Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering this is the photo shoot that resulted in my broken Batman (see my other thread if you're curious), I figured I may as well post the pics at least. :sick

I was experimenting with different lighting angles on a single pose for the most part, so a lot of them will look the same.

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

Good Lord, those are gorgeous shots SL, Thanks Buddy! :clap :blackbat

Thanks, pjam. Hopefully, I'll be able to provide more if Toys2 can fix/replace the figure. If not, I may be able to get some poses out of it, but they won't reach the figure's potential.

On the brighter side, I'll be experimenting with lighting on the Joker this weekend. :banana

Great shots, Sithlord!!!

Hard lighting really works well for Batman. Love those shots, very crisp too!

It's nice that the image thread has returned to images. :)

They're nothing compared to your new "Red Room" series!!!

Seriously, Wor-Gar, you found a superior replacement for the "Kinky Kitchen". All future photos need to be shot in that room!!!

But thank you for the kind words. :)

great pics Sithlord, love how the lights bring the best out of the sculpt. Hot toys really outdid themselves this time around. I wonder if the breakage issues in the previous posting is an isolated thingy.

Here's a set of three that illustrates just how much difference lighting can make on this figure in terms of mood and the matte vs. glossiness of the suit.

Also, it proved that I could still get some free-standing poses out of it even with the broken leg (which Eric at Toys2 is going to exchange when the second wave arrives). You can't see it because of the shadows, but he's in a walking pose similar to Wor-Gar's Joker pics.

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

Hey sith is there a reason you swapped the gauntlets around?

Yeah, simple reason.

I didn't notice I put them on backwards!! :duh

I removed them when I was inspecting the broken leg so that I didn't snap the spikes by accident. I just didn't realize the patterns were wrong when I put them back on the arms.

And to think of how much pics I shot tonight with them on the wrong arms... :monkey2

Oh well! :banana

Last round of pics for now. I spliced together some of my Joker and Batman shots for these. Actual resolution is 1440x900 (same as my monitor).

TDKbanner01.jpg

TDKbanner02.jpg

TDKbanner03.jpg

Some fantastic pics there Sith Lord, and Wor-Gar those 'red room' shots were great.
Just sent my review off to Michael. Here are a few pics for it-

Did you spot the deliberate mistake... OK, OK, just mistake!

Bpose3.jpg

Bpose2.jpg

batsnsupes.jpg

BWbatsuit2.jpg

BWhead2.jpg

BWhead5.jpg

Jhead2.jpg

BJ2.jpg

manglerdetail1.jpg

Last edited:
Some fantastic pics there Sith Lord, and Wor-Gar those 'red room' shots were great.
Just sent my review off to Michael. Here are a few pics for it-

Did you spot the deliberate mistake... OK, OK, just mistake!

Bpose3.jpg

Bpose2.jpg

batsnsupes.jpg

BWbatsuit2.jpg

BWhead2.jpg

BWhead5.jpg

Jhead2.jpg

BJ2.jpg

manglerdetail1.jpg

The last few pages have some incredibly awesome pictures, POSTER WORTHY Material!

Is that thing on his hand the wrong way around? :monkey1

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

It's on the completely wrong hand. That's the mistake.

Although I can't say much seeing as how the vast majority of the pics I posted last night and this morning have the gauntlets on the wrong arms (the raised grid patterns should be on the underside).

Back