Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, seriously, this new stand design has got to be the dumbest ^^^^ I've seen in a while. Who's bright idea was it to stick two prongs with black balls in between the figures legs? You can't put the figures legs together because the prongs are like damn Suzanne Summers Thigh Masters or something. They barely hold your figure in place and if you look at it from the side your figure looks like it's got a wire boner. Seriously Hot Toys, go back to the old stands please. Sorry. I had to get it out there.

Alright, seriously, this new stand design has got to be the dumbest ^^^^ I've seen in a while. Who's bright idea was it to stick two prongs with black balls in between the figures legs? You can't put the figures legs together because the prongs are like damn Suzanne Summers Thigh Masters or something. They barely hold your figure in place and if you look at it from the side your figure looks like it's got a wire boner. Seriously Hot Toys, go back to the old stands please. Sorry. I had to get it out there.

Conceptually, it was a nice effort, something better, especially for rubber figures like Batman, would be ideal, but this design missed the mark I'd say, it's aesthetically horrid.

SANY2137.jpg

well done you freaking rata!:D

I agree 100% , I'm gonna buy a hot toys stand for him I think.
I don't like this at all.

Anyway I got the figure today , everything is awesome except for the velcro crap which annoys me. It won't stay together either.

The head paint is terrible imo.
Needs fixing but since I have Les's on order I'm still on the wall whether to do it or not. :banana

Wow, we agree on something! :lol :fireworks

These "thighmaster" holders do indeed suck, I'm replacing mine too.:D

I can't stop fudging with the paint job I did, so I made the eyes a wee bit more subtle in terms of shading and added some white paint around his hairline to make the transition from paint to hair a little less jarring. Hopefully I can stop screwing with him now, but no promises.

headpaint1.jpg

headpaint2.jpg

headpaint3.jpg

headpaint4.jpg

I just got mine on Monday and I ordered way in advance. You should be fine. You can always email them and ask for an update on your order.

Not that they'll respond. I'm in the same boat having ordered May 22nd, never got a reply the multiple times I contacted them. Others here have said don't worry and wait, so I've all but written it off, maybe I'll be surprised one day with an e-mail saying I can convert to PayPal.

Nice King, very nice!

I did notice that one of his wrist spikes had fallen off! :horror But found it on the floor and it just pushes back in. I was worrid I'd broken it off.

That's funny, same thing with mine. Found the spike in the box and just popped it back into the slot on the gauntlet, now it's firm. Not even sure any of them are glued.

Back