Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank and Sons is the cancer that has made SoCal collecting so hard. All y'all should boycott that place

Not really, if you know what you want and how much you are willing to pay you could find great deals there. Like for example the Tumbler.

Of course, they also have a**holes vendors that want to pay off their mortgage with a single action figure.

Luis

-sorry for staying off topic-

Frank and Sons is the hub of a massive scalper network that prevents collectors (and parents) from finding toys at retail, all to 'force' them to purchase them at F&S. If everyone would stop going there the scalper network would be decimated in a month.

-sorry for staying off topic-

Frank and Sons is the hub of a massive scalper network that prevents collectors (and parents) from finding toys at retail, all to 'force' them to purchase them at F&S. If everyone would stop going there the scalper network would be decimated in a month.

I agree, but what happens if I don't have the time to scout every Target and Toys R Us in my area waiting for them to open and running to the toy section in hopes of finding the figure I want and if I do having to wrestle someone for it?

So, it is either eBay (scalpers), Frank and Sons (scalpers) or just not having that figure in my collection. I could also hope that it is re released months down the road, etc, etc.

Luis

I have the Tumber on order from dcbservice.com I believe it was for $292 and $8 shipping lol. It is long sold out though. They also offered up Bank Robber Joker and Dent for $113, who I've also ordered.

:rock :rock bat pod for under $200 and Tumbler for under $300 shipped!! :rock :rock

I'm fairly new to 1/6 scale figure collecting, and have a newbie question:
I just got the Batpod (which is pretty damn amazing) and I'm setting up my Dark Knight Batman in the riding position. I've read a lot on here that it's not recommended to leave a figure in that position, and I'm wondering why.

Is it because the rubber costume will eventually stretch and rip over time?
Kind of a bummer since he looks so cool on it, but if I have to have him standing in order to preserve the costume then so be it.
Thanks for any advice....

Pretty much as it's putting so much strain on the very tight parts that is badly wrinkled up. That would probably crack on it's own, if left.

:lecture

Yeah, what Vodoun said!

But to be fair we don't 'know' it'll be a problem, but it's a matter of taking that risk.
The material the suit is made from might stamd up just fine to a prolonged display... but do you wanna be the one that finds out it doesn't!

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to cancel these two. More of a space issue than money, although I would be almost a grand richer without these :lol

If the Tumbler comes out in the summer then I'll probably have the money for it, but I don't know about space. I might get the Batpod if it is still available sometime.

I agree, but what happens if I don't have the time to scout every Target and Toys R Us in my area waiting for them to open and running to the toy section in hopes of finding the figure I want and if I do having to wrestle someone for it?

So, it is either eBay (scalpers), Frank and Sons (scalpers) or just not having that figure in my collection. I could also hope that it is re released months down the road, etc, etc.

Luis

You'd stand a chance at finding stuff at retail if you didn't have Frank & Sons.

I have no idea where I'll put the Tumbler after it is shot, but to shoot it, I'll have to pop up a few $$$ to rent a larger photo studio and buy a 9' roll of seamless (which isn't cheap)

I couldn't live with myself if I don't have that section of the Photo Archive complete however.

I'm fairly new to 1/6 scale figure collecting, and have a newbie question:
I just got the Batpod (which is pretty damn amazing) and I'm setting up my Dark Knight Batman in the riding position. I've read a lot on here that it's not recommended to leave a figure in that position, and I'm wondering why.

Kind of a bummer since he looks so cool on it, but if I have to have him standing in order to preserve the costume then so be it.
Thanks for any advice....

This is why I bought a second TDK batman - one to display on its own merits and my older one to display riding the Batpod. So I guess I'll be the one to find out if anything goes wrong over time!

So just posing Batman in a normal stand up position with his limbs straight will keep the figure good for a life time. I hope... at 175 US each these things aren't cheap.

So just posing Batman in a normal stand up position with his limbs straight will keep the figure good for a life time. I hope... at 175 US each these things aren't cheap.

...and I guess it depends on the hot summers ahead for wherever people live.

...and I guess it depends on the hot summers ahead for wherever people live.

I know it may not be a 100% perfect example, but my Takara Bats has held up quite well through the hot summers here in SoCal. Hopefully, the HT Bats perform just as good if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back