1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be individual releases, I doubt they'll do a two pack....

Doubtful they'll be a set. Either way I'll get every figure of this line if they don't decide to stop after the duo. I really hope they continue since the '66 license has been an untouched goldmine for decades now. I'd want Joker next, then the Riddler, then Penguin. Anything after that would be a bonus.

Not only did they not finish the Watmen line, they barely got started. They released two figures (sound familiar?), Comedian & Silk Spectre II. They didn't even bother to release Rorschach who was the anti-hero of the story!

And don't get me started about Tron! There were many other interesting programs they could have made including Qourra. They could've made Clu, Renzler and the guards. Hell, Daft Punk even! They would've looked really cool.

The problem with them is if the Hong Kong market doesn't clamor for it, they just drop it.

Lets hope that doesn't happen here.

Watchmen... not Batman...

Tron.... not Batman...

I think once these figures sell like hot cakes it will only make sense to dig deeper into the license. Hot Toys would be fools if they didn't.

Yep - the 60s TV license is a gold mine for them.. & you can bet they know it too. :wink1:

As mentioned, it's incomparable to other lesser tiered ones.

Think of the potential. The show, in a lot of ways, has done HT's job for them. Want to make more money by re-releasing Riddler? No problem; make it a John Astin version. Catwoman? We can triple dip on that one! Julie Newmar? Check. Lee Merriwether? Check. Eartha Kitt? Done. Not to mention Mr. Freeze.

Yeah, that's it.

As well as multiple thespians in the various roles, there's a plethora of celebrities to potentially draw from too.

That - like releasing the show, could be messy & an uphill battle though..

Absolutely. Suffice it to say, I hope I'm alive to see the day when a Hot Toys King Tut happens.:lol

You know I read somewhere that this licence,along with James Bond,was one of the very first they went after when they dreamed up the Movie Masterpiece line back in 2005.They sent a prototype Bond to EON productions Piccadilly offices but it was rejected by Barbara Broccoli,who dislikes dolls,for whatever reason.So having fought so hard for this licence Im hoping we ll see a bit more yet.

Im just a little disappointed they re not DXs though.Imagine a removable cowl Adam West sculpt,with smoking jacket,Batshield,Library/Batpoles backdrop.

And more than anything I long for a Glastron Batboat!!

You know I read somewhere that this licence,along with James Bond,was one of the very first they went after when they dreamed up the Movie Masterpiece line back in 2005.They sent a prototype Bond to EON productions Piccadilly offices but it was rejected by Barbara Broccoli,who dislikes dolls,for whatever reason.So having fought so hard for this licence Im hoping we ll see a bit more yet.

Im just a little disappointed they re not DXs though.Imagine a removable cowl Adam West sculpt,with smoking jacket,Batshield,Library/Batpoles backdrop.

That's complete BS on the Bond dolls. How did Sideshow get the license and make so many 1/6 figures?

Damn; so, it'll be, at least, another twenty years before some quality Bond figs can come out.:lol

That's complete BS on the Bond dolls. How did Sideshow get the license and make so many 1/6 figures?

Actually, it's not complete BS on the 1:6 (or indeed any scale) Bond figures. Please try doing a little background checking before you post as if you know something.

In my conversations with Big Chief Studio - who are currently making the Who and Sherlock figures - they too went after the Bond licence as they too grew up with the Bond movies and as we have about 90% of the 1:6 scale Bond SSC figures in our collection and BCS wanted to do something with 007, we had a good chat about it. They told me directly that exact same thing. That after the SSC licence expired, they were no longer interested in doing anymore 1:6 scale figures and that this was sent down from Ms. Broccoli herself. I was not told the reason why so they either were not given one, or they did not want to/legally could not say. As they were at that event presenting the WHO line, they had no reason to tell anything but the facts about the SSC/007 stuff.

But looking at how the SSC 007 line petered out, with pointless reissues of figures, but in just different costumes, whilst retaining the same head sculpts...it might be easier to see why they got fed up with it. Perhaps HT might see that as a bit of an object lesson with regards the Iron Man line.

Yep - the 60s TV license is a gold mine for them.. & you can bet they know it too. :wink1:

But does the 60s Batman line have the potential of The Avengers and Marvel movies? I doubt that. You know Hot Toys has another Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, and of course more Iron Man figures in the works.

With 60s Batman, once they make Batman and Robin, the only characters are the villains. I doubt many want versions of the characters out of costume.

And more than anything I long for a Glastron Batboat!!

Was West ever in costume without the cowl? I can't remember.

I was wondering about the Bond license too. Sideshow did make tons of Bond figures. But they weren't like Hot Toys quality. But I don't think Hot Toys was making figures back then.

But does the 60s Batman line have the potential of The Avengers and Marvel movies? I doubt that. You know Hot Toys has another Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, and of course more Iron Man figures in the works.

With 60s Batman, once they make Batman and Robin, the only characters are the villains. I doubt many want versions of the characters out of costume.
Right.. you're comparing ONE show - to an entire Comic house? :lol

Come on..

Look at it in context. The Batman TV show is beloved - has worldwide appeal, & across all demographics. That's a monumental testament right there. Sure - if you're gonna lump all the Marvel stuff together & weigh that in, there's a lot there for HT - but it's not relevant to the earlier point I made.. & btw, I wasn't implying that Marvel itself is lower tier - certainly not. I was talking about the more temporary flavour of the day examples. :)

Right.. you're comparing ONE show - to an entire Comic house? :lol

Come on..

Look at it in context. The Batman TV show is beloved - has worldwide appeal, & across all demographics. That's a monumental testament right there. Sure - if you're gonna lump all the Marvel stuff together & weigh that in, there's a lot there for HT - but it's not relevant to the earlier point I made.. & btw, I wasn't implying that Marvel itself is lower tier - certainly not. I was talking about the more temporary flavour of the day examples. :)

Certain metallic ones, perhaps?

Watchmen... not Batman...

Tron.... not Batman...

I think once these figures sell like hot cakes it will only make sense to dig deeper into the license. Hot Toys would be fools if they didn't.

:lol

You conveniently left out the examples I gave about HTs not releasing main characters from the Nolan DK series...

Btw...those are from Batman

Again - it depends on how you look at things.

I'm not saying that they'll make Vincent Price as Egg Head - or King Tut :)lol), but the big four villains are very much on the 'A' list so to speak. The TV show incarnations, have been in the thick of pop culture for 40 years now.

Can you say that about Neeson's Ducard - or JGL's Blake?

No. :)

Well if you've noticed, HTs ain't exactly had a b o n e r for nostalgia. They've spent most of their resources on chasing blockbuster movies. Wasn't always like that but it definitely seems to be their focus as of yet.

I agree about the A list status of those characters but that's no guarantee HTs will make them.

I think the fact that it took a year to see the Bat & Robin prototype and still no PO for the over a year old Batmobile doesn't bode well for their commitment to the line...in regards to how deep they will go anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back