Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting, because I prefer the Clooneymobile. It's got that awesome retro race car vibe.

The Kilmer car - although I don't mind it (tracking down the 1:50 Hot Wheels version) looks like the love child of a corvette & a HR Giger copied misfire - obviously designed with toys in mind. :lol

last time - I promise!!

catwoman%252520new4_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

catwoman%252520new5%25255B4%25255D.jpg

catwoman%252520new7%25255B4%25255D.jpg

catwoman%252520new6%25255B4%25255D.jpg

Props to sdabbs one MOE time!!! :rock

Yeah - the BR Keaton suit - it's a classic, a really lovely suit. When Schumacher tried to follow it up with the first Kilmer suit, IMO he augmented the look to the detriment of the vibe of what Burton established; form, function, simple elegance.

Instead, Joel went all Greek 'statue' & honestly - regardless of any similarity to the 89 suit, that's where the decline in aesthetics started for me. The belt too, looked more like a ****ing wrist watch. :lol

My problem with the belts in all the movies is that they don't look like they can hold anything. That's why I like the belt from the Arkham games. It actually has pouches and stuff so it looks like Batman isn't just pulling gadgets out of you-know-where, (yes, I know some of his gadgets in the game are too big for the pouches, but bear with me)

batman%20arkham%20asylum.jpg

Yeah, I agree to a point.

However, I think the idea behind Keaton's belts was more minimalist than the 'tool box' style belt that you'd naturally associate with the term 'utility belt'.

Keaton's held capsules of sorts, but was also uncluttered enough for attaching stuff to it as well.

In a way, it gave the audience the impression that he was packing light, but big on surprises. :)

Keaton's grappling gun moving from behind provided the illusion that he could be packing a few gadgets at the back of the belt. For the films, however, I love Bale's the most as it packs a lot and is packed haphazardly, no symmetry like capsules should be on these sides, etc. Overall I also prefer the pouches, thus my love for Miller's, Mazzuchelli's, Lee's Hush, and Bermejo's utility belt versions. It just looks more utilitarian.

Some Batman-related sourcebooks also stated that in comics, Batman actually has a lot of hidden pockets on his gauntlets, boots, and even his cape for more lightweight accessories. I guess they wrote that to explain how come he could carry so much with just a belt on LOL

I think Bale's belt looked the MOST like a wrist watch actually. :lol

If we think about it for a moment though - just like his incarnations over 70+ years, the belt design differences are stark!

You go from basically a raincoat belt per the 30s serial suit, to Bale's Rolex toolbox. :lol

I like Neal Adams' art the most. He drew Batman with a gymnast's elegance & physicality, & made the suit & cape look as cool as ****. :rock

I think Bale's belt looked the MOST like a wrist watch actually. :lol

If we think about it for a moment though - just like his incarnations over 70+ years, the belt design differences are stark!

You go from basically a raincoat belt per the 30s serial suit, to Bale's Rolex toolbox. :lol

I like Neal Adams' art the most. He drew Batman with a gymnast's elegance & physicality, & made the suit & cape look as cool as ****. :rock

Darn it, man. Now I won't even look at the bare DX12 belt the same way again! :lol But yeah, Bale's belt does looklike a gold wristwatch's bracelet without its accessories on :lol

As for Batman's belts throughout the years, it's ironic that I'm more of the pouch over the capsule belt, but I bought the latter's DC Direct replica as I find it more awesome in 1:1 than the former :lol

Oh, Neil Adams. That man's so ahead of his time. He drew Batman in the 60's the way artists would draw the character decades from then.

I have the 7 inch DCD Batman/Superman figure and like this look too.

90094060-260x260-0-0_DC+Direct+Superman+Batman+Series+7+Batman+Figure+D.jpg

If it comes down to HT Arkham vs HT Returns it will be a close call for me. I'll really struggle with that decision, but would consider it a good problem to have.

:pray:

I've never really been a fan of black & grey suit wrestler Batman - it doesn't resonate with me at all.

I actually think the Arkhum game suit design is horrible, personally.

I don't mind Jim Lee's art - but again, a bit too chunky & not real aesthetically pleasing to my eye ultimately.

I've never really been a fan of black & grey suit wrestler Batman - it doesn't resonate with me at all.

I actually think the Arkhum game suit design is horrible, personally.

I don't mind Jim Lee's art - but again, a bit too chunky & not real aesthetically pleasing to my eye ultimately.

Yeah I can understand why people wouldn't like it definitely. I think what I personally like most about it is that to me it's more believable/functional.

When TDK first came out I really liked that suit, but now it's way down the list even though it will likely always be my favorite Batman film.

I would say, in no order, AA type suits, BB suit, and both Keaton suits do it most for me.

Bringing it around full circle, I love the Arkham city game (and Asylum) partly because it reminded me of Burton batman, it felt like a nice combination of Burton batman, Batman TAS, and just a hint of Nolan Batman (the 'functional' part) the whole snow in the city, the music, even down to the Shrek cat model (a small but appreciated easter egg) really did it for me - it was much closer (in my opinion) to a third Burton film than any of the Shumaker films

Bringing it around full circle, I love the Arkham city game (and Asylum) partly because it reminded me of Burton batman, it felt like a nice combination of Burton batman, Batman TAS, and just a hint of Nolan Batman (the 'functional' part) the whole snow in the city, the music, even down to the Shrek cat model (a small but appreciated easter egg) really did it for me - it was much closer (in my opinion) to a third Burton film than any of the Shumaker films

I agree. I can see the third time through now why most people prefer AC to AA, the atmosphere is so much better.

I remember a review of TDKR that said the fighting was kind of disappointing because it look like Batman especially was kind of struggling against his suit.

But I always liked the fights, especially the first fight between them.

You guys know HT has this thing called Iron Midas? There's even a shirt for it!!!

:slap

Back