Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to the day when the first picture is shown. The collecting community will explode, and the dynamic of this board and thread will change.

Remember when people were debating whether Batman Forever and Batman&Robin were to be considered direct sequels to Burton's Batman's? Did anyone bring up the fact that Harvey Dent was black in Batman '89 and somehow white in Batman Forever?

images

Billy Dee Billy Dee!!!

Remember when people were debating whether Batman Forever and Batman&Robin were to be considered direct sequels to Burton's Batman's? Did anyone bring up the fact that Harvey Dent was black in Batman '89 and somehow white in Batman Forever?

And he had a baby named Blanket in 89.

Well, as much as alot of the crappy decisions about BF and B&R were foisted onto Schumacher by WB themselves (to sell lots of toys, it seems) that one choice lands squarely Joel's shoulders. Which is a real shame as I think, had Burton still been in charge, BDW would have had real presence and brought some real scare value into the role.

And he had a baby named Blanket in 89.

:lol:lol:lol

Yes, that was on the list of many superficial changes between the Burton and Schumacher movies. Along with the fact that the MAIN character also changes faces just within the Schumacher films...so by that logic, not even B&R is a direct sequel to BF.

Yes, that was on the list of many superficial changes between the Burton and Schumacher movies. Along with the fact that the MAIN character also changes faces just within the Schumacher films...so by that logic, not even B&R is a direct sequel to BF.

Face-race. Race-face. Two-face. I dunno.

^ :lol

If Returns Keaton is DX15.. I think I'll be well truly conflicted. I only wanted the 89 Keaton - my fave. However, BR Keaton will be a sweet figure too - just think of all the goodies - plus the extra head (surely that's a given). The refined cowl, the more comic-esque Batsymbol, the armour plated suit.. hmm. :cool:

^ :lol

If Returns Keaton is DX15.. I think I'll be well truly conflicted. I only wanted the 89 Keaton - my fave. However, BR Keaton will be a sweet figure too - just think of all the goodies - plus the extra head (surely that's a given). The refined cowl, the more comic-esque Batsymbol, the armour plated suit.. hmm. :cool:

No conflict for me. I have always wanted both versions from the very start. I really like the art-deco styling of the BR suit, and I cannot wait for it to get shown and the PO go live...but the original has more mystery to it. Plus, I should have about $150 in SSC point to use on him. This is a 'must buy' for me I am afraid, as are the Penguin and Catwoman if they should appear, and all the '66 figures that should materialise (and that sweet car if can stretch it).

:lol

I'm actually glad I have a modest focus - it's a multifaceted advantage.

Simpler, uncluttered set ups, more money to devote to 'must haves' & a clear wish list path.

Keeping it simple works well for me. :)

1989 Batman will go into the Batmobile and the BR will be displayed. So much prefer the comic symbol.

As long as we're speculating, what new cool gadgets could Batman Returns fig come with?

Back