Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just couldn't resist posting another Joker pic :chew
eviljokerwn0.jpg

hey spoongirl, nice to see you finally got your joker and not an empty box, btw, nice picture.......looks as though he just licked his lips like in the movie and great job on the eyes! :rock

Spent the last hour or so FUTZING. Not sure all my work really made a huge difference since he comes so nice out of the box, but...

Jokerfutz8.jpg

Jokerfutz6.jpg

Jokerfutz5.jpg

It was nice to explore the outfit though -- such bits of detail lost: the belt, the chain latch, the real pants pockets, the back of the vest, the jacket lining (not just the coat)... really an amazing little outfit here.

It's hard to get the vest just right, 'cause then you got to put the jacket on and start futzing again, then that sits right and you gotta put the overcoat on... good thing he's a messy dresser in the movie. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean WG, I have dressed and undress him about 10 times and no matter how much futzing you can never really get him just right. Just to many layers of thick clothing in such a small scale.

I am pretty damned impressed with the tailoring though, second to none, Hot Toys is amazing with costuming:rock

haha, no kidding!

we were at K-Mart(i know :( ) the other day and it was standing there for me to drink in all it's glory!!1

Uno mas...

Jokerfutz10.jpg

:clap Bravo WG, I've taught you well. (reference to our other photo discussion, you know what I mean) Great pose, excellent lighting, love the appearance of his face the way you caught him in the lighting, one of the nicest shots mixing the spirit of the character and the aesthetics of the figure.

Thank you yautja, and thank you Maulfan! With the amount of high quality photos in this thread, that's high compliment indeed.

I'm liking the effect of the hard lighting.

Still trying to make it look like Joker's marching toward you, ready to cut ya up!

And here... we... GO!

Jokerfutz15.jpg

Jokerfutz11.jpg

Jokerfutz13.jpg

How different he looks depending on how much of that sliver of light hits him.

When the sun goes down a bit, and the light goes orange, I should be able to get that "street fight" feel.

I'm liking the effect of the hard lighting.

Still trying to make it look like Joker's marching toward you, ready to cut ya up!

I think your new house is giving your photos a great edge, personally I find the lighting mix much more interesting than your kitchen, and judging from the fun I'm seeing in your photo shoots, you seem to be enjoying it too.

One thought to achieve the type of image you're looking for, try tilting the head down and keeping his arms closer to his sides. Based on how Joker approaches Batman after he crashes the Batpod, I imagine Joker would approach someone to cut them like that sort of like a quiet, stalking animal. Not gesturing his next move, almost hiding it, face down, eyes just looking up to keep them locked on his prey, knife out but not flashed to hide when and where the attack is coming from, and almost conveying a passive attitude in his stride, like maybe he's not coming to slit your throat.

I think your new house is giving your photos a great edge, personally I find the lighting mix much more interesting than your kitchen, and judging from the fun I'm seeing in your photo shoots, you seem to be enjoying it too.

One thought to achieve the type of image you're looking for, try tilting the head down and keeping his arms closer to his sides. Based on how Joker approaches Batman after he crashes the Batpod, I imagine Joker would approach someone to cut them like that sort of like a quiet, stalking animal. Not gesturing his next move, almost hiding it, face down, eyes just looking up to keep them locked on his prey, knife out but not flashed to hide when and where the attack is coming from, and almost conveying a passive attitude in his stride, like maybe he's not coming to slit your throat.

That's some tough homework... :)... but I'll try it. It's really tricky to get the right gate in his walk, the slouch, and the lean you make while shifting weight, and keep the figure standing on it's own...on carpet. :lol

And yeah, I am having fun trying new things at the new place. I still haven't found that ideal spot with good light for general out-of-the-box pics and compares yet... but from around 2:30 to about 5pm I get this light on the floor that's fun to use.

Back