Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

They're nothing compared to your new "Red Room" series!!!

Seriously, Wor-Gar, you found a superior replacement for the "Kinky Kitchen". All future photos need to be shot in that room!!!

But thank you for the kind words. :)

Thanks for that, Sithlord -- I'll definitely get more use out of that Red Room -- but your latest series of shots really is amazing!

Glad to hear you're getting a replacement Batman too. Although you can't even tell it's broken in your pics.

I love the ones below, you can really see how light effects the figure's appearance like in the films:

Here's a set of three that illustrates just how much difference lighting can make on this figure in terms of mood and the matte vs. glossiness of the suit.

Also, it proved that I could still get some free-standing poses out of it even with the broken leg (which Eric at Toys2 is going to exchange when the second wave arrives). You can't see it because of the shadows, but he's in a walking pose similar to Wor-Gar's Joker pics.

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

Great stuff you guys, you've got my gears spinning as to how I can step up my game, you guys are achieving some great things with these figures that I'm just not getting yet.

Glad to hear you're getting a replacement Batman too. Although you can't even tell it's broken in your pics.

Thank heavens for that on both counts. I don't know exactly when they want me to ship Batman back (I'm assuming ASAP), so I figure I might as well get in as many shots as possible before the long wait.

is there any difference except for the shinyness between the two gaunlets?

how about the link between the gaunlet and the 'blades' itself, it seems there are some more details on the hot toys gaunlet than on the takara? or am I mistaken?

?? somebody

A couple shots in different light. I had the AC blowing, which allowed his cape to flow and billow when I took these, but the photo effect was minimal, although it is a very cool Live pose to use...

bats1.jpg

Same pose, different light
bats2.jpg

Same light, different pose
bats3.jpg

Last edited:
Love that b.g. Sean.

Yeah, I can't get over how well done this figure is. I think it's an absolute Classic. This suit photographs so well, and comes off looking different in differing lighting as so many have mentioned. I just wanted to post my shiny vs. matte shots.

It is a Gorgeous figure and has a badass "attitude" presence, I love it.

And you know what else?...

I haven't once even thought about that whole neck issue harangue once I received it. Never entered my mind, in hand or in the most recent pics posted. It is absolutely in scale. Anyway, that melted away.

I have no problems posing it either, yes, the suit bunches in places but so did the real suit, I've seen plenty of stills showing that although I wish it wouldn't bunch or fold as much in the shoulder area. Also had no problems with the wrist peg, just be careful pulling them out and you should be okay.

The TDK Suit will have an even badder ass presence to it I think. But I love Classic representations, and with my getting the Tumbler, this piece is now one of my favorite figures. It just looks damn good from every angle.

HT did a wonderful job on it...

Last edited:
I have no problems posing it either, yes, the suit buncjhes in places but so did the real suit, I've seen plenty of still showing that although i wish it wouldn't bunch or fold as much in the shoulder area. Also had no problems with the wrist peg, just be careful pulling them out and you should be okay.

This is my favorite part of the figure. I pose it more than most so I can see it being a mute issue for some, but the poseability is great. I thought Takara pulled off some good posing, but there arms are weaker than the resistance of the rubber suit so they tend not to hold. Your range is slightly more limited with the HT suit, but because it's thinner, the TT body is the stronger and it holds and pose you put it in, which is great. Also, yes, the suit does bunch up for real. Flipping through some promo shots the other day, I found one where the shoulder actually wrinkled much like my figure, which was even more reassuring.

This is my favorite part of the figure. I pose it more than most so I can see it being a mute issue for some, but the poseability is great. I thought Takara pulled off some good posing, but there arms are weaker than the resistance of the rubber suit so they tend not to hold. Your range is slightly more limited with the HT suit, but because it's thinner, the TT body is the stronger and it holds and pose you put it in, which is great. Also, yes, the suit does bunch up for real. Flipping through some promo shots the other day, I found one where the shoulder actually wrinkled much like my figure, which was even more reassuring.

Yep, sure did, even the leg area folded quite a bit, but the legs on this are perfect. I don't mind the cape either, I had it blowing around in that pose (see last pic, the right edge is "in rem", curling in the breeze there) and it drapes well and it is made of a lighter material than the V1 cape. That cape had a heavier exterior material too.

I DO wish it could drape better over the shoulders but I don't remember too many scenes where Bale wore it that way, as opposed to the Keaton Cape per se.

I DO wish it could drape better over the shoulders but I don't remember too many scenes where Bale wore it that way, as opposed to the Keaton Cape per se.

I fixed that some, haven't taken any pics yet though. If you do it very carefully, turn the cape towards the middle of his body a bit, then spin the clips back to their normal position, helps quite a bit I think, but again, just be cautious while you're moving it around. It exposes the opening in the back a bit, but who's going to notice that. That's the one issue I have with the cape really, that hole in the back, it should have been made to come all the way up under the cowl.

That's my problem with the figure. The clasps are in the wrong area. They are too far back.

Guys, don't you think the Bale head is an excellent candidate to kitbash a certain Cleric from the movie Equilibrium?:chew

Back