Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depth (Inches) 11 floor to roof
Height (Inches) 28.7 front to back
Width (Inches) 18.5 side to side

I was just wondering, with all the horror stories I've heard with HT's rubber figure's deteriorating in a matter of a couple of years, is the same going to happen to the wheels on my Tumbler ?

Bumping this as no one responded. Whats people's thoughts on this? What will we do if one day our Batmobiles and Batpods no longer have wheels? Of course if that day comes chances are we won't have any viable Batmans either!

Depth (Inches) 11 floor to roof
Height (Inches) 28.7 front to back
Width (Inches) 18.5 side to side

ok well thats just silly, but in the best possible way :)

*wanders off to get tape measure*

Is there a pic with lights on? Also somebody should pick it up for a real sense of scale! I can't believe the size of it!

Bumping this as no one responded. Whats people's thoughts on this? What will we do if one day our Batmobiles and Batpods no longer have wheels? Of course if that day comes chances are we won't have any viable Batmans either!

I don't know either. If anything it probably wouldn't be wise to have it sitting with the same part of the rubber for 6 months + at a time on the surface. Rubbers can flat spot/deteriorate and stick/go gungy dependent on the surface if it has pressure on one place for a long time. Probably best rotating the wheel to a different part now and then.

As for the figure suit. Excessive ware and handling would go for it more than anything and heat. Drying out the rubber. Or in sunlight/rays. Or spraying lots of aerosol fresheners in the air... chemicals can have weird effects long term.

ok well thats just silly, but in the best possible way :)

*wanders off to get tape measure*

Whats silly, it's crazy size?

Is there a pic with lights on?

Yes, many. Somewhere in this thread sometime ago... I'm too lazy to look. Could be more than 20 pages ago. I'm not sure.

Also somebody should pick it up for a real sense of scale! I can't believe the size of it!

Same thing applies here. That too is in this thread. Somebody's wife/gf picked it up while they shot it.

I've missed the party :) Only joined these boards yesterday I'm spending an eternity looking through old pages!

And yeah I meant the crazy size!

With regard to the rubber in the wheels I can't remember right now but my dad used to have some kinda oil, almost a moisturiser type stuff for rubber things, stopped them from drying out and cracking. I'll find out tomorrow what it was and post it if I can..

spraying lots of aerosol fresheners in the air... chemicals can have weird effects long term.

I was certainly doing a lot of that but that was in an attempt to combat the g/fs cigarette smoke. Instead I was probably doubling the problem as far as my figures were concerned. Oh well I've got them boxed up again anyway and when they're all loose again in 6-8 months time it should be less of an issue as they'll be behind doors with glass panes and I'll at last have a damned window in my bedroom that can open - something I've lacked now for over a year.

Only thing I can think of to control:
- UV exposure
- Humidity control (cannot be too dry, so maybe a cup of water in the case will help)
- temperature control
- I guess you could treat the rubber tires with the same stuff for real tires but it would just be too glossy

Any of you just use your real life nickname? Thats what I did...

Although I assume 'lone wolf' isnt one :)

Back to Tumbler related stuff :)
Here are some pictures of the roll of Shingle (or whatever it was called) that I picked up from Home Depot. It's a bit coarse but is close :)
shingle1.jpg

shingle2.jpg

shingle4.jpg

shingle5.jpg

Back to Tumbler related stuff :)
Here are some pictures of the roll of Shingle (or whatever it was called) that I picked up from Home Depot. It's a bit coarse but is close :)
shingle1.jpg
That isn't bad. I might have to try something smilar for at least part of my shelf... thanks for the tip!

I wonder if it would look like a concrete sidewalk if it were painted grey and cut into squares, hmmm....

Ok I've decided I want one, now I just need to find a place to put it.
the top of 2 Detolfs next to each other won't cut it (comes short just abit)

Ah, the trouble, the trouble :)

Honestly. This deserves to be in the middle of the room :D. But if you really want you could make a base and put it on top of your Detolfs and then your Tumbler

yea problem is I live at home with my mother and sister. don't think they'd appreciate a big (in their eyes) toy in the middle of the room ;)

yea problem is I live at home with my mother and sister. don't think they'd appreciate a big (in their eyes) toy in the middle of the room ;)

I was thinking at one point to make a glass coffee table for the living room with the tumbler in the inside :D
But then I would need to buy another Tumbler to play with.
Do not give up.... where there is a will there is a way.... :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back