Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im trying to preorder this figure, trying to talk with someone from another board that has some site or something and was getting in an order from hot toys....didnt read the old post, it was a second chance post kinda.

Either way the figure looks pretty good and hope that I can get a preorder for him. BUT I am gonna have to sell a few things Subject 1025, Subject 805, and maybe HT Hudson.

I thought this photo I took in low light turned out cool. (And yes, it's a repaint, in case someone came in late.)

ht_joker22.jpg

I take it that's Les' Work right...

Remember for the Nurse Custom he needs to have almost a full facepaint in order to be accurate, it was during a reapplication period. The heavy HT facepaint actually works better for that scene just needs a darker eye region:

NurseJoker2.jpg

NurseJoker.jpg

I take it that's Les' Work right...

That's very flattering, but no I just did it myself. It's not a full repaint -- just a touch-up to the makeup. I did have to repaint some of the white greasepaint parts as well, because my initial attempt at the lipstick was too heavy-handed and smeary.

It'd be great if one could track down the correct Nurse's suit with pink collar or I wonder how difficult it'd be to alter one....the pins would be nice to have as well...

NurseJoker5.jpg

NurseJoker4.jpg

That's very flattering, but no I just did it myself. It's not a full repaint -- just a touch-up to the makeup. I did have to repaint some of the white greasepaint parts as well, because my initial attempt at the lipstick was too heavy-handed and smeary.

WoW!! Great job man, looks Killer!!:D

Yeah, I would go size 4. It has some "wiggle room". You need to dremel or trim off Joker's long locks for a good fit, though. You know, his hair was very slicked back and hidden while wearing the wig.
Good luck with it! :)

Thanks. I'm not gonna do any hair trimming though, the wig has to be more of a novelty thing with me as I want him posed without wig mostly.

Just have to figure out which color to order. Hmm...

Last edited:
More close ups:
NurseJoker6-1.jpg

NurseJoker7.jpg

Don't forget the White buckled belt and the all important Black socks and White shoes:

NurseJoker8.jpg

NurseJoker9.jpg

Agreed but most will not go that extra mile either because they don't know how or don't feel its all that worth it. The first Nurse Joker custom I see that matches the film perfectly that ain't HT's I will bow to.

I'm not saying it isn't a good job, I'm just saying it doesn't look like Les' work and that his would be a total repaint. You gotta give the man credit, he is good at what he does.

I'm guessing it is just a partial repaint? Eyes and lipstick mostly? It certainly makes it better looking that the factory paint. Miles better over what I could do that is for sure.

I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. :eek:

Well, it's just that I already explained about it a page or two back and said it was very flattering to be compared to him, so to come out and say it like that just seemed a little tactless. (For the record, I readily agree that his would be miles better than mine).

Last edited:
Well, it's just that I already explained about it a page or two back and said it was very flattering to be compared to him, so to come out and say it like that just seemed a little tactless. (For the record, I readily agree that his would be miles better than mine).

Yeah, I wasn't exactly a poet when I wrote that :lol :eek:

And for the record, YOURS would be miles better than mine. If you want a good laugh check out the first few pages of my customs thread! :rotfl And it is indeed an honor that people are compairing your work to Les', that means it IS really good.

I would like to see some more pics in different lighting

Hey Man, The repaint Looks Great, thats all that counts!!!!:rock2

icruise, just visited your custom thread. Consider my original statement removed! You really got some sweet painting skills! I still can't believe what you were able to get out of that Dick Van Dyke sculpt. To get something that good out of a headsculpt like that takes true talent! :bow

Back