Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No hard feelings :peace

I do have this shot in better lighting. There is a little extra white in his hair, since I liked the idea of his greasepaint smearing into the hair a bit, but I realized after I took this that the strong lighting from above makes it look like there's more than there really is. It's actually pretty subtle in person.

ht_joker24.jpg

I do have this shot in better lighting. There is a little extra white in his hair, since I liked the idea of his greasepaint smearing into the hair a bit, but I realized after I took this that the strong lighting from above makes it look like there's more than there really is. It's actually pretty subtle in person.

ht_joker24.jpg

:rock :peace :rock :peace :rock :peace

I thought this photo I took in low light turned out cool. (And yes, it's a repaint, in case someone came in late.)

ht_joker22.jpg

THATS IT MAN! DEAD ON! Perfect! Thats exacly what im doing! No pointy eye make up that ends up on the forhead, no super runny lipstick, thats it. :banana:naughty

ht_joker24.jpg

Looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!

hey everyone, looks like my hot toys joker will be coming in tomorrow. i want to do a little touch up aps, but this is my first 12 inch! i used to attempt and customize my figures when I was younger, using super sculpy because I read about it in toyfare :) I'm not too bad with my hands so I thought I'd give it a try.

so any advice on what type of paints to use, brushes and general technique hints? if this is better off in another thread, id appreciate a link.

hey everyone, looks like my hot toys joker will be coming in tomorrow. i want to do a little touch up aps, but this is my first 12 inch! i used to attempt and customize my figures when I was younger, using super sculpy because I read about it in toyfare :) I'm not too bad with my hands so I thought I'd give it a try.

so any advice on what type of paints to use, brushes and general technique hints? if this is better off in another thread, id appreciate a link.

This is your first 12" figure.:horror
well its one of the best to start the collection.:D

Re: Hot Toys Joker Picture Thread

I had already come to that conclusion, but thanks for your help.

Hope your head's ok. :)

I thought that you were the one with the sore head as you just dont know a good fig when it is plastered infront of you............I guess that we will all have to wait with anticipation until you post some pics of your attempt at this fig../...And by the way my head is fine thanks for asking though...:rolleyes:

IS anyone ever happy with anything that is made on this board??????:confused::confused::confused:

No I get ya. That was a total mock at people who throw that catchphrase around....its annoying now. (Yes I relize its in my avatar.....) anyway, yeah, you want my advice?

"You people need to lighten up."

No I get ya. That was a total mock at people who throw that catchphrase around....its annoying now. (Yes I relize its in my avatar.....) anyway, yeah, you want my advice?

"You people need to lighten up."

And this i can totally agree with... Well Said Celticp :clap I actually posted something about annoying comments on this board in another thread a few days back ........... These are collectors toys .. not life like reincantations.... No offence intended to those who are legitiment....:D

Cheers Fett1...............PS your avatar is cool..

This is not the thread to say that but today arrived my Dc Joker figure and is really amazing.

Also i am wating for my Hot toys joker.

This is not the thread to say that but today arrived my Dc Joker figure and is really amazing.

Also i am wating for my Hot toys joker.

Cool i am going to be picking this fig up soon i hope, I just mist out on it at a local comic store last week.......... Glad to see you are also getting the HT version.... These are some awesome figs.......:D

Its almost like the Joker looks like such a mess in the film, that its really hard to capture that in a figure. HT did an admirable job, but the perfect Joker figure is going to be in the hands of the customizers.

Cool i am going to be picking this fig up soon i hope, I just mist out on it at a local comic store last week.......... Glad to see you are also getting the HT version.... These are some awesome figs.......:D

Yes, that´s the question, why not buy all? (Dc and Hot Toys), they all have their good and bad things.

Its almost like the Joker looks like such a mess in the film, that its really hard to capture that in a figure. HT did an admirable job, but the perfect Joker figure is going to be in the hands of the customizers.

On thing I've notice that no portrait seems to feature, probably because it's not noticeable in promo images, is that in the movie, it almost looks like they gave extra prosthetic to his upper lip and cheek area. Particularly the interrogation scene, when he's telling Batman how Gotham will treat him, his lower lip sinks back under his upper and even his jawline some, almost like his lower jaw is from a smaller head than his own, and that look was fairly prominent in a few scenes.

To Ledger's credit, his performance comes as much from facial expression as dialogue.

As much as I'm glad to get the HT figures on the heels of the movie, but at the same time, I think of Hot Toys had been able to watch Ledger's performance, we'd get a totally different, better headsculpt. Not saying what we're getting is bad, but it's more like a kickass promo image Joker figure, with room to make a kickass movie Joker figure if that makes sense. In that capacity, I hope they make a second figure of Joker just to see what they come up with post film. After Cannibal Jack, I have great faith in their ability to capture character in their portraits, and I think the little lack of it in this figure is because they didn't have the performance to go off of at the time it was made, just the concept of Joker and the press photos supplied by WB.

As much as I'm glad to get the HT figures on the heels of the movie, but at the same time, I think of Hot Toys had been able to watch Ledger's performance, we'd get a totally different, better headsculpt. Not saying what we're getting is bad, but it's more like a kickass promo image Joker figure, with room to make a kickass movie Joker figure if that makes sense. In that capacity, I hope they make a second figure of Joker just to see what they come up with post film. After Cannibal Jack, I have great faith in their ability to capture character in their portraits, and I think the little lack of it in this figure is because they didn't have the performance to go off of at the time it was made, just the concept of Joker and the press photos supplied by WB.

100 x 100 agree with you. We are all waiting for another joker figure. But at the moment the Hot Toys Joker is the most amazing figure.

ht_joker24.jpg

VERY cool repaint, and I defend your use of colors and smeared greasepaint look. There is no end to one's personal touches on this one.

And I agree Maulfan, that had they seen the movie, then adaptations would have surely been there. This one is too evil looking, more a characture of evil, ala Regan McNeil in The Exorcist a tad, and Ledger's features are less wrinkled and smoother, generally, than this, BUT, it is still cool. I like what you did with it icruise. :rock

Back