin while wiggling the wheel a bit

I really don't understand why HT could hide the On/Off switch on their Iron Man Mark I so very well while the switch on the tumbler is so big and obviously visible on the side...

Solution : turn the other side for display..

Both solutions don't really convince me...
While painting the wheels accurate i airbrushed the white lettering away. I can live with the switch but still confused why they did not place it under the tumbler... It's just so... obvious..

For the first time in real and only seeing it in photos from you guys who have it,.... I just seen it on display in forbiddenplanet in central london today. Woooow :horror :horror I was effing amazed, so HUGE!!!!
It is so tempting to get one but its just so massive! HT were mad to make this.
You guys are lucky to have one.

For the first time in real and only seeing it in photos from you guys who have it,.... I just seen it on display in forbiddenplanet in central london today. Woooow :horror :horror I was effing amazed, so HUGE!!!!
It is so tempting to get one but its just so massive! HT were mad to make this.
You guys are lucky to have one.

Me too! I saw it on display at Forbidden planet last week for the first time... and my GOD. I wish I had space for that MONSTER!! No amount of pictures can prepare you for the size of this thing... trust me... un-believably HUGE. I WANT ONE

Me too! I saw it on display at Forbidden planet last week for the first time... and my GOD. I wish I had space for that MONSTER!! No amount of pictures can prepare you for the size of this thing... trust me... un-believably HUGE. I WANT ONE

...and you both didn't take your cameras, tsk tsk. Was there a lot of people around it talking about it? Whats their displays like, behind glass units or an open display?

It was in a glass case, on a shelf that normall has about 10-12 figures on it. In this case, the thing took up all the damn space!

And yeah people were entering the store and then suddenly noticing this beast to their left... and you could basically see jaws drop

It was in a glass case, on a shelf that normall has about 10-12 figures on it. In this case, the thing took up all the damn space!

And yeah people were entering the store and then suddenly noticing this beast to their left... and you could basically see jaws drop

Trust me, because of all my TDK stuff I have a few new best friends lol
But no seriously suddenly people want to come over to my place and I have to actually clean up the house more often, that's probably the only benefit my wife sees :rotfl

...and you both didn't take your cameras, tsk tsk. Was there a lot of people around it talking about it? Whats their displays like, behind glass units or an open display?

I should have yes, but forgot, was just in awe of it, the same as my brother he was amazed of seeing it. It will be the most unforgettable thing that I have seen this year, it just beats everything that Hot Toys have made! For me it is their number one huge piece.
Its...its...its just so tempting!!
I just love the design of the tumbler.... its an ugly beauty, vicious, punkarse mofo brutal stealth tank!! And those huge rear rubber tire wheels arghhhhhhhhh!!!! :banghead

I should have yes, but forgot, was just in awe of it, the same as my brother he was amazed of seeing it. It will be the most unforgettable thing that I have seen this year, it just beats everything that Hot Toys have made! For me it is their number one huge piece.
Its...its...its just so tempting!!
I just love the design of the tumbler.... its an ugly beauty, vicious, punkarse mofo brutal stealth tank!! And those huge rear rubber tire wheels arghhhhhhhhh!!!! :banghead

give in ..... why resist.... it's only 1 piece of plastic away...... (and a few monthly payments if you so desire.. interest ....pending) *whispers coming from nowhere*

give in ..... why resist.... it's only 1 piece of plastic away...... (and a few monthly payments if you so desire.. interest ....pending) *whispers coming from nowhere*

:lol :lol Thanks for the advice Geil. I can get one if I want but I would need to make room in the cupboard where it will end up staying stored until I move house one day. I will think about it, but time will make the price go up for the tumbler. Maybe I will get one for a christmas present for myself.
Oh one thing, liked your pics of your tumbler, looks excellent on display.

:lol :lol Thanks for the advice Geil. I can get one if I want but I would need to make room in the cupboard where it will end up staying stored until I move house one day. I will think about it, but time will make the price go up for the tumbler. Maybe I will get one for a christmas present for myself.
Oh one thing, liked your pics of your tumbler, looks excellent on display.

Exactly. For this price you are getting great value per cubic feet :D. I always wanted the big Milleniun Falcon but it started at U$800 and is now at U$2000!!!! Making this a huge steal and you can pose your fig with it :)
as space is a big problem for all I wonder if it makes it easier for people to display this with the tumbler on a big slanted angle like on the rooftop scene or even mid air. But then the tumbler looks best when seen from a low angle though

I love HT. Just received replacement for my Batmobile spoiler from them

061009.jpg

The package

0610093.jpg

The spoiler

0610094.jpg

The original broken piston

0610095.jpg

The replacement

Now I enjoy the Batmobile even more :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.