1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Alfred and the Batcave were created in the first serial as well.

Also the idea that Alfred was slim and British, rather than the portly American he was to begin with.

1949 was wartime ?

A believe warlock had a slight slip of the pen there, he meant the '43 serial which was laced with ripe anti-Japanese lines which, when viewed today are really not pleasant. I ignore all the stupid racist stuff.

I doubt that both companies are being as ridiculously stubborn with the license as they once were, considering the fact that we're seeing products for the first time ever.
I don't know who to believe but what I've read suggests that Warner and Fox have worked out their issues and the delay is being caused by everyone else with a stake in the series (estates of guest stars, prop/costume designers, and whoever else).

A believe warlock had a slight slip of the pen there, he meant the '43 serial which was laced with ripe anti-Japanese lines which, when viewed today are really not pleasant. I ignore all the stupid racist stuff.

Yea, it was just a product of the era.

Check out comics of the WWII era where heros fight the Germans and Japanese. The Germans are always drawn as normal looking people while the Japanese all have demonic faces.

Yea, it was just a product of the era.

Check out comics of the WWII era where heros fight the Germans and Japanese. The Germans are always drawn as normal looking people while the Japanese all have demonic faces.

Even the old Looney Toon cartoons are full of that stuff.

Also the idea that Alfred was slim and British, rather than the portly American he was to begin with.

I think if I remember the early detective comics Alfred was introduced as heavy. it wasn't until the 60's he became skinny and British because DC wanted to have him get a backstory and the tv show had him with a brittish accent. It kept evolving last time I knew supposedly Alfred was a part of MI6 working for her majesty's the queens govt as a spy. undercover as a butler. which made him an excellent butler when he retired as MI6 and not to be trifled with which might be why the Wayne's hired him to look over Bruce.

I think an Alfred would be a nice edition with his own set of accessories to aid him, not just a serving tray

Last edited:
it wasn't until the 60's he became skinny and British because DC wanted to have him get a backstory

In the comics perhaps, they spent a lot of time playing catch-up. The slim British Alfred was definitely in the B/W serials first.

I think an Alfred would be a nice edition with his own set of accessories to aid him, not just a serving tray

:goodpost: Now on this we are really on the same page! :hi5:

In the comics perhaps, they spent a lot of time playing catch-up. The slim British Alfred was definitely in the B/W serials first.

They didn't waste time changing him to reflect the serial. Alfred went on vacation in 'Tec #83 (Jan '44). When he returned he looked like the Alfred everyone knows today.

:goodpost: Now on this we are really on the same page! :hi5:

I think he should have a listening device, sword walking stick (since im sure he is an excellent fencer), hidden weapons since he is proper they wouldn't be detected. bandages & medic kit, im not sure of what else but since they added MI6 to his bio some cool spy gadgets left over from cold war.

that's just a guestimate of some accessories outside of a serving tray for people who don't know Alfred he might be old but he is a spry English gentleman.

9471378079_ee88829a95_z.jpg

9474162200_eaef6db434_z.jpg

9474160152_3f8386b9cb_z.jpg

9471375867_ec386fe81a_z.jpg

9471375833_85b8e0f6e0_z.jpg

Img source: https://www.toy-people.com/?p=22831

Both those head sculpts are amazing. I'm sure if I turned on a episode and got out the magnifying glass I could find something but IMO they look wonderful. Really looking forward to these.

Now Adam's waist looks to be a mess, but sure that could be fixed with ease, hopefully.

wow these are amazing!!! :)

The Adam West sculpt is so good. Love it!!!

absolutely amazing. both of them look fantastic.

the batmobile has me nervous after all the qc issues with the 89 version. but im hooked with these. batman, robin and the batmobile are must haves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back