Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I absolutely love the V1 Joker sculpt.

If I end up getting Bank Robber Joker, I really don't think I'll use the extra head on my V1 Joker. No, it's not as movie accurate as what we're getting in a few months' time, but it is an amazing depiction of "The Joker" as a character and, in Nolan's words, a "force of nature"

To me, the look of the V1 Joker is perfect as is.

And so is the look of Bank Robber Joker. They are two completely different entities IMO.

If I were just a buyer of figures and didn't use them for artistic purposes, I'd probably be hating on the v1 after seeing the v2. However, for the purpose of creating art with the figure, v1 head, as I felt the day I placed my order, is perfect for capturing something powerful in photos and graphic works. v2 looks like a perfect little Ledger, but the particular emotion of the face isn't as conducive to creativity to me, so it's sole value for me is it's replication of the screen, but no added value for my work.

If I were just a buyer of figures and didn't use them for artistic purposes, I'd probably be hating on the v1 after seeing the v2. However, for the purpose of creating art with the figure, v1 head, as I felt the day I placed my order, is perfect for capturing something powerful in photos and graphic works. v2 looks like a perfect little Ledger, but the particular emotion of the face isn't as conducive to creativity to me, so it's sole value for me is it's replication of the screen, but no added value for my work.

Then if you have them both …you’re good. :D

:naughty

poster3.jpg

Surprisingly , I got the exact same figure today lol.
Luckily I managed to sell him. Wouldn't of known what to do with two of em. :lol

What's all the fuss about with the colour? It looks like they nailed it.

thejokerclip5eh0.jpg

thejokerclip4ii6.jpg

thejokerclip3ih1.jpg

The fuss is that essentially, the HT coat reflects Joker's coat as seen under night conditions, but the fabric should be a color closer to the true costume so depending on your room lighting, it'll look differently. The base color should be more like this, and the jack just won't achieve that under normal lighting.

TDK14.jpg

The other nit is that there seems to be some variations as to how dark or light the coats came out and those with darker want to feel assured it's a matter of chance and that they didn't lose out getting one early with later ones being different shades.

In those last pics of the Joker V1 figure..is he missing a button on the vest? that would piss me off bad if i had one come like that..though if i found the button in the tray, then i would be half pissed still lol.

He has only three buttons. For some reason, he is missing the second button down. Part of the design I guess.

And GREAT posters you are doing Sean! Just awesome!

Back