Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this not read as a closed mouth to you?
I certainly like it better than the faceplate on the figure, though feel they’re all too similar, if one looks odd it’s possible the others will also.

This figure doesn’t look final by any means, we’ll see what they do with it but my hopes are low now.

Currently the head sculpt and mouth expressions all look the same as 1.0. They did the same thing with the 89 2.0 where they unveiled it by reusing dx09 head but then revealed the new head sculpts later. Wonder if it's the same case here.

528381-IMG-3554.jpeg

528993-IMG-3747.jpeg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman33__scaled_800.jpg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman32__scaled_800.jpg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman29__scaled_800.jpg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman28__scaled_800.jpg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman24__scaled_800.jpg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman25__scaled_800.jpg

hot toys batman returns Batman_Returns_Hot_Toys_Batman20__scaled_800.jpg

1989 2.0 reveal
hot toys batman 1989 2.0 prototype dx09 Batman-1989-Hot-Toys.png

1989 2.0 updated
hot toys batman 1989 2.0 prototype 526563-IMG-3045.jpeg

Last edited:
Justin says it's a new cowl and everything on that preview video he did. That he was staring at his 1.0 on the shelf and that they're different.

I'm not sure what I think about that but alright.

Justin says it's a new cowl and everything on that preview video he did. That he was staring at his 1.0 on the shelf and that they're different.

Justin doesn't double check his stuff and gets things wrong I've noticed :ROFLMAO: He said the HT She-hulk figure had the arms seamlessly attached to the body but then pictures came out that they're removeable. He literally had the figure in hand when he said that lol.

Justin doesn't double check his stuff and gets things wrong I've noticed :ROFLMAO: He said the HT She-hulk figure had the arms seamlessly attached to the body but then pictures came out that they're removeable. He literally had the figure in hand when he said that lol.
Yup! He actually blocked me from commenting on his YouTube reviews b/c I used to politely correct him on things that he got wrong in his reviews. He would first reply and deny that he was wrong. Then, he started deleting my comments outright. And, eventually I couldn’t comment any longer :lol

Yup! He actually blocked me from commenting on his YouTube reviews b/c I used to politely correct him on things that he got wrong in his reviews. He would first reply and deny that he was wrong. Then, he started deleting my comments. And, eventually I couldn’t comment any longer :lol

Wow, didn't know he was this type of youtuber :ROFLMAO:

The gothic Tim Burton Batman aesthetic was lost in the second suit due to its art deco vision, all down to the bat symbol.

I much prefer the more artistic, uncommon shape to the symbol in 1989.

It felt like you were on the set of Dracula, the castle, the armory, the Batmobile, everything fit.
That magic washed a little in Returns.

While I love BR, my gripes with it are it's pacing which I felt was increased by large margin from the previous film and that it was basically a Catwoman and Penguin movie that features Batman.

I still love the **** out of it.

Well, I'M currently staring at my 1.0 as I look at this pic and write this comment and I can firmly state Justin is talking :poop:

The gothic Tim Burton Batman aesthetic was lost in the second suit due to its art deco vision, all down to the bat symbol.

I much prefer the more artistic, uncommon shape to the symbol in 1989.

It felt like you were on the set of Dracula, the castle, the armory, the Batmobile, everything fit.
That magic washed a little in Returns.
The best Batman movie for « non batman lovers ». Everything was lost from the original. It’s even not a Batman movie anymore.
It’s a Tim Burton Christmas freaks movie with Batman as special guest IMO.
The suit and cowl are as bland and smooth as the movie itself…

Last edited:
Back