Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I love BR, my gripes with it are it's pacing which I felt was increased by large margin from the previous film and that it was basically a Catwoman and Penguin movie that features Batman.

I still love the **** out of it.
It's been a while since I've seen it but it's typically a Burton obsession, he's more interested by marginal characters rejected by society, freaks...Batman is too normal for him even if he is a tortured character.

Really? I thought the general consensus was that Returns is the more eccentric and stylized of the two. Burton had way more creative control with it, and it shows. It’s a Batman movie he actually wanted to make.

GIKf8fqWwAA3-O7.jpg:large

batman-returns-1992-by-tim-burton-cinematography-by-stefan-v0-6sdu875lm58d1.jpeg

8C175C21-3B78-4634-9AD9-E2F0709ECE71.jpeg

It was more eccentric, but I don't think that made it less of a proper Batman. As a film, I find it more rewatchable than 89.

The best Batman movie for « non batman lovers ». Everything was lost from the original. It’s even not a Batman movie anymore.
It’s a Tim Burton Christmas freaks movie with Batman as special guest IMO.
The suit and cowl are as bland and smooth as the movie itself…
On the plus side, if this 2.0 releases it's likely that HT won't f&#% up the suit texture. Most of us could use some bland and smooth as a palate cleanser after the '89 2.0 lol...

It has me wondering that the BR new faceplates might actually fit on the ‘89 cowl this time. Who knows?

It's odd: almost no one likes the movie, Batman Returns, best and yet many people like the Batsuit in Returns best.

Why is that?
Returns is my favorite Batman movie of all time and it's not even close. Its occult references, witty script, surreal and elegant setting, and haunting soundtrack make it a masterpiece. I think Burton reached his creative peak in the early 90s

Returns is my favorite Batman movie of all time and it's not even close. Its occult references, witty script, surreal and elegant setting, and haunting soundtrack make it a masterpiece. I think Burton reached his creative peak in the early 90s
I love Batman Returns. But I don't think it's a well-made film outside of the production design, costuming and soundtrack. For me it gets by on pure style. I used to watch it every Xmas; think I've given it a rest the last couple of years but yes, it really is beautiful.

This. It's ironically the only Batman film where the characters feel human (despite all of them having animal avatars that they use as a pretext to work through their pain and dysfunction).

This. It's ironically the only Batman film where the characters feel human (despite all of them having animal avatars that they use as a pretext to work through their pain and dysfunction).

Indeed, it's more of a psychological fairytale tackling with alienation and cynicism, rather than a comic book/action movie.

I want to see preorders for 1997 Batman and Robin. Those figures could so easily be swept into the vault of never-to-be-released figures - it’ll be a relief to “secure” them.

Back