Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me that finds that to be a bit weird? We've seen a couple pics of Adams head but somehow it's widely assumed that it will be far superior to the stock OC head. I mean, we haven't even seen it on a body yet, have we?:dunno

Why do you question the babble of OCD nutbags? :dunno

I see your point flosi, but it's also not hard to see how good Adam's head is! I'd be very suprised if seeing it on a body made it look any different.

I see your point flosi, but it's also not hard to see how good Adam's head is! I'd be very suprised if seeing it on a body made it look any different.

I dunno Platty. :dunno It looks cool but I can't see planning to sell my existing head, not that I would, till I see it on the body... It also might just be the big difference in the rabid Batman-Nolanverse fanbase. I love Batman and I think this figure is perfect as is, but some are ALWAYS looking to improve every aspect of every character.

I know I'm probably totally hypocritical (just coming from Baloo's custom Predator biomask thread, an expensive modification that I'm planning to buy into) but damn just seeing the title of the thread 'Movie accurate 1/6 scale Joker Socks' cracks me up.

I know I'm probably totally hypocritical (just coming from Baloo's custom Predator biomask thread, an expensive modification that I'm planning to buy into) but damn just seeing the title of the thread 'Movie accurate 1/6 scale Joker Socks' cracks me up.

:lecture I noticed that thread was seeing some action today and it made me LOL. To each their own but at some point it all just becomes overkill/OCD to me.:dunno

I dunno Platty. :dunno It looks cool but I can't see planning to sell my existing head, not that I would, till I see it on the body... It also might just be the big difference in the rabid Batman-Nolanverse fanbase. I love Batman and I think this figure is perfect as is, but some are ALWAYS looking to improve every aspect of every character.
I've seen this brought up quite a bit lately, some people are really starting to get bored of all the Nolan bats stuff! :lol :panic:

Also, I agree, I don't think many will sell the OC head either. I can see a lot of people who buy adam's sculpt being stuck on what to do with it!

I've seen this brought up quite a bit lately, some people are really starting to get bored of all the Nolan bats stuff! :lol :panic:

Also, I agree, I don't think many will sell the OC head either. I can see a lot of people who buy adam's sculpt being stuck on what to do with it!

Yeah, it was the potential selling of the stock head that I was questioning when Maglor said:

They will become widely available here when Adam's head comes out.

That just makes no sense to me... Buy a new head, get it painted up and pop it on the body but why sell the original??

The problem is people don't say, "Wow cool! Glad you scored an awesome figure!" and leave it be. They add, "Cape sucks, you gonna upgrade the cape?" or "Head's inaccurate. You need to hit up Adam for a screen accurate headsculpt!" IMHO, that's bull____. Let the collector enjoy their purchase and if they ask, offer it. Let them enjoy it and go open and close the door and slide the chain back and forth 44 times. It's bad enough we have to get force-fed the stuff by skipping over the OCD thread titles coming into the DC forum, but the bullying outside of the custom threads is finally starting to take it's toll.

I wonder whats its gonna be like with the Nicholson Jokers and Keaton Batman.

There's already a Nicholson Joker sculpt. It looks pretty good, though people in the thread are already claiming that Hot Toys won't be able to surpass it.

Kind of messed up considering the Hot Toys version hasn't been shown yet.

Yeah, it was the potential selling of the stock head that I was questioning when Maglor said:

That just makes no sense to me... Buy a new head, get it painted up and pop it on the body but why sell the original??

Why doesn't that make sense?

If I truly believe a custom head is superior to the stock and based on that belief buy a custom head, and then reconfirm that notion once comparing in hand, then unless I have another body or alternate use for the head, why wouldn't I sell it and recoup some of the cost of buying the custom?

Why doesn't that make sense?

If I truly believe a custom head is superior to the stock and based on that belief buy a custom head, and then reconfirm that notion once comparing in hand, then unless I have another body or alternate use for the head, why wouldn't I sell it and recoup some of the cost of buying the custom?

I'm not telling you that you shouldn't do whatever you please with your spare head. If it's surplus to your requirements than by all means sell it off.

In the way that you might obsess over the minutia of every Batman related figure as it relates to movie accuracy I also would obsess over having an incomplete MMS figure. It's more or less a fundamental difference between certain 1/6th collectors. :peace

I'm not telling you that you shouldn't do whatever you please with your spare head. If it's surplus to your requirements than by all means sell it off.

In the way that you might obsess over the minutia of every Batman related figure as it relates to movie accuracy I also would obsess over having an incomplete MMS figure. It's more or less a fundamental difference between certain 1/6th collectors. :peace

The avatar should tell you every thing you need to know bud. Unless you like conversing with walls? :huh

:lecture I noticed that thread was seeing some action today and it made me LOL. To each their own but at some point it all just becomes overkill/OCD to me.:dunno

I would agree if it wasn't for the Nurse Joker. Right now the only thing I can use for the Nurse are the Medi socks, which are basically in pastel.

And unlike the differences between the Ht OC head and Adam's head, there is a huuuuge difference between the HT socks and the custom socks. Plus it's a relatively cheep mod. :dunno

I'm somewhere in between.

I bought Adam's Jack Nicholson head. It's a bit of a gamble, but I personally think that Hot Toys will not capture him as well. However, I would not be able to bring myself to sell the stock head for the reason you said. I like to keep my figures as complete as possible. And when I modify something I try to buy a replacement part so that I know I still have the complete package, even if I'll never use that part. :cuckoo:

And as far as an OC head goes, I'm just looking to improve my Takara "custom". I have the body bulked up to a nice size and the head looks tiny. I have yet to decide if I want to buy one of the HT OC heads that will become available or get Adam's head.

Back