1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I said almost exactly that a couple pages back - great minds think alike. :lol :duff

...Well, that rules me out :lol

I thought Adam West's Batman was renowned for his "paunch" ...

Adam West really was a very fit guy. There was not an ounce of excess body fat on him. That belt, whilst looking good, made it look like he had no waist, due to its design and size.

I love these figures and whilst they have TOTAL MUST BUY status in my book, HT really does need to remove that fat suit or chose a better body for it...whichever it is that is required to slim him down.

Last edited:
220px-Gymkataposter.jpg

That is an EPIC film. :lol

HT better damn well figure out how to ship a car without scratch/ding issues before the 66' bat mobile goes out.

while i could live with just the figures and not the car...........i won't.....:lecture

though i may be in the minority on that though......:lol

HT better damn well figure out how to ship a car without scratch/ding issues before the 66' bat mobile goes out.

while i could live with just the figures and not the car...........i won't.....:lecture

though i may be in the minority on that though......:lol

I haven't watched the show in years, but I can't recall any mission that didn't start with the duo tearing out of the bat cave in the Batmobile - it's a must-buy for me that I'm already saving for :)

I only hope the do batgirl with a Barbara gordan head and costume and catwoman with a sculpt with mask on and one without next

I hope the likeness to Yvonne Craig and Julie Newmar is done correctly

images

1517801-batgirl.png

julie-newmar-02.jpg

catwoman_robin.jpg

And since there is glitter knit available it's much easier to deal with than Lurex was

I haven't watched the show in years, but I can't recall any mission that didn't start with the duo tearing out of the bat cave in the Batmobile - it's a must-buy for me that I'm already saving for :)

That's not fair.... Now I need the car too! :monkey2

It'd be cool if everyone got their dream piece out of this beloved series. :)

I have my doubts though, about HT going full bore with the cast.

I would be all over those.

The Arkham City Batman is the best portrayal and attitude of Batman ouside the comics. Though I can't stand the standard skin, I always played iwth the 70's and TDKR skins.

OMG those are the batman and robin from the radio show turned movies I believe it was 30's or 40's I forget but I did see one episode on vhs I don't believe their on dvd yet

OMG those are the batman and robin from the radio show turned movies I believe it was 30's or 40's I forget but I did see one episode on vhs I don't believe their on dvd yet

In 1945 Batman and Robin made guest appearances on the THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN radio show, and despite at least two efforts, sadly never had a radio series of their own.

The photos were from...

Batman, a 15-chapter serial starring Lewis Wilson as Batman and Douglas Croft as Robin, in 1943.

Batman and Robin, a 15-chapter serial starring Robert Lowery as Batman and Johnny Duncan as Robin, in 1949.

They are (for all their faults) decent attempts to get BATMAN on to the screen with as little changes a possible.

I too would be all over such figures! :yess:

Surely it wouldn't be hard to make customs of those.

The actors in costume looked like modestly made custom figures. :lol

In 1945 Batman and Robin made guest appearances on the THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN radio show, and despite at least two efforts, sadly never had a radio series of their own.

The photos were from...

Batman, a 15-chapter serial starring Lewis Wilson as Batman and Douglas Croft as Robin, in 1943.

Batman and Robin, a 15-chapter serial starring Robert Lowery as Batman and Johnny Duncan as Robin, in 1949.

They are (for all their faults) decent attempts to get BATMAN on to the screen with as little changes a possible.

The 1949 serial is on DVD! I just found it today for $7.99 in the DVD Batman/Superhero section at Toys R Us.

So, with the 60's line, is it safe to assume we will see atleast one villian? Joker would be great, But missing Riddler, Catwoman, and Penguin would leave a hole in the display!

I just wish WB would stop horse****ting around and get this series out on Blu-Ray!

No kidding. Watched Sandman/Catwoman's dual villain episode last night on the DVR. No matter how bad a episode is they are still good, IMO. That Joker builds a spaceship episode is still bad as ever though....I still watch it.

These figures look great for first glimpses. I pay most attention to head detail and can't really find anything to complain about on these. Now iron out the issues on the bodies and these would be perfect. I wasn't expecting to see these so soon or be as impressed with.

That 1949 serial looks pretty good on DVD. You can tell it was filmed when it was. Some comments seem rather racist but during wartime need to fan the flames.

The photos were from...

I think Alfred and the Batcave were created in the first serial as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back