Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they are all the same from the original release. Shows the broken cowl so looks like we will be getting the Bruce head sculpt as well. That I am sure will be all new.
If they don’t offer the glider wing cape it’ll be a pass for me again I think.

hot toys batman returns 452926034_892122296285117_4797065617599788508_n.jpg

I think it's exactly the same old figure, with so restrictive movement...

I think it's exactly the same old figure, with so restrictive movement...

This just looks like early prototype that's mostly a re-use of 1.0. We won't know what improvements are made until later. The 89 2.0 at this event has better movement than the original DX09.

The only reason I'd consider double-dipping was if the skintone was a bit brighter this time around. That and an updated cape. The art deco gargoyle base is a nice touch, too. It's a rather iconic set piece, that I might remember more from the additional media (the many video games, etc.).

I've been thinking of selling my Returns Batman for the past few weeks. Now I regret not doing it earlier. :lol
Interested if you end up doing so! As much as I would want to wait for a 2.0 release I have fears this could end up in prototype purgatory and unfortunately fear is the mind killer

Not sure I'd need this with having the 89 2.0, but it is cool to potentially have another chance at this. I imagine they will do an updated unmasked Keaton sculpt given the poor reception of the previous one. With the reveal of this, I wonder if HT will reveal a Pfeiffer Cabwoman down the road to compete with Joost's figure and if so, will that tank Joost's sales?
They did already offer an improved Keaton sculpt under their brand extension (Mars Toys).
Yes, I said it. Mars is run by HT.

Mars is run by HT…??? 🤔
They aren’t, HT wouldn’t risk losing licensing opportunities by producing counterfeit, or association with those that do.

Side note, they really need to do something about the faceplate on the 1.0, I see Bruce Willis whenever I come across it. Not much faith in new faceplates.

IMG_3554.jpeg

So currently no closed mouth faceplate.

IMG_3748.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpeg

Last edited:
The left face plate above looks a lot like the face plate that on the head sculpt in that video too.

It’d be cool if they did a smiling faceplate like in the hit me scene.

So currently no closed mouth faceplate.

View attachment 720448

View attachment 720447
Does this not read as a closed mouth to you?
1723764514853.png

It’s got some heavy lining between the lips which are quite caricature-ish, and certainly not pursed tightly, but I think this is a closed mouth. I’d prefer a bit of a grimace though instead of voluptuous lips man.

I do like how Justin points out how HT have just lazily slapped the old suit on a larger body/ even though the chest tab no longer aligns with the Bat logo- and called it a day.

Back