Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic custom sdabbs.

As DiFabio said it is hard to imagine HT topping that.

Do you have anymore custom work or just Selina/Catwomen?

Vintij is usually the one that complains about that kinda stuff too.
I just thought I'd reply to this briefly:

As much as (I hope) there's some jest in Difabio & a-dev's comments there.. they're right. Whether you're a nice forumite - or an @!$$hole, at least be consistent.. & I'd like to think that I'm one of the nicER ones. :lol

..but yeah, I do complain about multiple pic re-quotes - totally. I've even pulled up a-dev on it, bless him. Sometimes it's like a domino effect though; one followed by 10 more for no real purpose. In this case, that custom is unbelievable - & props to sdabbs again for it, & the fact that it was a new page (if you go by 10 posts per) helped. Apologies for being somewhat inconsistent.

Anyway.. please continue. :duff

Yep, our posts were in jest, no worries. It was a new page for me on my particular settings.

I just remembered the last time sdabbs posted pics of his custom they were quoted to an absolutely ridiculous degree beyond all necessity.

Once per page is quite sufficient for people to know what you're referring to.

Is it ok if I milk it a little?

:lol Yes, as long as its you posting new pics in a thread that otherwise has nothing. We were talking about other posters overquoting the same pics again and again despite it already having being done by many others - and all just to say 'cool!'

The tazer pic is even better. Damn.

This is one of the few times where I highly doubt a company with licensed product is going to be able to up a custom. This thing is the real deal and looks great, especially with it's extreme expression (which is usually always poorly done when attempted by other artists/companies).

What body is that on?

The tazer pic is even better. Damn.

This is one of the few times where I highly doubt a company with licensed product is going to be able to up a custom. This thing is the real deal and looks great, especially with it's extreme expression (which is usually always poorly done when attempted by other artists/companies).

What body is that on?

thanks man - means allot :)

I love doing extreme expressions for characters to really capture them - I think it is the one thing missing in 1/6

the body is a phicen small busted body - I tried a few other bodies for her but this one is by far the best.

Phenomenal work, sdabbs! Surely the love and care you've put on to make this custom can't be matched by any mass-produced high-end figures. Just amazing!

That Catwoman is the best custom I think I have ever seen. Looks just like Pfieffer and the suit and claws are spot on. Really like the taser picture. Wish this was available for purchase. Truly spectacular job.

I agree it's wonderfully done.

Another movie photo to keep morale up.

1992-batman-returns--major-changes-in-the-sequel-include-the-bat-emblem-and-design-of-the-suit-batmans-chest-and-abs-look-less-natural.jpg

Props to sdabbs one MOE time!!! :rock

Yeah - the BR Keaton suit - it's a classic, a really lovely suit. When Schumacher tried to follow it up with the first Kilmer suit, IMO he augmented the look to the detriment of the vibe of what Burton established; form, function, simple elegance.

Instead, Joel went all Greek 'statue' & honestly - regardless of any similarity to the 89 suit, that's where the decline in aesthetics started for me. The belt too, looked more like a ****ing wrist watch. :lol

Yeah - the BR Keaton suit - it's a classic, a really lovely suit. When Schumacher tried to follow it up with the first Kilmer suit, IMO he augmented the look to the detriment of the vibe of what Burton established; form, function, simple elegance.

Instead, Joel went all Greek 'statue' & honestly - regardless of any similarity to the 89 suit, that's where the decline in aesthetics started for me. The belt too, looked more like a ****ing wrist watch. :lol

Apart from the nips, the belts on all Schumacher Batsuits are what I don't dig. I just don't like costumes with the superhero's shield/crest/logo for a belt buckle, unless it's the only place where they have it. It makes the design too redundant (even in comics). Then there's Superman Returns costume that should hold the record for having the most number of S-shields in a single costume...

Apart from the nips, the belts on all Schumacher Batsuits are what I don't dig. I just don't like costumes with the superhero's shield/crest/logo for a belt buckle, unless it's the only place where they have it. It makes the design too redundant (even in comics). Then there's Superman Returns costume that should hold the record for having the most number of S-shields in a single costume...
Agreed. :lol

The Batsymbols all over the Kilmer car was **** too. We could go on & on couldn't we.. :monkey1

I have to admit even though it's over the top I actually sort of like the Batman Forever Batmobile. The only Batmobile I don't care for is the one from Batman & Robin. Seems like that film just got everything wrong

Back