Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but the bullying outside of the custom threads is finally starting to take it's toll.

The avatar should tell you every thing you need to know bud. Unless you like conversing with walls? :huh
:dunno

I think we lose sight sometimes that this is just a hobby

The problem is people don't say, "Wow cool! Glad you scored an awesome figure!" and leave it be. They add, "Cape sucks, you gonna upgrade the cape?" or "Head's inaccurate. You need to hit up Adam for a screen accurate headsculpt!" IMHO, that's bull____. Let the collector enjoy their purchase and if they ask, offer it. Let them enjoy it and go open and close the door and slide the chain back and forth 44 times. It's bad enough we have to get force-fed the stuff by skipping over the OCD thread titles coming into the DC forum, but the bullying outside of the custom threads is finally starting to take it's toll.

I can see why it annoys you, people never being happy with their stuff. Though I don't agree with the bullying part, if anything, people are mentioning the "aftermarket" parts in goodwill I think. Helping out other collectors improve (or not, down to opinion) their stuff.

I guess if you look at the worth of a figure. In the long run, it'll probably be smarter to keep stock parts for the figure.

My v1 joker has the bank robber head on it w/ the longer head. The v1 joker head is going to be used for a custom at some point. At the same time though...I plan on leaving my dx j and two face alone. I feel like constantly paying for improvements is a bit hectic and annoying. I like them the way they are, and unless it's a huge problem like the v1 head was IMO, I probably will leave them the way I bought them and enjoy them just the same.

But I understand the desire to customize ____. You gotta do whatever you like visually.

The problem is people don't say, "Wow cool! Glad you scored an awesome figure!" and leave it be. They add, "Cape sucks, you gonna upgrade the cape?" or "Head's inaccurate. You need to hit up Adam for a screen accurate headsculpt!" IMHO, that's bull____. Let the collector enjoy their purchase and if they ask, offer it. Let them enjoy it and go open and close the door and slide the chain back and forth 44 times. It's bad enough we have to get force-fed the stuff by skipping over the OCD thread titles coming into the DC forum, but the bullying outside of the custom threads is finally starting to take it's toll.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

:dunno

I think we lose sight sometimes that this is just a hobby

I can see why it annoys you, people never being happy with their stuff. Though I don't agree with the bullying part, if anything, people are mentioning the "aftermarket" parts in goodwill I think. Helping out other collectors improve (or not, down to opinion) their stuff.

That's not up to the OCD though. That should be up to the collector. But just about every post I've seen in the past week, with someone buying an OC Batman, has some trolling fanboy not even letting them enjoy the figure and the stock pics before telling them to upgrade it with a better cape or Adam's headsculpt. Again, let the dudes enjoy their ____. It's not like they don't have to fish through all the BS custom threads to find the OC Bats photo thread anyway. If they ask, offer. If not, some people need to take a deep breath and go wash their hands 22 times with a fresh bar of soap each wash.

But just about every post I've seen in the past week, with someone buying an OC Batman, has some trolling fanboy not even letting them enjoy the figure and the stock pics before telling them to upgrade it with a better cape or Adam's headsculpt.

Actually most of the people buying the OC Batman recently have done it with the intent of ditching the original head and buying Adam's sculpt for it.

:monkey3

Just sayin.

Psh, I bought mine years ago and have no intent on swapping heads and/or selling parts.

I will sell it when I start seeing rubber deterioration though. :lecture

Guess what guys,

I'm Batman.

you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

Have you considered picking up a TDK OC head to pop on that body?

They will become widely available here when Adam's head comes out.

perhaps........ you're giving me yours right? :panic:

out of curiousity, does anyone have pictures of the TDK OC head on the BB body?

Back