Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The increase in price has been at a rate that has not matched the increase in costs of production with respect to plastic and oil. That is how we know that Hot Toys' price increases have been largely due to their desire to increase profit margins.
I'm sorry but how can you say this if you don't work for them? You know what their books look like, what their operating costs are? I'm sure that's a factor that they want to make more profit and know people will pay the prices but I doubt that's all of it. To speculate on something like that and treat it like it's fact is wrong.

I'm sorry but how can you say this if you don't work for them? You know what their books look like, what their operating costs are? I'm sure that's a factor that they want to make more profit and know people will pay the prices but I doubt that's all of it. To speculate on something like that and treat it like it's fact is wrong.

Because the global increase in oil prices and plastic production costs are not a Hot Toys trade secret.

battle_damaged_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d6kqkog.jpg

That's amazing work there man. There's no way Hot Toys will ever top that if they even get to it.

I'm not a fan of "real" hair, but you pulled that off perfectly. I don't know what I like more, the headsculpts or that stitching on the suit. It doesn't even look like a doll.

Because the global increase in oil prices and plastic production costs are not a Hot Toys trade secret.
But that's only one thing I mentioned of what could be many factors. We don't know what all their costs are. I'm not disagreeing that they raise prices a bit because they can but most businesses don't raise prices based solely on that reason.

Also that custom Catwoman is pretty great. Would love to see something similar to that released by Hot Toys.

If HT's catwoman looked like that, I will be well on my way in purchacing my first HT female figure. DAMN GOOD JOB THERE!!!

I've got my eye out for a first female figure too. TDKR Catwoman would be okay with me at around $175, but not at her price. Hopefully we'll either get a Faora (which will be overpriced, but I still might look into if released) from HT or Returns Catwoman.

Not for me, I'm pissed.

Vintij is usually the one that complains about that kinda stuff too. Ban him.

Like a-dev said - it's a new page, & I counted the posts beforehand anyway. :lol :D

..& damn, if ever a custom pic - let alone a pic of any kind, deserves a re-quote!

I had to do a double take actually - really convincing work. I'm still not a fan of dolly hair, but sdabbs' job just shows how high end it can actually look! :duff

Back