Hot toys and Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm not mistaken hot toys worked with sideshow on luke.sideshow still carries the liscence.when they did luke there was a big gap between hot toys and sideshow,now sideshow is closing that gap with better sculpts ,paints,and clothing.i think it may be them not wanting to share the profits on future releases.why cut hot toys in if they can match the quality and keep all the profits.

Just chiming in and clear up a bit of what I said in another thread which caused me to receive quite a few PMs. Regarding the possible HT Han Solo. I have no concrete info it is coming. I said dont be surprised if it comes.

I hope that all our premature celebrating for 1) doesn't get you or your source in trouble and 2) make you think twice about sharing teases. A good chunk of us are just cloned out and ANY tease of "OT goodness" is kinda exciting. I'll remain cautiously optimistic until Howard says it ain't happening fo sho. Give us an inch, we'll take a foot :). Fingers crossed. Hope everyone cuts you some slack.

I did wonder if HT would bump up the DX Solo, especially with the new films coming I'm sure Disney would want to emphasise the OT as nostaglia promotion for those. With HT love of chairs, I bet the figure comes with a Faclon gunner chair as an accessory. HT must know that the pressure to come up with winning sculpt of Ford after the dissappointing Indy sculpt, let's hope that Trevor Grove got the gig.
The only thing that worries me is the fact that Iminime have tackled a Solo and didn't they say that they wouldn't step on HT toes with any releases?

As much as I want the Han Solo DX (would love putting him with SS's Greedo), if it bumps Anakin I have to admit I'd be disappointed. I was looking forward to pairing Anakin with all the 501st clones.

I just heard from an insider source that hot toys is officialy done with star wars. don't expect any more figures, as none are currently in development ;)

Teasing aside, it all depends on how disney re-works the liscensing. Hot toys dosn';t have a Star wars liscense currently, though they are working on getting the medicom one.

I think in a past recent interview, howard did state they were working on aquiring the new star wars movie license. If or when they do, i really hope they go ape poop bananas and iron man the crap out of that license.

they can work all they like, but it's a single liscense. there is not a separate one for each film. Exclusivity and limited options is part of what keeps the brand making internet service provider money.

ALSO, Hasbro are the keepers of they keys to the action figure liscense. and Hot toys HAS been cozying up to them alot. i expect that medicom is going to loose the asia market liscense, and HT will accuire it.

I think in a past recent interview, howard did state they were working on aquiring the new star wars movie license. If or when they do, i really hope they go ape poop bananas and iron man the crap out of that license.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that hot toys will be making movie figs for Star Wars ep 7 while sideshow collectibles will do more clones and probably figs from rebels

One thing I can see is that sideshow is more of their own interpretation of something not really focusing on likeness the last time they made a movie fig was gen grevious and that wasn't really based on a actual likeness but that's the only thing hot toys does I think hot toys needs a template to create off of but sideshow can be creative and when you get a sideshow fig like a clone or nathan drake that it's really hard to base and kind of work off of someone who is not real and animated or thier new dc line that's literally their interpretation of that character there's nothing else like it and it still looks amazing while a lot of hot toys look great because they are just looking at the actor and that's a lot less work

Back