Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got charged Friday and shipping notice soon there after, it's due to arrive Wednesday!! So excited to finally have a Hulk in the collection!!!!!!

this figure looks really cool. still torn on getting this & replacing my A1 Hulk...hard to do because:
1) I like both the torn pants version AND the tights version-cant pick one over the other...but i can only have 1 due to space
2) A1 Hulk was the first hot toys that I saved up & bought on my own.(received TWS GA Cap as a christmas gift previously), so there is some sentimental value there as well :/

this figure looks really cool. still torn on getting this & replacing my A1 Hulk...hard to do because:
1) I like both the torn pants version AND the tights version-cant pick one over the other...but i can only have 1 due to space
2) A1 Hulk was the first hot toys that I saved up & bought on my own.(received TWS GA Cap as a christmas gift previously), so there is some sentimental value there as well :/

In my opinion there's not enough of a difference to justify the new Hulk of you already own the Avengers version. If you didn't already own it, then sure.

If I didn't already own the A1 version, I'd be happy to own this guy even though I do prefer the A1 version.

I had the Avengers 1 version and liked it but this one seems to be a big improvement with more display options for only $75 more than I paid for the first. I sold mine at a profit and ended up only having to pay about $50.00 for this version.

I like the fact that a lot of these figures retain if not increase in value so getting an upgrade is never a financial burden. Sometimes I even make money upgrading.

The figure goes to a good home and I'm happy with what I have until a new version comes out I really want.

Sometimes I don't upgrade but this one seemed the best choice.

I think both Hulks are great but i'm not a big enough hulk fan to sell and buy another for a couple pieces i will not use and a lighter shade of green. But V1, V2 or the eventually V3 i think everyone should have a Hulk because he looks amazing on the shelf.

I don't see hwo getting AOU Hulk is an upgrade to A1. I understand if you have MMS Joker then getting the DX version of it as an upgrade, but how is getting a same character from a different movie an upgrade? :lol

I don't see hwo getting AOU Hulk is an upgrade to A1. I understand if you have MMS Joker then getting the DX version of it as an upgrade, but how is getting a same character from a different movie an upgrade? :lol

It just looks better to me. I liked my A1 Hulk when I first got it but I knew this one would be more accurate and have better details when I saw the pictures so for me it's an upgrade. I like the headsculpts much better than the original and the extra torso is perfect for all of us that had the first version and could not achieve that pose even if we tried.

Pretty sure quite a few people consider the headsculpt an upgrade as well as the smash torso option. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

Pretty sure quite a few people consider the headsculpt an upgrade as well as the smash torso option. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

I don't know :dunno, my understanding of upgrading is getting the newer version of the same product, like the MMS MK3 and the die-cast.

Do you consider getting AOU Thor when you have the first Thor as an upgrade?

It's an updated figure, - or rather, a figure made to the likeness of the Hulk in the most recent film- that may constitute an upgrade to some.

My gripes with it stand; I'm not too keen on the olive green, the gums on the screaming sculpt, the shorts or the more narrow nostrils on the normal sculpt. The right shoulder also looks too bulbous to me.

Still a solid figure for those that didn't score an A1 figure; and some do prefer it to the A1 which is fine too.

You can also consider it "upgrading" if it's a better figure of the same character. Especially if you only want one version of any given character.

For the Star Wars movies I like multiple versions of each character. Luke Tatooine, Bespin Luke, Jedi Luke. Han Leia and so on. But the Marvel characters and DC heroes I only want one of each character but that's just me. Regardless of what movie it's from if I like a newer version of a character I already have I consider that upgrading. Depending of course if it looks better, has a better headsculpt, or better accessories.

I had the original Thor release and did a few mods to try and make it look better, taller, and I was happy with it until the Dark World Thor was released. So I upgraded to a better version.

I don't know :dunno, my understanding of upgrading is getting the newer version of the same product, like the MMS MK3 and the die-cast.

Do you consider getting AOU Thor when you have the first Thor as an upgrade?

It is all about what that word, upgrade, means to each person. By what you said here any new figure is an upgrade. But a few posts back you said you didn't understand how Aou hulk is an upgrade to a1.

For some it's the fact it comes with two heads (more then a1) and two torso sections (more then a1). That would qualify as an upgrade to me, not just an update. To me an update is like DW la Thor to Aou Thor. Or Aou bw to ws black widow. Mk3dc is an upgrade to mk3bd which was an update of mk3 original. That's how I see it. But other people have their own ways to look at things like that. I don't think there is a right or wrong, just an individual interpretation.

This is $275 at BBTS- is this a LOWER price than the original release?????????????? This could be a first for HT:clap

Back