Hot toys and Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just throwing this out there. I'd be curious to see how dependent HT is on non-US revenues. We know Star Wars toys in the domestic market are not dependent on content releases, based on the industry trend over the last decade-plus - SW toys still stay in the top 5 boys franchises even in years when there's no new content in film or TV. So it should stand to reason, and I think SSC knows this, that the US market will eat up quite literally almost any sixth scale SW figure. However, Star Wars doesn't carry anywhere near the weight that Marvel and namely Iron Man does overseas, certainly in non-content years like what we're experiencing now. When Ep7 comes out though, HT better be in a position to start releasing figures because global demand will be there.

Exactly. Even in the western Market there is not such high demand for Hot Toys Star Wars figures. The shop I buy mine at, which is one of the biggest shops in Europe, only recently sold it's last Luke figure. That says alot imo.

Exactly. Even in the western Market there is not such high demand for Hot Toys Star Wars figures. The shop I buy mine at, which is one of the biggest shops in Europe, only recently sold it's last Luke figure. That says alot imo.

except Luke was probably one of the most produced HT's figures to date...

I think it was a massive missed opportunity that Hot Toys didn't release a 1/6 Biker Scout and Speeder Bike for the Return of the Jedi 30th Anniversary last year. While I love the SS PF Speeder Bike, I wish there was some way of having the Biker Scout holding both handles and being stooped down more.

Can you imagine how perfect a Hot Toys Biker Scout and Speeder Bike would be?!!!

if you don't already know, Hot toys is currently limited to only being able to make DX versions of figures that Sideshow has already made figures of and released.

if you don't already know, Hot toys is currently limited to only being able to make DX versions of figures that Sideshow has already made figures of and released.

And they have to make them on behalf of sideshow, as hasbro is the license holder

Id prefer Luke in all the black gear from ROTJ, so the Bespin luke didnt do it for me.

pesunure.jpg

I will say based on a few friends I have that work at SS.. And I know nothing for sure but from things I've heard...if you are a fan of a certain fast moving forest vehicle you may want to start looking for display space. Release date... I don't know but I know the R&D was being some on it. Hopefully SDCC. Also from what I have been told the HT deal with SS is not dead. But the Disney acquisition changed the direction they were planning. With EP VII coming, don't be surprised if they somehow manage to smuggle a certain classic version of an OT character for a DX release.

And to stay on topic, the 1/6 3PO with be pretty much a shrunk down version of the PF with full articulation. Not sure if they fixed the huge bug eyes the 1:1 bust and the PF suffer from. But it will be a nice figure. The tamashii will still beat it I think as far as accuracy goes but we will see. I only "know" things I haven't seen the prototype yet.

Post from the 3PO thread. I would go giddy with joy if HT busts out a DX Han at Comic Con!

A DX Han would be awesome. The problem I have with Star Wars is I don't want to get too far into the line as there are so many characters that may be tempting to get.

They've made ONE figure in three years, so we won't have to worry about catching up for a while.. :lol but after EPVII hits, that may well change. :panic:

They've made ONE figure in three years, so we won't have to worry about catching up for a while.. :lol but after EPVII hits, that may well change. :panic:
Oh I didn't mean Hot Toys only. I meant between Sideshow and Hot Toys there are a lot I want but not sure how deep into the line I want to get. The core characters like Luke, Han, Leia, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca, Obi Wan, Yoda, Vader, and a couple Storm Troopers I'd probably want. That's a big list already though. Realistically I don't know if I'll even go that far as much as I'd like to.

Yeah, gotcha. I'm extremely selective - so that helps me.

I doubt anyone makes a nice high end Chewie, & that debate even sparked it's own thread in here.

I want HT to try Vader, Sir Alec Obi-Wan, Leia, Qui-Gon - & Ep1 Theed battle Padme.

Since I bought a lot of the clones I'd really love a DX Episode 3 Anakin and Obi Wan

Back