Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mind arrived unexpectly last night from ABC Express... Don't you love it when that happens!
DSC02580.jpg

DSC02584-1.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

You wish Joker woulda nuked Gotham?

:horror

That's about the only way he could've caused an inferno like that. Or if he'd infiltrated and wired every building in the city.

While it's clearly not realistic or practical, I imagine that such destruction was his greatest wish and darkest fantasy. TDK Viewing #6 was the inspiration for that piece.

That's about the only way he could've caused an inferno like that. Or if he'd infiltrated and wired every building in the city.

While it's clearly not realistic or practical, I imagine that such destruction was his greatest wish and darkest fantasy. TDK Viewing #6 was the inspiration for that piece.

I don't think so, thats not Anarchy! and thats not sending a Message! Thats killing EVERYTHING.

You wish Joker woulda nuked Gotham?

:horror

Yep. :D

For once I just want to see the hero lose. In real life the hero doesn't always win. We got that to a degree with
Spoiler Spoiler:
, but it just wasn't the same as not saving the entire city like he did. I would have loved if
Spoiler Spoiler:

And Cr0w, OPEN UP YOUR DCUC FIGURES! MY GRUNDY NEEDS A ROBIN ARM!

SOLOMON GRUNDY WANT ARMS TOO!

dsc00515rz9.jpg

what did you use to apply the paint?

Basically, for the most part I just did washes. Got a little paint on the brush, dipped it in water, wiped it off until there was just a little bit on there, and brushed it over the details, such as the brow and around the eyes, letting it stick and fill in creases and lines and such and applying a small amount of paint over even areas to give it a smeared look.

For the lips, I went over the scars and lips with a dark red, then washed a lighter red over it and along the details on the edges of the scars and lips. Then I just dabbed gloss varnish over the lips to make it look like he'd been licking them.

Basically, for the most part I just did washes. Got a little paint on the brush, dipped it in water, wiped it off until there was just a little bit on there, and brushed it over the details, such as the brow and around the eyes, letting it stick and fill in creases and lines and such and applying a small amount of paint over even areas to give it a smeared look.

For the lips, I went over the scars and lips with a dark red, then washed a lighter red over it and along the details on the edges of the scars and lips. Then I just dabbed gloss varnish over the lips to make it look like he'd been licking them.

thanks man, if I am feeling brave enough tomorrow I will give it a go :rock

I was thinking of posing mine with his business card (Joker card) in his hand right before he leaves the meeting with all the gangsters. (Magic trick scene)

I don't think so, thats not Anarchy! and thats not sending a Message! Thats killing EVERYTHING.

His message was "Everything burns"

The screenplay for Dark Knight contained several themes and motifs that ran throughout the movie. I interpreted Joker's above-mentioned message as being linked with Alfred's assessment that "some men just want to watch the world burn"

I got mine today as well, I would do pictures but all I have is a camera phone since my brother is using his nikon as collateral for a loan.

It's actually possible to get the collar correct with a bit of work. Basically it is to small to fit entirely around the neck, but if you move the tie up and then tug at the shirt under the tie to bring the collar down it'll make the sides of the collar look closer and while it's a bit awkward behind the tie with the shirt, you can't see that anyways so it doesn't matter.

Back