Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going to repaint the face, do not paint the upper lip of his mouth. only the lower lip should be red

Yes, I discovered that myself. There's a little bit of red on the upper lip, but it shouldn't go past the area where a woman might wear lipstick. The bottom lip is pretty messy though, even when his makeup was in relatively good shape.

Will this nurse uniform fit on the Hot Toys body? I hope so cause I just ordered a set.

There is an easy fix -- I think I figured it out.

The dress, as is, is a very tight fit

BUT

If you simply relocate the belt clasp closer to the other one it will give you an additional 1/4" to work with, that should be enough. You can also remove the belt clasps and replace them with a velcro strip inside the belt.

You are all very welcome. :D

Will this nurse uniform fit on the Hot Toys body? I hope so cause I just ordered a set.

Doubt it. Hot Toys tend to have really broad shoulders and the dress was made for a female figure. You would probably have to remove some "excess" plastic on the HT body.

I'm just going to put it on the Dragon body to keep him looking slim. Now just to try and print out a tiny "I believe in Harvey Dent" sticker for him. :lol

I'm just going to put it on the Dragon body to keep him looking slim. Now just to try and print out a tiny "I believe in Harvey Dent" sticker for him. :lol

It doesn't wuite fit on a Dragon body either without modifications. You might need to move the snaps at the waist in order for it to work.

It doesn't wuite fit on a Dragon body either without modifications. You might need to move the snaps at the waist in order for it to work.

hmm... I could do that. I will probably superglue the clothing shut anyway, so that will work. Should be a pretty hilarious custom. :lol

hmm... I could do that. I will probably superglue the clothing shut anyway, so that will work. Should be a pretty hilarious custom. :lol

I just gave mine the water treatment, stretched it out as wide as I could. That with a snap relocation will help as well. Dragon body is a must here.. and maybe have the Joker wear a white T underneath will also help hide stuff... he did wear one in the film..

Also the Joker Nurse belt seemed to be a flat white piece so maybe making a new one to wrap it around with some mods will give it a better look.

The only thing is the lack of wig for his hair....It'd be neat if someone sculpted that head or if a suitable wig could be found.

https://www.audreysdolls.com/item.c...1&fieldnames=Monique&subcatID=227&catalogID=5

This website has great little wigs at great prices. Look around and make sure this is the best one, this is the one I would get to do it. Get a size 4, that's a Barbie sized wig. This seller is great, I have purchased from them multiple times. These wigs fit Cy Girls nicely, too! :banana

These pics are getting me so excited to get this figure. One thing I'm confused about though is that I was on some other message board where they were comparing the Hot Toys figure with the DC Direct one, and it seemed like a large portion of people posting, while they found the Hot Toys one to be much more detailed, seemed to prefer the likeness of the DC Direct over this. ARE THEY INSANE? The Hot Toys one looks sooo much better, not to mention the fact that you can barely tell it's Heath Ledger in the movie. No offense to anyone who owns it, but I personally think that in comparison the DC figure is pure crap! I even saw it in person and decided that I wasn't going to buy it simply because it was not worth the money. I am most definitely planning on getting this one even at more than twice the price. My guess is that those posts were the ramblings of people trying to justify their purchase. I mean look at the resemblance after just a quick photoshop job to re-color it and remove the scarring:

ht_joker11.jpg

Last edited:
These pics are getting me so excited to get this figure. One thing I'm confused about though is that I was on some other message board where they were comparing the Hot Toys figure with the DC Direct one, and it seemed like a large portion of people posting, while they found the Hot Toys one to be much more detailed, seemed to prefer the likeness of the DC Direct over this. ARE THEY INSANE? The Hot Toys one looks sooo much better, not to mention the fact that you can barely tell it's Heath Ledger in the movie. No offense to anyone who owns it, but I personally think that in comparison the DC figure is pure crap! I even saw it in person and decided that I wasn't going to buy it simply because it was not worth the money. I am most definitely planning on getting this one even at more than twice the price. My guess is that those posts were the ramblings of people trying to justify their purchase. I mean look at the resemblance after just a quick photoshop job to re-color it and remove the scarring:

ht_joker11.jpg

Hey mattman, Welcome! :welcome

Aren't you the Dude who makes real fur Chewie?

Anyways, the DC Joker is an actual scan of Ledger, so the features are more accurate. The prob is the hair is all wrong (matted down).

We've all been down this road before.

I would really prefer the DC Jokers Guys get their own thread instead of bichin about the HT Fig here just as we're about to get them.

They are shackling our Buzz. :lol

Thanks drizzle. Size 4, are you sure? Joker has a big noggin. Bigger than Barbie.

Yeah, I would go size 4. It has some "wiggle room". You need to dremel or trim off Joker's long locks for a good fit, though. You know, his hair was very slicked back and hidden while wearing the wig.
Good luck with it! :)

Hey mattman, Welcome! :welcome

Anyways, the DC Joker is an actual scan of Ledger, so the features are more accurate. The prob is the hair is all wrong (matted down).

I'm with you here. That's just one reason why I would not want a DC Direct one. That rat-tail like strand of hair across his forehead just looks bad.

I also dislike that DCD went 13 inches with their stuff instead of 12. Also, the figures with big muscles have cuts in the middle of the muscles that look awful when twisted at certain angles. I however, like the Hot Toys body about as much as any 12 inch body out there. I also still like Dragon bodies for "regular build" people.

Okay, that's my rant, I'm done. I'm pretty sure this is more posts in one day than I have ever done...:banana

I thought this photo I took in low light turned out cool. (And yes, it's a repaint, in case someone came in late.)

ht_joker22.jpg

That is EASILY the best repaint of that head I have seen. I will be using your photo as a guide to repainting the extra Joker head I purchased.

Good repaint. The HT sculpt looks like it has too many wringles in the face, or at least they are too deep.

Back